View Poll Results: Which technology should we next research?
Doctrine: Flexibility 0 0%
Ethical Calculus 0 0%
Progenitor Psych 0 0%
Secrets of the Human Brain 0 0%
Nonlinear Mathematics 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 2, 2003, 11:53   #1
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 23:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Which tech should we research next?
Okay... I am still unsure as to whether science falls under the responsibility of the Internal Affairs Function, or the Second Function, so I shall post this poll for now (considering it's now our turn, and the sooner we get this up, the better).
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old July 2, 2003, 13:50   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I hope this won't be counted as playing ahead, but I have an important piece of information:
If, when the diplo window box pops up when you open the turn, you immediately accept the deal of Social Psych, you then indeed get the choice between the five techs presented above.
However when you, just like I did, immediately close the diplo window and let the deal hang for a moment, then you also have to choose which tech to research next. However, this time you get the choice between four techs. Unfortunately I don't recall which four those were, but I remember Industrial Base was amongst them. Therefore, if it's allowed, I would propose the tactic of first closing the diplo window, then choosing IndBase as our next tech, and then reopen the diplo window to accept Social Psych.

Oh yes Corellion, you are indeed authorized to poll techs. I have Social Engineering under my care.
Old July 2, 2003, 16:45   #3
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 04:57
I'm in favour of Ind Base too. That's two to 0 for any other option. When someone else agrees, I will play. I think 3 is needed personally.

My vote for the one after goes for Ind Econ too. It is a step towards Ind Auto (and crawlers ). I would favour an Ind Base, Ind Econ, Ind Auto, Doc Flex order of techs personally. What do others think? Is Non Math needed soon? I think we should beeline towards crawlers, and that gives us so much more production and growth, then we can build ships, which would be harder going for Doc Flex first IMHO.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old July 2, 2003, 16:54   #4
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Drogue mentioned impact weapons, and thus I was sold.

Nonlinear maths!
Old July 2, 2003, 16:57   #5
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I tried to talk him out of it

Corellion: Just an idea, but if you can include some info about each tech, and maybe even a little RP if you feel like it, it would be nice You don't have to of course, just an idea.

Old July 2, 2003, 17:59   #6
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Industrial base seems like the only logical choice of tech in order to gain some supply crawlers....

Impact weapons might be nice, but I'd rather have some resources to actually get some impact weapons on the line!
Old July 2, 2003, 18:12   #7
Drogue
staff

Wahey 3 is enough to play IMHO. 3 to 1 doesn't look like it will be broken, and so in the absense of any other orders, I will play and choose Ind Base

Old July 3, 2003, 02:26   #8
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 23:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Well, it's a little late, but my vote goes for Industrial Base too. I was annoyed that we didn't have the choice of that AGAIN before.

Drogue: I shall, but this morning I was in a bit of a hurry, and could only post a short message.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old July 3, 2003, 15:32   #9
Drogue
staff

Thanks. Dont worry about it, it was just an idea.