Old July 1, 2003, 04:55   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 04:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Whats this disorder? Part 2
Without sleeping medications, it takes 24 hours (!!!) for me to fall asleep. I wake up at 7 AM....And then if I dont get my meds (or for some reason they refuse to work), then I'll go to sleep at 7 AM.
if I do stay up for 24 hours, my sleep is usually very restless with me waking up several times during the night/day and then (of course) i'm tired the next day.

What sleeping disorder is this? I don't think it's insomnia, because 24 hours is just too long, it has to be something bigger than this.

They've tested my blood....And everything is fine. They don't know what it is, and neither do I. Maybe you might
Old July 1, 2003, 04:57   #2
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Oddly enough, Zyprexa 3.75 mg or so might be in order

Does this come around during Spring and Summer?
Old July 1, 2003, 05:00   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka
Oddly enough, Zyprexa 3.75 mg or so might be in order
I take it, and then my hand begins to shake

Does this come around during Spring and Summer? [/QUOTE]

Prime Months:

December, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August

Peaceful Months:

September, October, November, December
Old July 1, 2003, 05:03   #4
Zylka
King

I don't have a clue, and am obviously not even NEAR qualified to give a stable opinion! What's your celexa dose, 40mg? Serequel might be an optional replacement for Zyprexa, but that is a NASTY med for some.

This is not something sleeping pills wil fix - I do recommed a gram or two of tryptophen a few hours before desired bedtime though. It's really a supplement more than anything (helpful in reproducing seretonin), and I don't *think* you need a prescription for it in the States. Does a lot for some people in regulating sleep, without drowsiness
Old July 1, 2003, 05:07   #5
Nubclear

Quote:
I don't have a clue, and am obviously not even NEAR qualified to give a stable opinion! What's your celexa dose, 40mg? Serequel might be an optional replacement for Zyprexa, but that is a NASTY med for some.
40 MG CELEXA
25 MG SERAQUIL
25 MG PAXIL
6 MG MELATONIN Whehter I take it or not, it has no effect at all.
Old July 1, 2003, 05:10   #6
geeslaka
Prince

Local Time: 21:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Life is nothing but a dream. And you are extremely unwilling to return to the real world.
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.
Old July 1, 2003, 05:12   #7
Zylka
King

That's quite a cocktail they're brewing you there. I see absolutely no reason for TWO different SSRI's mixed, unless they're tapering you off one and introducing a replacement?

Melatonin... is that not more related to structuring cycle rather than onset of sleep? Well... I'd say you should ask your doctor about two grams of tryptophen, and transfer to one or the other of the anti depressants. I mean having two of them interacting on you must be putting something out of whack and keeping you up so long
Old July 1, 2003, 05:13   #8
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 06:52
you guys are truly sick... all the anti depressants, sleeping pills and so on... sick!!
Old July 1, 2003, 05:13   #9
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Ecthelion
you guys are truly sick... all the anti depressants, sleeping pills and so on... sick!!
We have more fun
Old July 1, 2003, 05:15   #10
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

they're the aliens I WAS talking about!

- Paul Valery
Old July 1, 2003, 05:15   #11
Zylka
King

Oh and Tass... one thing I've found miraculous in getting sleep back in order (ironic as I post at quarter past 3 am) - is sunlight. When you're up in the morning - before noon, spend A FEW HOURS in the sun if possible, just hanging out. Do this on a routine basis, according to what you can afford. Sunlight in the morning sets off a chemical motion that will have you sleepy at appropriate times. Light is a huge variable in sleep cycles
Old July 1, 2003, 05:16   #12
Zylka
King

Ecth will be joining us shortly, Tass. As with all pre pill poppers, he's a little shy to the idea of prozac culture
Old July 1, 2003, 05:16   #13
Nubclear

Quote:
Oh and Tass... one thing I've found miraculous in getting sleep back in order (ironic as I post at quarter past 3 am) - is sunlight. When you're up in the morning - before noon, spend A FEW HOURS in the sun if possible, just hanging out. Do this on a routine basis, according to what you can afford. Sunlight in the morning sets off a chemical motion that will have you sleepy at appropriate times. Light is a huge variable in sleep cycles
Ill try it.

*Just took his sleeping pill. Goodnight, Poly...*
Old July 1, 2003, 05:17   #14
Ecthy
Emperor

zylka

I don't get tired automatically with sunlight fading away anymore, as kids and stone age people do/did. but as soon as it gets early in the morning and the sun comes out and the birds start to sing, I begin to feel sleepy despite being alright until 30 minutes before. us civilized guys just have a ****ed up sensitivity to natural light.
Old July 1, 2003, 05:18   #15
Ecthy
Emperor

the to sunlight statement, not too "I'm prozac man zylka" statement
Old July 1, 2003, 08:22   #16
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 05:52
Maybe you you should try shovelling sh1t for 12 hours a day? If you are not tired, you won't sleep.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old July 1, 2003, 08:38   #17
Proteus_MST
King

Not exactly, it is not the exercise which gets you tired, but the rise in Body Temperature which lets your desire to sleep rise.

But as your Body Temperature rises with Exercises, a lot of sports could really be helpful

btw.
normally there is nothing wrong with few sleep as each person has individual differences of the hours they sleep.
Try reading the Chapter "Sleep" in Carlson: "Physiology of Behavior". It covers the underlying basic principles.
There is also a case mentioned of a woman which had just 1.5 h of sleep per day and had no Problems with it (she always wodnered why other people waste so much time with sleeping )
Old July 1, 2003, 08:41   #18
Ecthy
Emperor

Proteus, is there anyone in Germany who takes such medication?

oder läuft das nur bei den Angelsachsen so extrem? müssen die Auswirkungen des Turbokapitalismus sein
Old July 1, 2003, 08:45   #19
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

tassadar, i have the same problem. i attribute it to

a. lack of light
b. lack of execercise
c. slight depression
d. slight OCD
Old July 1, 2003, 08:47   #20
Ecthy
Emperor

what is OCD?
Old July 1, 2003, 08:48   #21
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

obsessive compulsive disorder
Old July 1, 2003, 08:51   #22
Ecthy
Emperor

what does it mean?

and what is a slight depression? depression can never be slight. and if it is, it's not a depression.

that line must be signature worthy.
Old July 1, 2003, 09:41   #23
Proteus_MST
King

Quote:
Proteus, is there anyone in Germany who takes such medication?
I think there will be some Docs around who prescribe you any pill you like, if you just ask them kindly
Of course not the kind of Doc you should visit if you´ve got some really illnesses

Quote:
oder läuft das nur bei den Angelsachsen so extrem? müssen die Auswirkungen des Turbokapitalismus sein

"Turbokapitalismus"
Das sollte man glatt als neues Krankheitssyndrom in die Liste der psychischen Erkrankungen aufnehmen
Leichte Schlafstörungen als Folge von "Nicht abschalten Können" die dank darauf erfolgter übermäßiger Medikation mit Schlafmitteln plötzlich zu gravierenden Schlafproblemen anwachsen
Old July 1, 2003, 10:27   #24
Brundlefly
Prince

Local Time: 00:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

40 MG CELEXA
25 MG SERAQUIL
25 MG PAXIL
6 MG MELATONIN Whehter I take it or not, it has no effect at all.
Don't be concerned about "What disorder do I have?" It's irrelevant. Why do you need to know - so you can introduce yourself properly as a sick person? Stop thinking of yourself as sick. You are not sick. We all have problems in life to deal with. You are no different than anyone else.

Doctors will be more than happy to use you as a guinea pig for the latest depression drug or to try out combinations of drugs on you. I've been through that and let me tell you something. I did not truly get over my depression until I gave up these drugs all together and took responsibility for my life and my depression. I started eating right and excercising frequently. I forced myself to have a positive frame of mind. I've never felt better. Celexa. Paxil. No wonder you are walking around like a zombie. These drugs keep your head in a cloud and prevent you from dealing with your pain. To truly get better you have to have the courage to feel your pain and deal with it.

Good luck. Hope this advice works for you.
Old July 1, 2003, 10:49   #25
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 23:52

I was going to say, ask Z.
Of course, ever ready to help, he was right there.
Old July 1, 2003, 11:10   #26
MattH
King

Try upgrading your drivers, and patching your body. If that doesn't help, try a reinstall.
Old July 1, 2003, 11:10   #27
MattH
King

Oops, wrong forum
Old July 1, 2003, 13:02   #28
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

We have more fun
20mg Fluoxetine
10mg Propranolol

Drugs are cool
Old July 1, 2003, 13:04   #29
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Feephi

Don't be concerned about "What disorder do I have?" It's irrelevant. Why do you need to know - so you can introduce yourself properly as a sick person? Stop thinking of yourself as sick. You are not sick. We all have problems in life to deal with. You are no different than anyone else.

Doctors will be more than happy to use you as a guinea pig for the latest depression drug or to try out combinations of drugs on you. I've been through that and let me tell you something. I did not truly get over my depression until I gave up these drugs all together and took responsibility for my life and my depression. I started eating right and excercising frequently. I forced myself to have a positive frame of mind. I've never felt better. Celexa. Paxil. No wonder you are walking around like a zombie. These drugs keep your head in a cloud and prevent you from dealing with your pain. To truly get better you have to have the courage to feel your pain and deal with it.

Good luck. Hope this advice works for you.
I disagree, in this artificial world we have great strains put upon us which aren't natural...antidepressants act as the great equaliser for me, and propranolol keeps my anxiety at bay. I can get on with stuff and make plans now...
Old July 1, 2003, 13:21   #30
Aivo½so
King

30mg Remeron+1mg Risperdal

Though I'm not exactly having fun

I agree with Provost about the unnatural strains bit though.

Last edited by Aivo½so; July 1, 2003 at 13:54.