View Poll Results: What kind of Pact do we want
Full Trust Pact - maps shared, tech shared, till we win/lose together 3 75.00%
Normal Pact - we stay with them while profitable, otherwise we change to treaty. 1 25.00%
Time Limited Pact - we stick with them honourably for a certain amount of time when that time is up it's free for all again. 0 0%
Booby Trap Pact - we plan as if they will break the pact and we will be ready. 0 0%
Backstabbing Pact - bide our time. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 9, 2003, 03:44   #1
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
A more specific poll
We seem pretty bent on getting a pact. Lets try something more specific. I just want to know what the others think as I would hate to agree to something thinking that the hive will back me.

Last edited by Kody; July 9, 2003 at 03:53.
Old July 9, 2003, 09:16   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
And similar to a Time Limited pact would be a tech level pact common in PBEMs (just use the same button as for time-limited).

In this type the agreement is until a certain tech is reached, or series of techs, after which it's "every man for himself". fairly common is MMI (with an agreement as to how the 2 resulting SP's are to be split - or not split, as the case may be)

The common element is that - from the beginning - there is a known "sunset clause" that will trigger a pact re-evaluation

G.
Old July 9, 2003, 09:35   #3
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 23:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I voted full trust pact but I would like to know more from those who know buster and mongoose for a long time. What's their personalities and playing styles? We would be foolish if we blindly trust them and they turn their on us some time in the future.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 9, 2003, 09:57   #4
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

We have much to share with the drones, although my opinion may be viewed as naive.
Old July 9, 2003, 09:58   #5
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

If they don't intend to betray us in the first few turns and communications opens up. I beileve there will be signs if the pact starts to fail. Until that time we ensure we're not too vunerable and that should be enough. If we don't trust them enough the pact will be bound to fail. So if we're going for a full victory pact we need to be going in 95% certain they won't betray us. The 5% will be the common sense, so that betraying us isn't a cake walk.

Kody
Old July 9, 2003, 10:08   #6
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

As Googlie mentioned we need a well-defined contract to ensure that we don't over-step each other's bounds.