Old July 8, 2003, 21:11   #181
geeslaka
Prince

Local Time: 22:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
st_swithin: Use one of the ultra special themes. With those the popup is only supposed to appear every twelve hours.
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.
Old July 9, 2003, 09:10   #182
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 00:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Went to Tucker High School and Chamblee High School. There are a couple of posters here familiar with CHS, but none from Tucker, iirc.
johnt: i had a few friends go through tucker.
Old July 9, 2003, 09:13   #183
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 01:09
Really? What year?
Old July 9, 2003, 09:18   #184
Q Classic
Emperor

same year as victor galis and i finished chamblee: 2001.
Old July 9, 2003, 10:31   #185
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 02:09
Quote:
Originally posted by st_swithin
Alex, you must be alanis morrisette in disguise, because you don't understand anything about being ironic.

Quote:
Originally posted by st_swithin
Alex, give only what you expect to receive. If you want anonymous, mindless chatter, and you don't want to go to the local singles bar, I'm sure the Britney Spears site has lots of forums you can post to.
I promise that I'll never try to be ironic again.
Old July 9, 2003, 14:08   #186
Buck Birdseed
Emperor

Local Time: 05:09
Quote:
Originally posted by Albert Speer
alright but whats the plus sign for? and why's there a number in parenthesis (area code?)... and whats with the spaces between 29 45 and 75?
Right, this is how it works. Every country in the world has a country code that you need to key in to reach that country. Sweden's is 46. However, different countries have different prefixes you need to dial to get an international line in the first place- usually "00" but sometimes other things (check your phonebook). Since this is different from country to country a plus sign is often substituted so that it becomes universal.

Once you've typed the international codes you're "in that country" so to speak but then another complication arises- many countries require you to drop intial zeroes, ones and eights from area codes, for some unfathomable reason. My area code is 08, so what I really should have written was +46 (0)8, my mistake.

The spaces are just to break up the number into nicely fathomable units, I believe you use the dash in the US for a similar purpose.

So if you wanted to call me from america you'd dial 011468294575, where "011" is the international direct dialing prefix of the US, "46" is Sweden's country code, "8" is my area code without the initial zero (since Sweden has the weird "zero-dropping" convention), and "294575" is my phone number without the easier-to-read spaces.
Old July 9, 2003, 14:12   #187
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 08:09
You didn't have to write (0)8. In international dialing, if one has to dial it when one phones into your country, then you write 0, otherwise, ignore it.

Overall, you're correct, tho.
Old July 9, 2003, 14:43   #188
Aivo½so
King

Local Time: 06:09
Let's all call Buck Birdseed
Old July 9, 2003, 15:09   #189
Q Classic
Emperor

call him collect.
Old July 10, 2003, 17:04   #190
Elok
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:09
Oh, and I'm Orthodox Christian, in case anybody who doesn't know that about me bothered to read my post back on page 2 and noticed the lack of a religion stat.
I think I'm one of like, two people on this board who are Orthodox, so I should probably shout out to mah homeys or whatever. Three, if you include Sava for some reason, though I don't see why you should....
"May I be forgiven for the ills that I have done/Friends I have forsaken and strangers I have shunned/Sins I have committed, for which others had to pay/And I haven't met the whiskey that can wash those stains away."
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old July 10, 2003, 17:43   #191
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Birth name: Ronnie Christopher Sharpe
First Adopted Name: Christopher David Schaeffer
Second Adopted Name: Christopher David Hartpence

Age 34….35 as of Sept 22, this year
Height 6’6” (I have no idea how tall that is in the weeniemetric system)
Weight: 275lbs

Bloodline/Appearance: Celtic, through and through

Religion: Baptized Lutheran, went to a Catholic High School….that was enough religion for one lifetime, thanyouverymuch!

Family was dirt poor and widely scattered. I have four half sisters and two half brothers that I know about…and prolly several others that I am unaware of. I am the oldest of my mother’s children, though since my parents have each been married and divorced multiple times, I can’t say with any degree of certainty that I’m the oldest child in the family….I’m….the oldest one I know of?

Education: On the extended college plan….took 7 years to get a four year degree thanks to marriage, divorce, and an 18 month “drive.” Finally got my act together and got a 4-year degree in Economics with a minor in Philosophy.

Grew up in a variety of small towns in the American Midwest (Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma), returned to my roots (South Carolina) when I started High School, and despite numerous trips out of the state of my birth, I always seem to return here when the wandering is done.

Strongest personality trait: Raw stubbornness, inherited from my grandfather

Most of my life has been a story of people telling me all the various reasons I can’t do something (you’re dyslexic, you’re white trash, you’re not smart enough, you don’t know what you’re talking about, etc), only to have me stubbornly try and prove them wrong. I will be the first to admit that I have seen a fair number of failures along the way (usually when my stubbornness short-circuits my brain), but have also racked up a good string of successes. On the whole, I’m happy with that.

Hobbies: Searching for the next, ex-Mrs. Hartpence, writing, playing war games (of any type but RTS), game design, raising hell and bein’ rowdy.

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old July 10, 2003, 17:52   #192
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx
Hobbies: Searching for the next ex-Mrs. Hartpence
I'll tell her you said that.