View Poll Results: 'Official' Referendum: Pact with CyCon?
Yes, Pact with the CyCon 3 100.00%
No Pact with CyCon 0 0%
I'm interested in a Pact, but this proposal sucks; back to the drawing boards. 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 8, 2003, 03:57   #1
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 00:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Pact with CyCon? (so called) 'Official' Vote Here!
As advertised, here is the vote on our proposed Pact with the CyCon. As I see it, the Pact would not start out being a "Permanent" Pact-to-the-Bitter-End sort of thing (but could become that later), but would be for some minimum period of time and could be extended or ended without malice at that point. I don't have any particular conditions, but those of you who do, if you put them into this thread, we'll try to incorporate them into the ultimate deal. I suppose that we could also use that Bravenet forum here that Googs setup if we need to hash anything out with them. I plan to inform them that we have a poll going on right after I finish this post.

Just to be a little specific, let's say we agree to Pact through 2150 and renew (or not) every 25 years thereafter, i.e. 2175 ,2200, 2225, etc. The intention is to coordinate research and to trade more or less freely at 1 for 1 regardless of tech level with a minimum of untouchable techs (allowing us to withhold Doc:Flex, but not forever and not much else).

The choices are:[list=1][*]Yes, Pact with the CyCon[*]Nay, No Pact;[*]I'm interested in a Pact, but this proposal sucks, back to the drawing boards.[/list=1]
Old July 8, 2003, 08:24   #2
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 06:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well I voted yes for the pact and I think the Cuspidore has summed our position up well . I think a pact thru to 2150 for starters is about right. And then review periodically.

I also received and email from Prime Function Drogue Beta 8 extolling the virtues and necessity v other factions the Drones and PUT.
Old July 8, 2003, 10:29   #3
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Pact with CyCon? (so called) 'Official' Vote Here!
Quote:
Originally posted by johndmuller
I suppose that we could also use that Bravenet forum that Googs setup if we need to hash anything out with them.
I'll tidy up the string of messages there (each reply strings the previous posts) to make it less cluttered and more user friendly

G.