Brilliant.
Old July 6, 2003, 20:12   #32
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 01:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
ESPN has a forum? I never knew that!
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old July 6, 2003, 21:07   #33
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
ESPN has a forum? I never knew that!
Yeah.

It's mostly full of trolls though (and I mean full of in the literal sense), so I only go there to see reactions to things like this trade and such.
Old July 6, 2003, 21:45   #34
Charlemagne120
Settler

Local Time: 23:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Yes they will. I have always hated the Cowboys. But, since I moved to Texas I have rooted for them, since they ARE on every damn week.
I think you are forgetting the best damn team in Texas...the Texans....GO TEXANS!!! This year we are winning 7 games...just barely will miss the playoffs
Old July 8, 2003, 22:00   #35
cinch
Warlord

Local Time: 22:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010

R.I.P. Roman Lyashenko
Old July 8, 2003, 22:27   #36
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:02
In other Blackhawk's news...

I read today in the Daily Herald (a local Chicago Metro Area paper) that Mike Smith believes:
Quote:
"There's nobody who is going to improve our team," Smith said of those prospects at last week's camp.
from http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_sassone.asp

but then later he says, "We're looking to significantly improve our team."

YEAH MIKE THAT"S WHY YOU LET KARIYA AND SELANNE GO TO COLORADO AND DARIEN HATCHER GO TO DETROIT. YOU SUCK. I WANT YOU AND THE WIRTZ FAMILY TO DIE!
Old July 9, 2003, 00:10   #37
Drake Tungsten
Deity

This story is nothing compared to what the Lakers are about to pull off in the NBA. Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone on the same team? Unbelievable.
Old July 9, 2003, 00:14   #38
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:02
Quote:
Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone on the same team?
That would be a disaster... 4 guys who need the ball... there wouldn't be room on that bench with all the egos.
Old July 9, 2003, 00:30   #39
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
That would be a disaster... 4 guys who need the ball... there wouldn't be room on that bench with all the egos.
I don't think Payton and Malone would cause problems; they're both taking huge pay cuts to get their shot at the title, so I'm pretty sure their egos aren't out of control. Kobe and Shaq may still be having their stupid little feud, but that would still be there even without Payton and Malone. This is a genius move for the Lakers; if they end up signing Malone, the championship is theirs.
Old July 9, 2003, 10:04   #40
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
Quote:
I don't think Payton and Malone would cause problems; they're both taking huge pay cuts to get their shot at the title, so I'm pretty sure their egos aren't out of control. Kobe and Shaq may still be having their stupid little feud, but that would still be there even without Payton and Malone. This is a genius move for the Lakers; if they end up signing Malone, the championship is theirs.
It's not just about ego, its about touches. 4 stars is 3 too many. This is the cause of the Shaq/Kobe feud, the reason McGrady left Toronto, and the reason Pippen was never really happy with the Bulls.

Other things to consider - it is hard to teach old dogs new tricks. How many people think Malone and Payton will gel with the triangle offense? How well will Malone do without Stockton?
Old July 9, 2003, 10:22   #41
Jac de Molay
Prince

Local Time: 05:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
If kobe gets popped on that Criminal sexual conduct, they're gonna need all the help they can get.
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.