Old July 28, 2003, 16:18   #271
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
With hit rolls and saves? I think not Not to mention calculation of weight carried, exp for next level, skills and feats with bonuses etc. These sheets save many a DMs life.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old July 28, 2003, 16:24   #272
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 00:28
How about a giant virtual party? It's unlikely that everyone will play at once, so there should be enough thumb twiddlers to give you the half dozenish active characters you want at any given time.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old July 28, 2003, 16:25   #273
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 23:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
that is a real hassle to use, can you give any instructions?

Jon Miller
Old July 28, 2003, 16:35   #274
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Its a hassle?

Ok, if you say so, here goes. Fill in the name on the top, and YOUR name too
Then use the little arrows to get the drop-down for your class, and type the level in the box next to it.
Then fill in your stats, which will then automatically fill in half the other boxes for you.
Mark the boxes for the skills you take, and the levels of those skills in the box to the right. This will automaticall workout all the skill check rolls.
Fill in your weapons (select melee or missile with the drop down box) and armour. This will automatically calculate your AC. The description box you can type what you like, the others will only take numbers, I think.
Fill in any other equipment, feats, and spells (just a bit of typing)

How's that for starters - I allow all first level Chars to take max hit points, so put that in too at the top, and alignment.

Ta-Daa! finally put 0 (zero) in the box for XP, and we're all done, I think.

-Jam
Old July 28, 2003, 16:37   #275
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

whenever I leave a box, I get a bunch of errors and whatever was in that box disappears

Jon Miller
Old July 28, 2003, 16:39   #276
Jamski
Deity

Oh, and put my e-mail in the box on the top-left, and press save sheet. If that doesn't work, save it and send manually.

-Jam
Old July 28, 2003, 16:40   #277
Jamski
Deity

Which box?

-Jam
Old July 28, 2003, 16:40   #278
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

any box

Jon Miller
Old July 28, 2003, 16:43   #279
Jamski
Deity

eh?

It all works fine for me. You do have the latest Adobe, don't you?

Well, if you're the only exception, I can fill in your sheet for you - but only becuase I like you

-Jam
Old July 28, 2003, 17:00   #280
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I tried updating

it still didn't work afterwards

Jon Miller
Old July 28, 2003, 17:05   #281
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

The sheet works fine for me, btw .. not that I'm playing anymore. I thought I'd check it out though. It's 100 times better than any other supposed 'automated' charsheet I've ever found on the 'net. I can imagine this making the DMs job much easier.
Old July 28, 2003, 17:08   #282
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

hmm

maybe even with all that updating I wasn't all the way up to date

I will try again after this

Jon Miller
Old July 28, 2003, 17:13   #283
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

downloaded and installed right off the website

still no good

Jon Miller
Old July 28, 2003, 17:15   #284
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 00:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Its a hassle?

Ok, if you say so, here goes. Fill in the name on the top, and YOUR name too
Then use the little arrows to get the drop-down for your class, and type the level in the box next to it.
Then fill in your stats, which will then automatically fill in half the other boxes for you.
Mark the boxes for the skills you take, and the levels of those skills in the box to the right. This will automaticall workout all the skill check rolls.
Fill in your weapons (select melee or missile with the drop down box) and armour. This will automatically calculate your AC. The description box you can type what you like, the others will only take numbers, I think.
Fill in any other equipment, feats, and spells (just a bit of typing)

How's that for starters - I allow all first level Chars to take max hit points, so put that in too at the top, and alignment.

Ta-Daa! finally put 0 (zero) in the box for XP, and we're all done, I think.

-Jam
What happens when you branch out into different classes?
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old July 28, 2003, 17:15   #285
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

hmm, after updating, reinstalling, and updating it again, it appears like it might be working

Jon Miller
Old July 28, 2003, 17:28   #286
Jamski
Deity

JM : YAY!

Mad Monk : There's four boxes at the top for class and level. It will calculate the saves and attacks for multiclass chars correctly too. Simply play with it and you'll see. Put 12 levels as Mage and 8 as Fighter and look at what you get. Nice eh?

FP : Yes, it is rather lush isn't it?

-Jam
Old July 28, 2003, 19:38   #287
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 01:28
"Rags" saved and sent. Nice sheet.
Old July 28, 2003, 19:40   #288
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

mine will be saved and sent once I get a few questions answered

Jo Miller
Old July 28, 2003, 19:41   #289
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
With hit rolls and saves? I think not Not to mention calculation of weight carried, exp for next level, skills and feats with bonuses etc. These sheets save many a DMs life.

-Jam
I tried to set a good example with the characters I posted. (They had all that and even funds down to the last copper!)
Old July 28, 2003, 19:45   #290
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

mine had saves and funds down to the last copper

didn't have hit rolls, but I could have easily given them

some of our players don't know how to do that stuff, and I would recommend just makeing a character up from their idea (I am thinking Slowwhand here)

Jon Miller
Old July 28, 2003, 19:51   #291
Hot Mustard
King

I wasn't implying that our newbs were negligent or anything - quite a few put a lot together.

I was merely pointing out that a few put up everything Jam mentioned, and some went beyond the core sourcebooks.
Old July 28, 2003, 19:54   #292
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I went into the Forgotten Realms Sourcebooks

will go more into them as I level

Jon Miller
Old July 28, 2003, 21:31   #293
Sandman
King

Local Time: 06:28
Ok, sent it. It's slightly incomplete, however. My post on the character thread has rage stats worked out already, which will probably be helpful to you.
Old July 29, 2003, 07:09   #294
Jamski
Deity

Ok boys, I got the forms, but they're all corrupted and then my computer hangs.

I'll just have to do it the slow way...

-Jam
Old July 29, 2003, 07:10   #295
Jamski
Deity

So, I have Jon, Monk, dejon and Sandman showing interest so far...

-Jam
Old July 29, 2003, 07:36   #296
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Ok boys, I got the forms, but they're all corrupted and then my computer hangs.

I'll just have to do it the slow way...

-Jam
Do you have the commercial version of Adobe, wheras everyone else has the free Adobe Reader? That might explain it, but I'm certainly no expert.
Old July 29, 2003, 08:00   #297
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 22:28
i'm in too. not at home but have downloaded the form, so will complete when i get home. next to the class drop down there was one with WILL fort ref etc in it? what do i put in there?
Old July 29, 2003, 11:15   #298
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

nothing I think

unless you get a feat that gives you special bonuses, or a race, you want to just let it handle everything from what you put into the stats

whatch out when you save it, somehow I managed to just save the template and not what was in it

Jon Miller
Old July 31, 2003, 21:13   #299
Lonestar
inmate
King

There better not be any Redneck Trees.
Old July 31, 2003, 21:40   #300
MattH
King