Old June 29, 2003, 12:02   #1
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 00:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Orders for Term 3 first chat - Chat 13
I know UnOrthOdOx is anxious to get us started, so I am posting this a bit early and topping it. That way, things can get started in an unofficial way at least.

Polls end on July 4th. (USA independance day, so many people will not be around that day, they will be out celebrating the birth of their nation by blowing up a small part of it with fireworks, at least I know I will be ).

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 1, 2003, 09:23   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 22:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
CHAT TIME WILL BE: Sunday July 6, 1000 GMT (Sun July 6 0600 EDT)

Ministers, see you there, prepare well.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; July 4, 2003 at 14:34.
Old July 1, 2003, 16:49   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Anyone familiar with my prior administrations are familiar with this, those who are new, please post your orders and add[*] exactly as seen there before each order, thanks. Example:
Quote:

Year 775:[*]Move worker A SW, W, begin mine[*]Move worker B N, NW, Irrigate[*]Change City A to spear[*]Change City B to sword[*]etc

year 750...[*]repeat, etc
(Im not entirely sure, what are the #yrs/turn right now?)

775BC

FAM Orders:
DM Orders:
  1. Cancel Reykjavick worker order's
  2. Pop Rush OPD's Lunch Temple
  3. Move OPD's Lunch NE, Clear Forest
  4. Move Reykjavick's worker NE, irrigate

SMC Orders:
750BC

FAM Orders:
DM Orders:
  1. Trondheim build Temple
  2. Dejon MoD worker Move E, Road and Mine mountain
  3. Kovenhaven build Spearmen

SMC Orders:

725BC

FAM Orders:
DM Orders:
  1. Larvick build temple

SMC Orders:

700BC

FAM Orders:
DM Orders:
SMC Orders:

675BC

FAM Orders:
DM Orders:
SMC Orders:

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; July 4, 2003 at 22:45.
Old July 3, 2003, 10:50   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Unortho -

My orders for this first chat will not be able to follow your format. I will do my best to make them fit. However, as we are not at war, my troops primary purpose is to keep the population in place and to position themselves for the upcomming Iroc annexation. I will be doing detailed orders adn reguest from DM either friday or saturday.

One thing that will happen soon is I will pillage the iron - Is anybody good at figuring out culture flip issues. I would hate to have our road to our capitol cut and cause OPD to flip back to the otto's.

--Con
Old July 3, 2003, 11:44   #5
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Culture flipping is not my expertise, I can't find anything on it for PTW either, don't know what, if anything, was changed. I'll keep looking, though.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 3, 2003, 16:37   #6
GodKing
Emperor

Thanks. I could not find anything either. I know that if we have a road connected to our capitol that the chances decrease, but by how much I don't know. I can wait until we get a new road south of the iron and then pillage it, and we need the extra spearmen anyways, but I would prefer to just pump out 20+ warriors real quick. The longer our army takes to march, the more time the Iroq have to prepair....

--Con
Old July 3, 2003, 17:19   #7
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 21:46
Well I would really like to know what the Ottoman capitol is building and when it will be done. I dont know if OPD's lunch will flip. But in case we should keep it to building the temple. What did you need to ask the DM for?
*claps*
Old July 3, 2003, 17:25   #8
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 06:46
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
Well I would really like to know what the Ottoman capitol is building and when it will be done. I dont know if OPD's lunch will flip. But in case we should keep it to building the temple. What did you need to ask the DM for?
*claps*

hi ,

get out your whip and rush it , ......

just two small dollar cents

have a nice day
Old July 3, 2003, 18:53   #9
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:46
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
I would hate to have our road to our capitol cut and cause OPD to flip back to the otto's.

I don't want to be an Ottoman.

pasted from another thread

Chance of flip = ({[(# of foreign nationals, resistors count double)+(# of square in radii under foreign control)] * [2 if more culture in city by foreign civ, otherwise 1] * [2 if in civil disorder, 1/2 if in WLTK day, otherwise one] * [(Foreign civ total culture)/(Your civ total culture)]} - {1 per garrisoning military unit}) * / (Capitol distance factor {500 to 8000, average 2000})

this was true for non PTW civ and I think flipping is less likely in PTW

I'm pretty sure that having a road to capital plays a part in Capital distance factor. Otherwise it is worked out with an adjacent move being worth 1 and a diagonal move being worth 1.5 taking the shortest route.
Old July 3, 2003, 20:22   #10
Tassadar500
Emperor

Panag if we Pop Rush OPD's Lunch will turn into a size 1. And I dont think that would help us much.
Old July 4, 2003, 14:15   #11
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

On the contrary, it would begin producing culture quicker. There is also a chance the citizen chosen to be 'killed' would be foreign, thus lowering the number of foreign nationals as well, further lowering the chance of a flip...

Also, Pop rushing temples has 0 effect on relative happiness. (it is already making that citizen content that would otherwise be angry at the pop rush.)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 4, 2003, 15:41   #12
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
On the contrary, it would begin producing culture quicker. There is also a chance the citizen chosen to be 'killed' would be foreign, thus lowering the number of foreign nationals as well, further lowering the chance of a flip...
The only problem with that is that pop-rushing (along with building workers and settlers) takes the newest pop first IIRC. So all that would be left is the original Ottoman citizen.
Old July 4, 2003, 17:20   #13
Tassadar500
Emperor

Which was exactly my point. We cant be left with 1 Ottoman citizen.
Old July 4, 2003, 17:49   #14
Tassadar500
Emperor

775[*] Cancel Reykjavick worker order's[*] Pop Rush OPD's Lunch Temple[*] Move OPD's Lunch NE, Clear Forest[*] Move Reykjavick's worker NE, irrigate
750[*] Trondheim build Temple[*] Dejon MoD worker Move E, Road and Mine mountain[*] Kovenhaven build Spearmen
725[*] Larvick build temple
This is just a rough outline. Since I will be at the chat I will discuss more there.
Old July 4, 2003, 22:51   #15
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

NM,

Why are we cancelling the worker order?

Why not let it finish first? In any case, we wont be able to move until 750 if we cancel.

Also, if that is the cow you are looking to irrigate, I don't believe we can get 4 food out of that until we are out from under despotism. I could be wrong, but that is what I remember, since the cow is already on a grass and producing 3 food. better to leave it as a mine at least for the next 30 turns or so until we are into monarchy.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 4, 2003, 23:16   #16
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Also, if that is the cow you are looking to irrigate, I don't believe we can get 4 food out of that until we are out from under despotism. I could be wrong, but that is what I remember, since the cow is already on a grass and producing 3 food. better to leave it as a mine at least for the next 30 turns or so until we are into monarchy.
Irrigated grassland cows do produce 4 food in despotism. I just ran a quick test and took a screenshot to verify for everyone.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	49116  
Old July 4, 2003, 23:35   #17
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Just took a look at OPD's Lunch and it is only size 2. There is no way it can pop rush a temple this turn with more than 20 shields still needed to build it.

Also...you can cancel a worker's orders and move it to a new tile and start a new order provided that there is a road both where he is and where he is moving too, and doesn't use up his movement points getting there. In NM's case of moving one tile, it is viable to do.
Old July 4, 2003, 23:49   #18
Tassadar500
Emperor

OK forget the cancel orders and just continue my orders when the worker is finished. I still want to irrigate the cow. It would be great to have Reykjavick a size 4 city. However I need the SMC for something. If we put units into OPD's Lunch it will have a less chance of culture flipping. Which means that we wouldnt need to pop rush the temple. So can I get SMC approval on this?
Old July 5, 2003, 06:02   #19
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
Just took a look at OPD's Lunch and it is only size 2. There is no way it can pop rush a temple this turn with more than 20 shields still needed to build it.

Also...you can cancel a worker's orders and move it to a new tile and start a new order provided that there is a road both where he is and where he is moving too, and doesn't use up his movement points getting there. In NM's case of moving one tile, it is viable to do.
Guess I should just stick with doing what I'm told like a good president and not try to question orders then.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 5, 2003, 12:10   #20
GodKing
Emperor

Order Odin and Thor to GoTo Hunting Camp
Beta, Dog Archer (in Warriors Luck) to GoTo Hunting Camp
Archer 5 to maintain position over the iron, and pillage once an alternate route is created connecting OPD’s Lunch to out capitol city.

General War Plans:

All archers except the two elites in Bergin are to report to Hunting Camp.
All swords (except 2) are to report to Trond.

Once the iron is pillaged, all cities with barracks are requested to start construction of warriors. I am requesting approximately 30 warriors (of which, only 20 or so shall be upgraded at this time). Until the iron is pillaged, I request all cities to start production of spearmen.

All cities shall have one spear and one warrior as garrison, or if not enough spears are available, all interior cities (no chance of having an enemy strike on the first couple of turns) shall have 2 warriors and the outer cities 1 or 2 spears and the balance filled in with warriors. In order to keep production in size 3 cities, we need two defensive units. I will strip cities less then size 3 as appropriate, so plan accordingly. I have no plans of fortifying cities that are culture flip risks (such as OPD’s Lunch) at this time beyond the 2 units, as we need as many units to march north.

Odin’s wall (the mountains to the east of our capitol) shall have spearmen and/or warriors guarding them to prevent unwanted intrusion of our lands.

The problem I foresee with this plan is that we will be loosing quite a bit of money per turn in upkeep until we get some more cities. Please advise if this appears to be too great a burden and is unworkable. As we are currently at +26, I don’t think it will be.

Objectives of the attack – we wish to neutralize (or at least severely damage) the Iroq holdings and to get a luxury for ourselves. We shall take the following cities – Centrala, Oil Springs, St. Regis, Allegheny and Niagara Falls (our primary objective). Depending on our remaining forces, we shall attempt to either continue the war or shall make peace for as many as possible cities to the West of Niagara Falls. (I would prefer to take out the Ottomans at this point and then finish off the Iroq later).

The plan of attack - All archers except two elites are to report to Hunting Camp as garrison units are created and can replace them. A stack consisting of all archers, 2 swords and 4 spears (two spears and 2 warriors may suffice instead of 4 spears – it is nice to have wants so I list my wants and will deal with actualities as they arrive) will march east and take the city of Centrala. Then, leaving two defenders the remaining units shall march on Oil Springs.
The two scouts, Odin and Thor, shall be stationed in this western front and shall looking for enemy workers and settlers that may be worth diverting the Western Army to take (we need slaves) as well as for a possible counterattack.

On the east, two armies will form, each with an elite archer (to try and get a GL as opportunity arrises), 8-10 swords, and as many spare spears as possible. They one will march due north and take St. Regis. The second will march along the mountains and take Allegheny. The St Regis force (Army Central) will march due north to reinforce Army West and take on any counterattacks directly.

Army East shall march to take Allegheny, and then after leaving appropriate defenders, march north to take Niagara Falls. At this point we will be approximately 15 turns into the start of the war, and can make peace on our terms. Once war begins, our cities should be focusing on producing defensive units to backfill our lands, allowing the existing warrior garrisons to be upgraded and called up from reserves to replace losses.

Next: Ottomans and their horses!

--Con
Old July 5, 2003, 16:00   #21
Tassadar500
Emperor

Ok GK. Sounds fine. But I dont know if ALL of the cities could produce spearmen. Alot of them are. But one or two are building workers. These are my NEW orders.
775[*] Cancel Reykjavick worker order's[*] Pop Rush OPD's Lunch Temple[*] Move OPD's Lunch worker NE, Clear Forest[*] Move Reykjavick's worker NE, irrigate
750[*] Trondheim build Temple[*] Dejon MoD worker Move E, Road and Mine mountain[*]OPD's Lunch build Spearmen
725[*] Larvick build Spearmen[*] Bergen build temple