Old July 12, 2003, 12:29   #1
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 07:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Grave News
I have a horrible message for all christians in this world. Pope Aidun I has become very ill. As you know our beloved holy father is very old, but ech time he became ill, he recovered from it, even at this age. We feel now but that such won't happen this time. Doctors from all over the world have already travelled to Santiago to heal Aidun I, but until now none of them has succeeded.

Aidun I has strongly asked that his last wish be fulfulled: that Cardinal Calamari will be his successor.

For those who want a last glimpse of the first pope, Aidun I, I urge them to travel to Santiago soon.

Another message from Aidun I that I have to bring you is that he asks Cardinal Winterius to set up a plan to spread christianity over the world.

Diego Fernandez, Chief Secretary of the Vatican.
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old July 12, 2003, 14:12   #2
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 01:34
So Grave News is not quite yet News from the Grave.
Old July 12, 2003, 15:02   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Beta! How insensitive of you.
The partying in Harry's Hideout last night must have gone to your head.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 12, 2003, 15:23   #4
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
This is very sad news indeed. I will all I can to ensure that his final wish be granted.

Cardinal Daniel de la Civ

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 12, 2003, 15:39   #5
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Beta! How insensitive of you.
The partying in Harry's Hideout last night must have gone to your head.
Indeed it did. What could I possibly have been thinking of?

My most deepest deep sympathies to The Blessed Pope and the people of Spain.

I will now do 3 Hail Mary's and consume 3 bloody mary's.
Old July 12, 2003, 16:35   #6
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
This is very sad news indeed. I will all I can to ensure that his final wish be granted.

Cardinal Daniel de la Civ
O teacher, please tell, what is the Blessed One's final wish?

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
I will now do 3 Hail Mary's and consume 3 bloody mary's.
Aha! A fellow follower of the Church of Izzard!
/me salutes.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 12, 2003, 17:12   #7
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Bah!

Papal-centric religion pshaw!

Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old July 12, 2003, 17:15   #8
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Uh... so we are all invited to Santiago, huh?
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old July 12, 2003, 18:40   #9
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
Uh... so we are all invited to Santiago, huh?
You could smell it too, couldn't you Theseus?
Old July 12, 2003, 20:46   #10
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
"Hi, we're here to see the Pope."

"Excuse me, but you don;t look very penitent... in fact, you look, hmm, very martial. What's with all the swords?"

"Uh... GIFTS! They're gifts, of course... just what the Pope needs to bring back his health. Yeah, that's the ticket."
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old July 12, 2003, 22:27   #11
Beta
lifer
Deity

A little blood-letting ... its good for one's health.... all our doctors says so... we're here to save the Pope.... yes - that's the ticket...
Old July 12, 2003, 22:58   #12
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

How could you be so insensitive! The most important religious figure in the world is on his deathbed.
Old July 13, 2003, 05:45   #13
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
How could you be so insensitive! The most important religious figure in the world is on his deathbed.
How ethnocentric of you.

- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 13, 2003, 23:26   #14
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Re: Grave News
Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
I have a horrible message for all christians in this world. Pope Aidun I has become very ill. As you know our beloved holy father is very old, but ech time he became ill, he recovered from it, even at this age. We feel now but that such won't happen this time. Doctors from all over the world have already travelled to Santiago to heal Aidun I, but until now none of them has succeeded.

Aidun I has strongly asked that his last wish be fulfulled: that Cardinal Calamari will be his successor.

For those who want a last glimpse of the first pope, Aidun I, I urge them to travel to Santiago soon.

Another message from Aidun I that I have to bring you is that he asks Cardinal Winterius to set up a plan to spread christianity over the world.

Diego Fernandez, Chief Secretary of the Vatican.

hi ,

what , sjee , lets hope everything goes better soon , .....

thats what you get for all that hard work of these last days , painting the kitchen , shopping , cooking , etc , .... you really should take it easier

veel beterschap , en als je iets nodig hebt , .......

have a nice day
Old July 15, 2003, 20:55   #15
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

The Head of the Spanish Inquisition arrives...

Hey! Wait! Our fanatical devotion to the Pope means that we must look into the matter of heretical heresy outside of Spain!

Biggles! Fang!

Bring.........THE COMFY CHAIR...!
Old July 16, 2003, 23:19   #16
Beta
lifer
Deity

Out of curiosity - how is the dear Pope holding up given recent events?
Old July 16, 2003, 23:40   #17
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 00:34
I would check for poison, there's no telling what lives in the ND jungle that could have caused this catastrophe. Is it a coincidence that the religious head dies and then war is declared?
Old July 17, 2003, 09:22   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

It was pretty much widely known that this was a false religion used to compete with and undermine the Squid Industry.
Old July 17, 2003, 12:48   #19
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

False religion? You must have bongoes for lobes. Don't you know that it is the only real one, eh? Eh? Eh? Confucius and Mr. Cow are just false prophets!

Really!
--

By the way, I wish to inform you that Pope Aidun I passed away this morning, and was immediately taken up into heaven by a group of angels who'd been waiting all night to get him up there.

As it is, the new Pope is none other than Fernand de History Guy Calamari, the former Archbishop of Castile, and the first and only squid lord of Madrid's younger brother.

And, yeah, he calls himself Pope Calixtus I now.

Gastronome Neecap V,
Flunky to the Calamari Clan
Old July 19, 2003, 22:09   #20
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

See? The Squid Cartel offed the Pope and took over his operations. Need I say more?
Old July 19, 2003, 22:52   #21
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Quote:
See? The Squid Cartel offed the Pope and took over his operations. Need I say more?
Are you out of your mind? The Squid Cartel has done nothing to harm the Pope, and the Pope has done nothing to incite our wrath. And now it should stay that way for a considerably lengthy time.

Spamish Mitchell
Squid Cartel
Old July 20, 2003, 10:23   #22
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell

Are you out of your mind? The Squid Cartel has done nothing to harm the Pope, and the Pope has done nothing to incite our wrath. And now it should stay that way for a considerably lengthy time.

Spamish Mitchell
Squid Cartel
And there's the cover-up.
Old July 20, 2003, 11:22   #23
History Guy
King

Nah, don't mind Spamish. We call 'm the Spaniard, cuz he's good with a knife.

And, oh yeah, he's Spanish like all of us Spaniards.

Alfonse Calamari
Squid Cartel