Old July 10, 2003, 01:52   #1
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Chat 14 report and save 710BC - 650BC
We got a few builds done, moved some units, etc. The real excitement was 650 BC; the Germans demanded our TM and 93 gold. We decided 3-1 to give them the finger, Master Zen dissenting (so if Apolyton is destroyed because of this, MZ has "I told you so" rights ). They declared war, but did not sign any alliances; whether they will is, of course, unknown.

Also, the Ottomans are building Sun Tzu's in Izmit, which means they have entered the Middle Ages and gotten Feudalism as their free tech. If the Iroquois also enter the Middle Ages (they still need Currency and Construction), they could potentially acquire Feudalism and we would be facing swords vs. Pikes when attacking in our upcoming war. Not good.

Here's the final save for the chat. No moves done this turn, since we may have to switch gears if our plans change.
Attached Files:

Last edited by Kloreep; July 10, 2003 at 02:02.
Old July 10, 2003, 01:59   #2
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 22:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I have laughing and fingering em rights!
Old July 10, 2003, 02:00   #3
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Log.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip chat14.710-650.zip (16.5 KB, 2 views)
Old July 10, 2003, 02:38   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:24
Some FAM stuff to decide on when I get home....

1. Do we buy everyone's maps and whore them in the hope of making a bit of money or at worst, losing about 30g?

2. Do we buy Construction and or Currency off someone (with GPT, natch) so we can try to get Feudalism off the Ottomans via trade or war? If we bought from the Ottomans not using GPT, we may be able to get the cash back when we attack (if we attack), or they may use it to sign alliances (which wouldn't harm us much).

We may also be able to whore COns and Curr to others if there are civs without these with some money.

All these questions and more to be addressed - start discussing....

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 10, 2003, 10:43   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 01:24
Should we beat germany to the punch and have someone (who is their neighbor) declair war on them?

This is the strat I am leaning towards.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 10, 2003, 12:29   #6
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Should we beat germany to the punch and have someone (who is their neighbor) declair war on them?
This is the strat I am leaning towards.
Yep, tie them up with a neighbor civ (or four ) if we have something that the neighbor civ will accept in return for going to war.

If it costs too much though then I wouldn't worry about it. Germany is too far away to cause us much trouble this early in the game. EDIT: Unless they stir up trouble and get our neighbors to ally against us.
Old July 10, 2003, 13:45   #7
Tassadar500
Emperor

GK would you mind setting up a poll for getting an ally to attack Germany?
Old July 10, 2003, 17:46   #8
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

unless Germany allies with the iro, Zulu of Celts, I wouldnt worry that much...Our much bigger concern is attacking the Iro when were ready, before the get pikes.