Old July 7, 2003, 14:40   #91
Sandman
King

Local Time: 06:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Me too - I'm halfway through the third time too, and it's IMPOSSIBLE to progress without mastering non-diving bullet time. I've especially found it useful with handling the bosses. Nothing like going dual ingrams, slowly walking up to them while getting dozens of headshots in...
Yeah, that's how I got past Frankie the Bat and that Russian guy. Dual berettas are alright for this as well.

Quote:
Also, you REALLY learn to use all the weapons. I can't believe how dumb I was to totally ignore the pumpaction shotgun.
Quote:
monolith: Shotguns get important. your other guns sometimes run out of ammo. it covers your ass then.
I used the pump-action shotgun quite a lot the first time, but I used the sawn-off much more in the second time (two shots per bullet-time dive), and for the third time, I hardly used either shotgun variant at all, just as a last resort. They're too unreliable, and the reloading is usually killer. I much prefer to go for headshots with my trusty desert eagle.

For power and accuracy, NOTHING beats the sniper rifle, fired from the hip.
Old July 7, 2003, 16:31   #92
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 21:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
I am a world class Tekken player (or at least I used to be, my skills were unrivalled at Tekken3 and Tekken Tag). I had actually considered going to the World Championships is Cali several years ago, but due to a complete lack of cash, and an overall disdain for the types of people that go to those things, I didn't. I know I wouldn't have won, but I could have beat a good amount of the people there.

I am very good at all FPS games, although I have played people that are better so I'm definately not the best. Right now I play Wolfenstein, Enemy Territory a lot and I usually end the campaign outscoring everyone including any clan members that may be playing, so I figure I'm pretty decent.

I am the greatest Crash Team Racing player to ever live. BTW, I realize that Mario Kart is one of the best arcade style racers ever, and CTR is much better. It's an old Playstation game and if you haven't played it you need to.

I find it funny that Vel didn't mention SMAC on his list, he wrote a freakin' guide for it that got published. I could take him though .

I used to be pretty damn good at Mortal Kombat 2, also.
Old July 7, 2003, 16:37   #93
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 01:03
"I much prefer to go for headshots with my trusty desert eagle."

That's my downfall. It's so hard to do that! When it works, it works well though.

And once you have the colt commando, well, your only real worry is the amount of ammo you have for it...
Albert Speer
Old July 7, 2003, 17:09   #94
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 05:03
Yeah....can't believe I forgot that one....chalk it up to a too-good Fourth of July celebration?

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old July 7, 2003, 17:29   #95
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 05:03
I own at Baldur's Gate, both I and II. I've completed both in various ways, playing to win, RPing properly, playing in a 'fun' style (ie. picking a chaotic neutral character and RPing, a great game), solo with various characters, in strange type groops, like all thieves, or all mages, etc. I love that game so much. I've played a few MP fights, and have a 100% record (mostly against my bro and cousin though).

I think the CN RP was the hardest though. It's hard with one character, but you get used to it, and it has advantages, but with the CN it said about betting everything on the role of a dice, so i started doing that at times, such as role a dice if I were to kill Avalon (the Silver Dragon). The only thing I found that hard solo was killing Firkraag (the Red Dragon) as I did it relatively early, being a Paladin, and wanted the Holy Avenger.

I'm pretty good at SMAC/X, and used to rule at Civ I, but it's not like I have a 100% record. I'm good, but there are people on here who could beat me.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old July 7, 2003, 17:45   #96
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 07:03
BG1 and 2 were great games, but unfortunately i'm no gooad at it

them *****es confuse all my characters so I end up killing myself in nearly every fight involving wizards, umber hulks or whatever really
Old July 7, 2003, 19:33   #97
Sikander
King

Local Time: 22:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
Railroad Tycoon is one of the few games I totally own. I can win consistently with 100% difficulty level.
I made President of the U.S. in 4 years playing RR Tycoon. It's one of the games I'm good at, though I haven't played it in several years. I'm also good at Monopoly and Risk, with a 16 and 14 game winning streak (4 players min) in each game respectively. I used to be good at Diplomacy, and took 7th place in the tournament at Origins '77 (out of 249 contestants) when I was 16. I was also a good Squad Leader player, and very solid at Third Reich. I'm also a very good Poker player, and it helped me pay my way through school. I ran a game for about 3 years in college. I've had success at most games (but not all, I stink at Chess) that I have played, but these are all games that I have played enough of to have developed a reliable record.
Old July 7, 2003, 19:40   #98
Sikander
King

Local Time: 22:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
Defender of the Crown. Once I mastered swordfighting there's no stopping me. MUHAHAHAHA!
Ah yes. I got a pirated copy of this many years ago. It took me a long time to figure out how to make the catapult work. Once I did there was no stopping me. I never got the swordfighting down, and was mediocre at best at jousting. But I could win the game militairily every time. I preferred playing Wolfric the Wild, as he made my slim jousting skills competitive.
Old July 8, 2003, 16:28   #99
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 01:03
y'all are invited to take this to "other games"

The man who who would be king.