Old July 4, 2003, 02:47   #1
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Art of PBEM's: Code's of Conduct
I'm concerned about the way that the last few turns have went around. There have been major communication breakdowns, and from what I can tell, no one is on the same page as far as how saves should be handled and passed on. I am submitting how the saves should be handled from here on out.

First, a few pointers and tips:

1) If you have any PBEM's going on you should create folders specifically for those games in the "saves" folder for the game. You should have one folder for each PBEM you are involved in. This keeps things organized. You should put all games recieved and save all games played in that folder for a specific PBEM game.

2) All save games should be named following a convention. For instance I name the saves I send to Monty Pyton "To Python 3800 BC.sav" This format should be followed by everyone. MAST has sent me save games with the name of the file being different each and every time so far. I know you are trying to role play you part, but it shouldn't go towards the name of the games files. You can have 8 different people playing the save but each one should name the file that they send on in the same manner.

This game has bugs in it. If someone loads the wrong save game or sends the wrong save game and someone loads it, then they could get a peak at astuff they should not be peaking at. Having a naming convention as above prevents that from happening.

3) Each team should have a "Topped" thread that includes the password for their game save file and the email addresses of who the game gets sent on to. Each team should have at least two players who can play the turn on a regular basis; more would be nice.

4) There are two threads for dealing with the save game. One is for general comments, the other is ONLY for reporting that the save was sent on. Please use them that way. I hope that a Mod, like Ming, reads this and can Top those two threads for us. ( ) Thanks.

5) If a team cannot play a turn in a reasonable amount of time, please post when your team will be able to play it so that the team after you can plan accordingly. That's just courtesey.

6) If a team posts that they have sent the trun and you did not get it, please send them an email, a PM and post in the turn thread that you did not get it. Send these things to every member on that team that plays the turn for them. This is a much faster way than just posting in the turn thread that you do not have it. Also, if you send the game on, please double and triple check you email program to make sure that you in fact sent it. People sometimes forget to hit "send" or they forget to attach the actual file, or they attach the wrong file. If you get into a habit of checking yourself after you sent it we can keep this moving along a lot faster.

I hope this doesn't sound condescending toward anyone, I just want to make this experience as nice as possible for everyone.

Keep on Civ'n
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2003, 03:16   #2
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 06:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Re: The Art of PBEM's: Code's of Conduct
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
2) .... MAST has sent me save games with the name of the file being different each and every time so far.
Are we the smartest team or what

Quote:
You can have 8 different people playing the save but....
HEY!! That's not funny!! You know very well we don't have that many members

Anyway, point taken, I guess. I'll copy this thread onto our private forum.

Did I mention that this IS my first PBEM-game?
Old July 4, 2003, 04:11   #3
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

No problem Bongo, I just want everyone to be aware of what the conventions are/should be.

The main goal is to keep the game fun and enjoyable.

Have a nice Sunshine day!
Old July 4, 2003, 07:34   #4
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 01:03
Big Free- agreed.

So much so I brought some dung for everyone.
Old July 4, 2003, 12:27   #5
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:03
Re: The Art of PBEM's: Code's of Conduct
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
MAST has sent me save games with the name of the file being different each and every time so far.
Please....

You don't seriously expect anyone to believe your blatant lies. I find it sad that the hippies are so bitter towards mast, over the shocking lead we have taken in the score chart no doubt, that they would resort to such childish propaganda. In response to your attempt to impose your western ideals on us we will now be sending the save in the form

Screw_you_****bc.SAV

With **** representing a random number between 1 and 4000, any number as long as it is not the current years number.

JK

how about

PTWDG2_to_Sunshine_3750bc.SAV
OPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2003, 13:58   #6
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 01:03
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2003, 17:04   #7
BigFree
Deity

HAHA!! That was a great post OPD!

And, yes, that would be fine.
Old July 4, 2003, 19:38   #8
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

The great Mohammed al-sahaf team are currently working on a new naming standard that will be easy to use, easy to understand(very important!!!!!) and not offensive. Not at all

DIE INFIDELS
Old July 5, 2003, 00:04   #9
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
DIE INFIDELS
So it looks like the team that doesn't exist has it in for the hippies. Good info to know in advance. Now we can plan all our resources around these two taking each other out.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2003, 14:25   #10
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 23:03
ADMINISTRATORMAN TO THE RESCUE!
Old July 15, 2003, 03:37   #11
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 23:03
Re: Re: The Art of PBEM's: Code's of Conduct
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

Screw_you_****bc.SAV

With **** representing a random number between 1 and 4000, any number as long as it is not the current years number.

that's the funniest thing I've heard in days... MAST rules!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2003, 04:43   #12
bongo
lifer
Emperor

It will please you to know that any city built by the Latin Lovers will be renamed after various veneric diseases when we capture them.

Cities that choose to culture flip(which is much more likely thinking of how peaceful and enlightened we are) will be named after synonyms for the male reproductive organ.

Yours sincerely

Bongo
Temporary Minister of Naming
Team Mohammed al-Sahaf. The greatest team ever.
Old July 15, 2003, 05:46   #13
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

Local Time: 07:03
I can speak by Shivik, our Minister of Naming, (named by us as "Subhuevote de Piropos") and say that, When you see our cities you will not want to change their names...

An example of which our first city will be:
It will be called Laetitia
http://central.masterzen.net/index.p...topic=514&st=0

Last edited by Niessuh; July 15, 2003 at 05:57.
Niessuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2003, 06:04   #14
BigFree
Deity

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Can nobody read?

Please use the naming conventions as above. I realize that ther are different people playing the save all the time for each team, that's fine. But you must be able to all name it in the same fashion. Is that to much to ask? It will save many delays in this game if we all adhere to the naming convention.