2nd Reich PBEM
Oh no, not another 2nd Reich PBEM!

Order of play:
Germany=Darius
Austria-HUNGARY!!!=FiGu
Italy=The Mega Magyar Man
Russia=Kobra
Allies=conmcb25

No changes have been made from the previous version (v3). Files can be downloaded from this thread:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=66469

Let the good times roll.
Old June 28, 2003, 00:03   #2
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 20:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Also, it is my opinion that reloading your turn for reconaissance purposes is a legitimate strategy since zeppelins and interceptors are using the dip/spy slots and they make do not make feasible scouts. I will kindly ask players NOT to reload for better combat results. If anyone disagrees, speak your mind.
Old June 29, 2003, 13:33   #3
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 06:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
so... Darius play your turn!

This is not a bump, just an reminder

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old June 29, 2003, 13:47   #4
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

He knows. BTW, feel free to bump my threads whenever you wish.
Old June 29, 2003, 14:36   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 00:42
Quote:
Originally posted by MagyarCrusader
Also, it is my opinion that reloading your turn for reconaissance purposes is a legitimate strategy since zeppelins and interceptors are using the dip/spy slots and they make do not make feasible scouts. I will kindly ask players NOT to reload for better combat results. If anyone disagrees, speak your mind.
Well I think any reloading is a no no but since Im new Ill check this out and give you my opinion later on the Recon.

And I will respect your wishes, reloading for combat is a no no for me. So I agree 100%!
Old July 1, 2003, 17:03   #6
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Darius, BUMP!
Old July 2, 2003, 14:39   #7
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

bump
Attached Images:

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Old July 2, 2003, 14:47   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
BTW, feel free to bump my threads whenever you wish.
Thanks!

BUMP DARIUS!
Old July 4, 2003, 08:12   #9
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Thanks!

BUMP DARIUS!
Ditto
Old July 5, 2003, 21:17   #10
Eivind IV
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Hrrmm...

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!
Old July 8, 2003, 09:48   #11
Eivind IV
King

Dariussss??

Old July 9, 2003, 04:12   #12
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 23:42
Sorry, there's a problem with the scen. I just realized the railroads are merely invisible, not removed! Even worse, they're still buildable.

I'm removing them as we speak, except for ones on industrial squares.

Last edited by Darius871; July 9, 2003 at 04:22.
Old July 9, 2003, 13:59   #13
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

You've got an old version. Did you download the new stuff?
Old July 9, 2003, 14:03   #14
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Just use these
Attached Files:
File Type: zip files.zip (42.5 KB, 6 views)
Old July 10, 2003, 06:32   #15
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
You've got an old version. Did you download the new stuff?
Er, I downloaded from the thread you linked to above. I even double-checked just now, and yep, railroads. The file you just posted has no railroads though.

Anyway, I had removed them and played my turn before your post, so here we are.

Usual opening:

Victory at Tannenburg!

Russian men and artillery captured after the Battle of Tannenburg.

In a spectacular display of quality over quantity, Feldmarschall Ludendorff has all but wiped out two Russian armies outside the East Prussian town of Tannenburg, inflicting nearly a quarter million casualties on the enemy. Eight divisions of conscripts, three divisions of regulars, three cavalry regiments, and two artillery batteries were reported destroyed.

Following up on this success, German forces went on the offensive, capturing the fortifications northwest of Bialystok. A further four Russian divisions were annihilated in this operation.

Advance continues in the West

A Bavarian artillery regiment jubilates on the road to Paris.

The invasion of Belgium has finally drawn to a close, as Lille, Brussels, and Antwerpen have all been wrested from their battered defenders. Meanwhile, our southern offensive has captured Reims, and destroyed numerous French units outside the city. Furthermore, emptied French fortifications along the front have been completely dismantled. This way the region will be continually vulnerable even if they do manage to retake it.

Support our men in grey, tear down England's schemes! Buy war bonds!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip germany_1914_aug.zip (42.7 KB, 3 views)
Old July 10, 2003, 12:43   #16
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

OK, and nobody can build railroads now can they?
Old July 14, 2003, 04:03   #17
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

No, I still can. We can either have someone take the tech away from all players via cheat mode and then have the tech unresearchable in the rules file, or just have a house rule against building them. Since a turn's been played I guess the latter would be better, plus nobody would break the rule since it'd be so easy to detect.
Old July 14, 2003, 07:53   #18
Eivind IV
King

Just so you guys know, I got nailed by the military That means I will probably have to quit all my games in order to serve my country. I'm not sure, but it might be that they have internet and PC's we soldiers can borrow in our spare time. In that case, I won't have to quit them all.

I am not going yet though. It's not until the 29th of July but I want to let you know it now already. I will then be away for a year.

I am most likely going to Kosovo (NATO), Afghanistan (NATO) or Iraq (Under British command) to serve as a peace keeping soldier.

I did not want this to happen. Damn Norwegian conscription!

Old July 14, 2003, 10:49   #19
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

It will be a character building experience for you Kobra!

Old July 14, 2003, 11:10   #20
Eivind IV
King

Yeah, I could need some disiplin and structure to my life

Old July 14, 2003, 14:31   #21
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

HOUSE RULE: DO NOT BUILD RAILROADS

Hey Kobra, it can't be that bad can it? Think of it as a paid vacation to see the world.
Old July 22, 2003, 04:21   #22
FiGu
Prince

Hmmm.. theres something odd in the scen! i can see everyones units, look into their cities and so on.

Old July 30, 2003, 01:47   #23
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Dammit dammit dammit, I forgot to toggle that off after removing the railroads (I removed them and played the turn before MC pointed me to the no-RR version). Here's the file with normal maps:
Attached Files:
File Type: net germany_1914_aug.net (232.4 KB, 2 views)
Old August 3, 2003, 06:57   #24
FiGu
Prince

Unrest on the Eastern Front
The Austrian Army ordered a counter-offensive to be launched against the Russian position in the outskirts of Lemberg. An expected 6 Divisions was destroyed during the attacks, with losses of only 1 brigade.
However, the Highcommand has concerned that the City won't hold if more large attacks are made. But the Garrisons morale remains High.
Belgrad under Siege
The Austrian-Hungarian forces have put the city of Belgrad on seige, without supplies its expected that the Serbian troops cant hold the City. The Hungarians has also reinforced the siege with one Divisions, and more Austrian divisions are expected to come to soon.

Hurray for the Austria-Hungary!
Hurray for the Central Powers!!
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria_1914_aug.net (232.4 KB, 2 views)

Old August 3, 2003, 10:58   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
Dammit dammit dammit, I forgot to toggle that off after removing the railroads (I removed them and played the turn before MC pointed me to the no-RR version). Here's the file with normal maps:
Ok it isn't my turn yet but where is this "no railroad version"? Shouldn't we all be using those files?
Old August 3, 2003, 22:44   #26
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Since only the .scn was changed IIRC, you can just play with the normal files.
Old August 13, 2003, 04:02   #27
techumseh
Emperor

Local Time: 22:42
I'm willing to take the Russians, if the confusion over RR's etc. can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

www.tecumseh.150m.com
Old August 13, 2003, 05:40   #28
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Just use the files here:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=66469
Old August 13, 2003, 21:11   #29
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Ah excellent Techumseh, I shall commence Italy's turn.
Old August 17, 2003, 02:27   #30
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Man, I gotta get my **** together.
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1914aug.net (232.4 KB, 3 views)