Old February 24, 2004, 14:18   #241
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 23:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
My post at the Drones Embassy

Quote:

I've got the Hive force together (9 choppers 1 penetrator 1 interceptor 4 drop infantry 3 drop probe 2 drop rover). Suggest we take Longreach and you take sunshine coast. What do you feel?

Also there are suggestion in the Hive that the Drones team and Hive team should allow members into each other's forums when the war broke up. Opinions?

Peace is sending a colony pod toward the Hive.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 24, 2004, 14:19   #242
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Buster

Quote:
Originally posted by buster
On taking two cities I think we need to postpone the final decision until we see what we are up against when we actually go.

The more cities we take the better however the far most important thing is that we undoubtedly need to be able to hold the initial cities taken. We must be absolutely certain of this.

The one thing that can cripple the whole thing is them mind controlling back a base with a huge amount of our millitary inside and then being able to use against us.

If you want to start out taking a city of your own you must ensure you bring enough defensives and defensive probes to make it absolutely secure - even against some overlooked uni probe hiding in fungus somewhere. Later it gets less vital as forces will spread out - but loosing the whole initial invasion force will be a disaster.

If we are absolutely sure it can be done safely the idea is good.

On allowing members of the other team inside I have no problem - as far as I am concerned we could do it now or then as you wish.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 24, 2004, 14:20   #243
Snowflake
Princess

Me

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I changed the one interceptor to penetrator. Our force will move into position on 2158 and will be able to start attack 2159. I think at least 60% of the entire Hive force will be at the initial attack including at least 2 probs. Are you planning attacking on your turn 2158 or 2159? Do you feel if we start the war on 2159 and you start yours on 2159 this will give CPU time to react and change productions and will harm your initial attack?

I do not want to do the combination of team just yet. I'd like to wait until the war "break out" (thanks yoda ) so CPU won't be tipped.

PEACE's colony pod turns out to be not a sea pod. That means they need to set up base at Hive land. But since we are pacted it will have problems setting the base up.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 24, 2004, 14:21   #244
Snowflake
Princess

buster

Quote:
Originally posted by buster
I believe original plan was for our turn 59. A turn sooner or later does not however matter. There is nothing they can do at this point besides wiping all cities in range that will pose any serious problem.

Main point is that when we go we go with enough. If you go first (due to turn sequence) you will face the initial retaliation alone.

They will probably have a few planes which won't be much of a problem - but they will have a bunch of probes including some on a speeder chassis.

Ideally the first strike will take a city and wipe out the probes stationed nearby in other cities.

I imagine doing something like this (assuming we go 59 our turn)

58 our turn/59 your turn - we each sent off 3-4 choppers that will end their turn hovering between droneland & uniland preferably somewhere they are unlikely to be spotted by the one or two planes uni likely by then will have patrolling.

59 our turn/60 your turn - main force takes off and wipes defense in target bases - that are then taken by drop units & probes are dropped in. Main force Choppers that take part in clearing defenders can land in the taken bases.

The choppers that were sent off the turn before attacks bases a bit further away ensuring ideally that no or only a non-worrying amount of uni probes can reach the bases just taken.

Ie we will have taken 1-2 bases and the nearby bases are cleared out but not yet taken.

60 our turn/61 your turn we take off from newly taken bases hammer their millitary (pretty much out of existense judging current numbers) and take all bases that can be taken safely (most of unis bases).

61 our turn/62 yours - mopping up if they have not already selfdestructed to deny us what is left.

When we get close I will pull out the maps and give details on uni units etc. and we can discuss where to park the "advance party" etc.

To go on 59 your turn - you will need to send off the advanceparty already next turn (58 yours). I don't know how many units are already in Freedmans park (did not see your last turn yet) so I am not sure it is realistic. Particularly as you will need to suplly the whole initial backup yourself as we will not be able to move our units to your newly taken base until Uni has had a chance to hit back at it and two probes is really pushing the danger-limit.

The safe way will be that we do as above as we then have have some fallback options. For instance we can delkay the decision on whether to take one or two bases on the first strike until your turn so that - say our (Drones) attack for some reason went much worse than expected we could opt to put all units together in one base where as if it goes very well we can even take one or two.

The main difference is the advantage it gives not to have uni move between us but after we have both moved.

In any case - by the end of your next turn (58) - you should aim to have 4 choppers in freedman for the advance party. We will suplly 4 choppers too and some interceptor cover if needed.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 24, 2004, 14:23   #245
Snowflake
Princess

Me

Quote:
I believe your plan is more prudent. I will copy your post over to the Hive and I intend to go with this plan. I would not have an interceptor as I planned because I changed it according to the Hive opinion.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 28, 2004, 18:09   #246
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 00:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I have been granted access to the Drone Embassy.

Buster has just posted a post describing his plans for the next few turns concerning the conquest of Uni.

May I discuss the Conquest of Uni with him in the Embassy?

I understand now that I have no authority to speak on the behalf of the hive.

If I am granted authority to discuss and coordinate our invasion plans with him, I will make clear to him that I am not authorized to bind the Hive to any course of action without getting the consent of the Hive beforehand.

Mead
Old February 28, 2004, 18:39   #247
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 07:19
the plan is good, no doubt.

lets go fo it!
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 28, 2004, 21:33   #248
Snowflake
Princess

Mead I believe you can discuss the war plan in the Embassy and buster should understand that unless we say official, what we say is not final.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 28, 2004, 22:33   #249
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Mead I believe you can discuss the war plan in the Embassy and buster should understand that unless we say official, what we say is not final.
Okay.

Mead
Old April 2, 2004, 12:10   #250
Snowflake
Princess

me
Quote:
Sounds like taking DBTS is important this turn. The Hive has not made up its mind whether it will go with you to carve up the CCs or if it will let you do the main part and we go attack Roze. But I reckon we will take DBTS for the strategic benefit.
buster
Quote:
As far as going after Cycon - I will leave it to you. The state of war already exists. We did not have units in range to make the drop to dbts this turn. If you are going the time to do so is now, while you can still drop in.

From the threads in the forums at Poly it seems clear that even if Hive is not yet decided to take the war to Cycon homeland they believe you will do so. With gas units coming I would advice to either go for a quick defeat of Cycon or make a peace settlement.
Me
Quote:
The Hive is decided that it will take DBTS this turn. But right now the opinion is that we will not go in further, instead we will open the Data Angel front. I will copy your message to the forum though.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 2, 2004, 12:30   #251
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 06:19
Hmmm....

Depends on the general developement of Hive-CC realtionship... If your "status of the game" speech gatheres enough sympathies from both sides, we might sign peace with CyCon. However, this would limit our chances to win the game, since the following peaceful research period might give birth to planet busters...
Old April 2, 2004, 21:13   #252
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 19:19
I say we make peace with the CyCon. It'll make this game more interesting if PB's are developed, we keep playing the democracy game, and everyone is happy.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old April 3, 2004, 00:05   #253
Snowflake
Princess

Although from what buster said (they were making gas units) sounds like they may not want peace with us.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 3, 2004, 04:23   #254
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

Quote:
Although from what buster said (they were making gas units) sounds like they may not want peace with us.
"They" meaning CyCon.

Hi.
Old April 3, 2004, 05:52   #255
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

I think the Drones were still under the impression both of our factions were heading for CyCon territory. If you stated otherwise, maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet. I will relay your desire to concentrate on the Angels. I believe I can speak for all Drones that we are truly grateful for your assistance in bringing the unethical PUT sect to justice.
Old April 3, 2004, 08:10   #256
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 06:19
Welcome Jtsisyoda!

It´s fantastic to have one of those legendary Drones over here! You know, most of our Hive children have never seen a drone, so rumors tell the adults just invented them... (like the hobgoblins )
Old April 3, 2004, 16:08   #257
Snowflake
Princess

Hi jtsisyoda! Welcome to the glorious Hive!

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 3, 2004, 16:12   #258
Snowflake
Princess

jtsisyoda at the embassy

Quote:
I've gotten the impression many in the Hive would like to attack the Angels and leave CyCon alone, and I'm curious why.

A turn or two ago, it looked like this game would end quickly. Without Hive help, this will obviously take longer. It might be more kind to end it quickly, rather than put CyCon through a steady decline. This game has been fun, but the next one can be as well... a chance to try something new, and meet new teammates. That's my take. I'd like to hear others' views.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 3, 2004, 16:47   #259
jtsisyoda
King

Thanks... you can just call me Yoda. No jokes about "little green men," please. It seems people have trouble believing I'm real as it is, so don't make it worse with a bunch of Area 51 stuff.
Old April 9, 2004, 23:39   #260
Snowflake
Princess

Me at the embassy:
Quote:
Just looked at the techs you are sending to us. I do not think we need any of the techs currently. We don't have as good a tech rate as you do so we better not increase our tech cost unecessarily.

I see you are about finish optical computer. If you are going to research AMA next then we would like to have that next. My thought is after Planetary Economics we will be doing BioEngineering and then Biomachinary.

We are sending the techs you requested to you preaccepted. So please get rid of the techs you are sending to us before you accept.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 10, 2004, 01:07   #261
jtsisyoda
King

If we alter the deal, it will undo your pre-acceptance. It will reset to "negotiating", I believe.
Old April 10, 2004, 02:14   #262
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Oh, concerning Drone stuff. Actually, I have an account at CGN because of my leadership of the Apolyton Civ3 ISDG team and our alliance with CGN in that game.

If you could ask buster to give me access to the embassy forum for this game (my logon is "Arnelos", as with here), I could help out when I'm actually available (again, sorry about that).
Old April 10, 2004, 02:21   #263
jtsisyoda
King

Done.
Old April 10, 2004, 03:28   #264
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 19:19

Whoa, a Drone! Welcome Drone jtsisyoda.

If the CyCon are actually building up a nervegas arsenal then we should just attack them and end this. Destroy the 'Borgs and tear their pathetic cities down.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old April 11, 2004, 22:05   #265
jtsisyoda
King

Arnelos, you're authorized. Pay us a visit.
Old April 12, 2004, 01:46   #266
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by jtsisyoda
Arnelos, you're authorized. Pay us a visit.
Thanks. Will do. Been rather busy this weekend with Civ3 ISDG stuff with what little time I've had (much of it spent in negotiations with CGN, actually), but hopefully I'll have more time for stuff like this in the coming week.
Old April 12, 2004, 10:57   #267
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 22:19
Welcome! Feel free to post anywhere and everywhere, we welcome and appreciate any input from the Drones (and Spam, we like Spam)