Old July 14, 2003, 19:32   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Fixing Ms. Roze
How do I make it so The Data Angels recieve a Covert Ops centre at the BEGINNING of the game? I've bumped their bonus down to +1, so in the end it should be +3 instead of 0.
Old July 14, 2003, 19:45   #2
Sikander
King

Local Time: 22:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Fixing Ms. Roze
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
How do I make it so The Data Angels recieve a Covert Ops centre at the BEGINNING of the game? I've bumped their bonus down to +1, so in the end it should be +3 instead of 0.
I'm not sure. Try the creation forum perhaps, and / or PM gwillybj. He seems to know a lot about modding.
Old July 14, 2003, 20:05   #3
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 07:41
Tassadar5000: Have you tried using the Free Facility option in the Faction Editor (not the Free Facility (prereq.), though)? I believe it is supposed to solve your problem.
Old July 14, 2003, 21:03   #4
Gufnork
Prince

If nothing else works you could always give them the required tech from the beginning. Or do you need to give them the prereqs as well?
Old July 14, 2003, 22:53   #5
Curiosity
Warlord

I think Gufnork's right. The only thing that will work is to give them the tech at the beginning, but that would look kinda silly.

I recommend giving them an innate +3 probe and getting rid of the Covert ops centres. Their probes will generally all be Elite by this time anyway, due to tech modifiers. You could also give them immunity to negative probe modifiers, so they can run Knowledge without crippling their advantage.

I don't think they'll end up too unbalanced.
Old July 15, 2003, 12:22   #6
Chaos Theory
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Gaians
Emperor

Local Time: 04:41
The facility tag in the University and Hive files, FACILITY if I remember, grants a facility without the prereq tech. Use that instead of, if I remember, FREEFAC, which is in the Angels and Pirates files.
Old July 15, 2003, 23:10   #7
CEO Aaron
ACDG3 Morgan
King

That is actually a remarkably swell idea. I've got to try that.
Old July 15, 2003, 23:21   #8
Chaos Theory
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Gaians
Emperor

Local Time: 04:41
My take on fixing Roze is, give her +1 probe instead of +2, give her robustness against Probe, and since that's 9 mods and the limit's 8, remove her SOCIAL, -POLICE entry. That way:

Case Original Altered
Start +2 Probe +1 Probe
PSA +4(0) Probe +3 Probe
Knowl +0 Probe +0 Probe
Both +2 Probe +2 Probe

Last edited by Chaos Theory; July 16, 2003 at 23:40.
Old July 15, 2003, 23:49   #9
gwillybj
Prince

Local Time: 01:41
Location: Eurytion Mining Camp: 100°C dayside, 100°F nightside.
FACILITY vs FREEFAC
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaos Theory
The facility tag in the University and Hive files, FACILITY if I remember, grants a facility without the prereq tech. Use that instead of, if I remember, FREEFAC, which is in the Angels and Pirates files.
You remember correctly.

FACILITY, 4 = Free Perimeter Defense at every base from the beginning of the game (as in hive.txt).

FREEFAC, 34 = Free Covert Ops Center with discovery of Pre-Sentient Algorithms (as in angels.txt).

So, for the Data Angels to get the Covert Ops Center at every base from the beginning of the game, open angels.txt and change FREEFAC, 34 to FACILITY, 34.

Remember that they are "free" only in that you do not have to pay the construction costs (100 minerals). You do still have to pay the annual maintenance fee (2 Energy Credits).

Have a look at Free Facilities, a related lively discussion initiated by Mr. President in the Creation forum.

Last edited by gwillybj; July 16, 2003 at 00:06.
Old July 16, 2003, 01:00   #10
CEO Aaron
ACDG3 Morgan
King

So does that mean that the free network node that University receives actually deducts from their treasury from the beginning of the game? News to me.
Old July 16, 2003, 03:36   #11
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 00:41
Yeah, I don't remember that being the case.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old July 16, 2003, 06:44   #12
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Well, I just gave the Pirates a FREEFAC, 37 (free Subsea Trunkline), and they started out with the Subsea Trunkline, so this is not as straightforward as it appears! I'll look into this further tonite gwillybj has it right as far as how to give the Data Angels a Free Covert Ops Center from the beginning of the game. FYI.

D

-=Vel=-
Old July 16, 2003, 07:25   #13
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 06:41
Giving the AI that many facs early on that will be of no use but to subtract money and are probably going to drive it into debt unless it cheats.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old July 16, 2003, 07:40   #14
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

I have never seen a free facility cost any upkeep, so that shouldn't form a problem.
Old July 16, 2003, 10:24   #15
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 02:41
Quote:
Originally posted by Gufnork
If nothing else works you could always give them the required tech from the beginning.
you certainly don't want to do that. that'll mean they'll be able to build the hunter-seeker straight away
Old July 17, 2003, 05:18   #16
waab
Prince

Can somebody answer if a free fac actuly cost upkeep, I don't think the Network Nodes of Zak actuly cost something.
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old August 3, 2003, 12:46   #17
CEO Aaron
ACDG3 Morgan
King

The definitive answer is NO. Zakharov's Network Nodes cost no upkeep. Don't believe it? Just open a game where you're Zak, and hit F3. In the lower right-hand corner, there's an itemized breakdown of upkeep costs by facility. It tells you how many of every facility you've built, and how much upkeep they're costing you. Next to Network Node (you'll have alot of them) you'll see 0.
Old August 4, 2003, 05:40   #18
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

It will be changed to facility then

Now I can establish my KGB network without it mirroring the Soviet Union
Old December 19, 2003, 07:21   #19
Nubclear

For the curious:
Attached Files:
File Type: txt angels.txt (4.0 KB, 5 views)
Old December 20, 2003, 00:39   #20
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 18:41
Am I the only one to think that immunity to mind control is meant to be exclusive to the believers running fundie, and that the angels while great hackers do not have such strong beliefs and unity as Believers (come on, they are anarchists! Most of them probably only belive in themselves!). As such, while great on the probe-offensive the DA's are by no means uncorruptable, and when offered the chance to join a REAL* faction, many jump at it

It's not as if they need immunity to mind control, they are already a strong faction, and smart datajacks will have elite probe teams coming out their ears, meaning any enemy probe should have a tough fight before being able to mind control...

*I have no problem with the DA's ideology, altough many seem to consider it implausable.
Old December 20, 2003, 01:59   #21
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

I did that with the Datajacks too- that bump down to +1 bonus.
I think I also gave them a better bonus to infiltration costs in return.