Old July 7, 2003, 19:09   #1
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 22:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
C3DG Intro Page
First off, this post is much the same as one I posted in the PTWDG, but it's specifically for this forum. So mods please don't ban me for spam.

For those of you who don't frequent the general forum, Theseus has started an effort to give more visibility to Civ3 on 'Poly (go here: http://www.apolyton.com/forums/show...&threadid=90953 ). Part of that includes introduction pages for each of the democracy games. Since the democracy games are by nature a conglmeration of many people it's my opinion that the intro pages should have the input of many people.

Also we will need people that would be good at page design to work on the intro pages.

For the C3DG intro page, my own suggestions include a team intro written by team members about what the C3DG is, as well as stories about where we are in the game, etc.

Please post thoughts you have to improve the intro page. Thanks.
Old July 8, 2003, 03:28   #2
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:15
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Sorry, your link is broken.
Old July 8, 2003, 09:50   #3
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 00:15
Here, this link to it should work...

http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...threadid=90953
Old July 8, 2003, 11:54   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Thanks guys. I'll update the other DG's with the new one too. It's funny because it worked for me yesterday when I tested it.
Old July 8, 2003, 15:27   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 01:15
Sounds like a good idea. I can write a bit, but know nothing about page making....

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 8, 2003, 15:38   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:15
Since nothing in here is secret, we could have our WM (shrunk down of course) or other graphical information on the front page. At least links to where one can find such things.

If the newspaper gets running again, I can think of no better place for such a thing, either.

Also, is Dan/Mark going for this? This all means more space...we shouldn't be designing until it is a confirmed addition they are willing to make.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 8, 2003, 15:53   #7
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Also, is Dan/Mark going for this? This all means more space...we shouldn't be designing until it is a confirmed addition they are willing to make.
I don't know yet. I'm just setting up these threads to get ideas for a DG cover page. First we need to see if there is enough interest and ideas for it to even be a viable addition before it is proposed to them. It was my feeling that if we propose all this stuff, and then it doesn't have the ideas and support from all of us then it's just a waste of their time.
Old July 8, 2003, 16:01   #8
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:15
Yes...I can see your point.

Again, I think the best format for THIS game would be something of a newspaper design. Include recent developements/stories, links to such things as a FAQ, registration, Current sav/map/report, and updated with the next chat time and location.

then again, I was thinking of making all that on my own eventually anyway (in all my 'spare' time ) so I may be biased towards the whole paper idea.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 9, 2003, 19:55   #9
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 07:15
Quote:

Again, I think the best format for THIS game would be something of a newspaper design. Include recent developements/stories, links to such things as a FAQ, registration, Current sav/map/report, and updated with the next chat time and location.

then again, I was thinking of making all that on my own eventually anyway (in all my 'spare' time ) so I may be biased towards the whole paper idea.
hi ,

, not only for this game , ....

have a nice day
Old July 10, 2003, 00:02   #10
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:

Like Panag said, a newspaper format is a good idea for all of the DG's actually. After a few days of hopefully getting more ideas in the four DG threads I'll compile it and see what's up.