Old August 18, 2003, 15:57   #31
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 00:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What happened to Kobra?
Old August 18, 2003, 17:45   #32
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 23:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Where have you been? He got drafted; he's in Iraq or Yugoslavia, I forget which. Over half a dozen games are stalled now.
Old August 18, 2003, 18:28   #33
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
Where have you been? He got drafted; he's in Iraq or Yugoslavia, I forget which. Over half a dozen games are stalled now.
Oh thats right, I didn't realize he was leaving this quickly.
Old August 23, 2003, 03:53   #34
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Techumseh?
Old September 2, 2003, 14:11   #35
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 22:42
Sorry about that.

The Grand Duke Nicholas of STAVKA has announced the capture of Lemberg by Russian troops. Casualties were light.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1914aug.net (232.4 KB, 2 views)

www.tecumseh.150m.com
Old September 2, 2003, 14:21   #36
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK Guys, its my turn. Which download am I supposed to use for this scenario and am I supposed to do something about Railroads?

The sooner I know, The sooner Ill play.

Thanks!
Old September 2, 2003, 14:26   #37
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 20:42
Use the files:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthre...&threadid=66469

There should be no railroads. Download technumseh's save and play, there should be no problem. IF you see railroads, then let us know.
Old September 2, 2003, 14:27   #38
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=66469
Old September 2, 2003, 16:34   #39
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Steve said elsewhere he'd be busy for a week.
Old September 2, 2003, 16:44   #40
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thanks Magyar!

Everything seems to be normal and no railroads.

One thing there was something wrong with the Title.gif when I unzipped the files. That is the only thing and not needed for this PBEM, however if someone has a good title.gif for this please post it here so I can complete my scenario directory.

"Germans get the Disaster at Marne Tech".

"The German armies have marched with incredible speed an have reached the outskirts of Paris!
But the Allies launch a counter offensive beginning on September 6. They attack a gap in the
German lines in the Marne valley.."

Allies recapture Reims which launches:

"In the first major clash on the Western Front, the Allied forces have defeated the advancing
Germans to save Paris. The Battle of the Marne has left the Shlieffen Plan in ruins and the
German army begins their retreat from Paris. The Kaiser faces Bismark's nightmare. A war on
two fronts between the still alive French, and the slow but steady Russians. The Germans now
change their plans after recent success on the Eastern Front and failure in the West. They decide
to stick to the defensive in France, and launch an offensive campaign against Russia due to the
absence of trenches and a vast amount of open ground to work with."

The German Cavalry and several infantry Divisions between Reims and Paris destroyed.

Fortification just east of Marne recaptured and reinforced.

One cavalry in no mans land east of Marne destroyed.

Several German Infantry remain in the rear between Reims and Paris. However the Shlieffen Plan (which we found out about because a beautiful French Spy got the OPLAN from Kaiser Darius himself } is in ruins, the Infantry will be easily mopped up next turn.

Chaulk this up as another victory for the "Good Guys"!

Allied Economy put on a war footing.
Attached Files:
File Type: net allied_1914sept.net (232.4 KB, 3 views)
Old September 2, 2003, 16:46   #41
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
Steve said elsewhere he'd be busy for a week.
Just the weekend, this Thursday thru Sunday. Ill be back on Monday. I dont think it will be an isue, this has not been exactly moving at lighting speed.........
Old September 8, 2003, 11:48   #42
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK Darius, its Monday, Im back and your up to play!
Old September 15, 2003, 14:56   #43
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

BUMP THE KAISER (DARIUS)!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 15, 2003, 19:26   #44
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Argh... this thread must not be popping up on my CP or something...

While our advances continue, the Allies are correct in stating that the Schlieffen Plan has failed.

- Reims easily retaken, costing the British three conscript divisions. A British conscript division, one French division, one British division, and two unknown units were all annihilated outside the city.

- Two French conscript divisions, one 65mm artillery battery, and one division of French regulars wiped out in front of Paris.

- German troops have taken the large French fortress east of Amiens to prepare for an assault on the city.

- Two Russian divisions wiped out around Lodz.

- Feldmarschall Ludendorff and the victors of Tannenburg have marched virtually unimpeded into Bialystok, after destroying two divisions of petty conscripts, one inside the city and one in tents to the northeast.

Ze German soldier: perseverance, strength, and energy...
Attached Files:
File Type: net germany_1914_sept.net (232.4 KB, 2 views)
Old September 16, 2003, 10:28   #45
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 06:42
Russian BlackSea Fleet destroyed!

The Austrian Navy succesfully destroyed one Destroyer and one Battleship at the BlackSea. And Battles in Radom goes on, 1 Russian Conscript Division destroyed!

Austria would LIKE Italy to Remove its troops from blocking the road in Innsbruck - Trento. If you don't you'll face the mighty Armies of the German Empires!
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria_1914_sept.net (232.4 KB, 2 views)

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old September 16, 2003, 11:48   #46
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Actually you can't declare war in this scen, so he can do whatever the hell he pleases.
Old September 16, 2003, 12:02   #47
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Damn! bloody Hungarian! I promise you.. If you don't withdraw them now! ill kill 1 million Hungarians in the Game, or all of them!

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Old September 16, 2003, 17:33   #48
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Hey hey, the troops are just visiting their friends and relatives that happen to reside in Trento. After all, the population of the city is Italian.

Hungarians aren't afraid of Austrians. We are afraid of T-34 drivers doped up on vodka.
Attached Files:
File Type: net italy1914sept.net (232.4 KB, 2 views)
Old September 20, 2003, 09:53   #49
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 22:42
Russian steamroller gathers momentum! German and Austrian divisions routed, Austrian naval losses reported in Black Sea.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1914sept.net (232.4 KB, 3 views)

www.tecumseh.150m.com
Old September 23, 2003, 15:41   #50
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Ya, know Im really beginning to think this game sucks, CIV 2 that is.

Again the AI changes my production.

And Im just too lazy or busy to use lazy civ.

One day Im going to just call PBEM Quits!

Edit: OK Ill try and sneak this in tonight.

(Heavy sigh)

Last edited by conmcb25; September 23, 2003 at 17:13.
Old September 23, 2003, 16:11   #51
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

dammit, if you're too lazy to take 10 seconds and do Lazyciv you can send the file to someone outside the game so they can do it.
Old September 23, 2003, 16:56   #52
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Well its not just lazyness.

Im at work, I had about 15 or 20 minutes during a late lunch to space off. After a very busy start to the week.

I wanted to quick knock this turn out and of course dont have lazy civ here. (And cant put it on my ancient computer that I already have way to many problems with)

And I know Im not going to have a chance to play at home tonight.

So what should I do have you guys wait another 48 hours?

It is just irritating.
Old September 23, 2003, 17:10   #53
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Yes, wait a little bit until you can use lazy civ. Darius doesn't need any advantages!
Old September 23, 2003, 17:15   #54
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by MagyarCrusader
Yes, wait a little bit until you can use lazy civ. Darius doesn't need any advantages!
OK MC, you have convinced me. (Shuffles away grumbling about the dam AI!)
Old September 24, 2003, 13:29   #55
FiGu
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MagyarCrusader
Hey hey, the troops are just visiting their friends and relatives that happen to reside in Trento. After all, the population of the city is Italian.

Hungarians aren't afraid of Austrians. We are afraid of T-34 drivers doped up on vodka.
But, but..!! They are blocking the road for Austrian and Hungarian and German Tourists! They can't get into Italy, which makes that Italys Tourist market will fall!!

Old September 25, 2003, 00:06   #56
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Thats ok, I predict that in 16 months the Italy tourist market will recover when hordes of Austrian and German civilians come to visit their relatives who are being held as POWs.
Old September 25, 2003, 12:17   #57
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Can anyone email me lazy civ?

I have not found it posted at either forum and Xin Lu's (sp?) links are broken.

conmcb25NOSPAM@ bluemarble.net

Take out the NOSPAM of course.
Old September 25, 2003, 23:24   #58
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

I sent it yesterday dude.
Old September 26, 2003, 02:02   #59
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yep, you sure did Darius! Thanks!
Old September 27, 2003, 01:03   #60
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

All Germans between Reims and Paris were eliminated.

One Infantry Division outside of Amiens destroyed.

One U Boat outside of Rotterdam Destroyed as well as one a few hexes east of Ipswich

German Battleship spotted outside of Amsterdam.
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies_1914oct.net (232.4 KB, 2 views)