View Poll Results: Pact with the cyborgs
aye-- I favor having them as mates (subject to reaching the proper deal) 4 100.00%
Nay -- I don't want them as mates and don't waste breath negotiatin 0 0%
Xenobanana 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 28, 2003, 00:30   #1
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 22:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Should we pact with the cybernetic consciousness
The question is simple . . . IN principle do you favor or oppose the concept of entering a pact with the cybernetic consciousness.

Note the idea here is to get a mandate to negotiate. The actual pact would be subject to ratification by the faction.
Old June 28, 2003, 00:37   #2
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I vote aye

There are a lot of tough factions out there and some form of pact could be beneficial. Lets at least see agree with the idea of the principle of a pact-- If most people are in favor we can have discussions as to the type of pact.

Any pact will be subject to ratification anyway
Old June 28, 2003, 07:10   #3
Mark123jansen
ACDG3 GaiansACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 05:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I say go for it there are plenty other faction to loot and plunder out there.
Old June 28, 2003, 15:24   #4
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 21:42
aye in principle, but not permanently. If at all possible we should try for a sole victory. (ARRRRRRRRR! All the loot fer us, none fer the rest!) On that note, does anyone know how trustworthy they are likely to be?
Old June 28, 2003, 21:09   #5
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 23:42
Aye Matey, you can have my dirk in your ballot if you want it; meanwhile, I'll just hold off in case you want to (honestly) say that there is some dissent.

All else being equal, I might be more inclined to ally with some of the other factions (and the AI might treaty/pact with us if we meet them soon enough and stay otherwise neutral ally-wise (I would suppose that the Bellievers hate the Borg, although I don't know for sure) and uncommitted or non-antagonistic SE-wise) and try to overrun the Borg instead of allying with them. But things aren't that equal, so:
- I agree with you that Buster et al are a definite menace and it might be dangerous to help and/or trust them too much if we are going to end up fighting them in the end;
- and I don't know if I could handle dealing with the Hive (who might also in general be good partneres for us) as boisterous as they are in this game;
- and as for the University, well they are not so different from the Borg, but they are already here and willing to pact it seems.

So let me know if you need my actuall vote, meanwhile consider that you have my proxy.
Old June 29, 2003, 19:45   #6
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by foolish_icarus
aye in principle, but not permanently. If at all possible we should try for a sole victory. (ARRRRRRRRR! All the loot fer us, none fer the rest!) On that note, does anyone know how trustworthy they are likely to be?
I agree me'harty!

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old July 1, 2003, 17:15   #7
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 23:42
And with a brisk partnered research + our abiliy to probably meet everyone else first, we can make some good l3wt tech trading ^_^

And hey...it's still early....we can always probe them to death later
Old July 2, 2003, 07:35   #8
Mark123jansen
ACDG3 GaiansACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 05:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ill drink to that
Old July 6, 2003, 11:23   #9
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

/me hiccups...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...