Old July 16, 2003, 06:43   #31
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 07:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
"Iran's President Mohammad Khatami ordered four ministers to investigate the death of the freelance photographer. "

This is enough, stop with the "they're threatening the US and the free world" BS

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 06:44   #32
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 02:45
Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius
"ran's President Mohammad Khatami ordered four ministers to investigate the death of the freelance photographer. "

This is enough
Just words.

You are easy to buy into this. I want to see results. So wait on calling other people idiot warmongers.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 16, 2003, 06:45   #33
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

I edited my post Fez...

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 06:46   #34
Giancarlo
King

And?

You don't have a clue do you? They are threatening the world.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 16, 2003, 06:46   #35
laurentius
King

And why shouldnt they have nukes?

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 06:47   #36
laurentius
King

Well, you could edit the quote too

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 06:47   #37
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
And why shouldnt they have nukes?
They support terrorism.

You are illogical.
Old July 16, 2003, 06:48   #38
laurentius
King

In what am I illogical?

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 06:49   #39
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
In what am I illogical?
You try to defend something that should not be defended.
Old July 16, 2003, 06:50   #40
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 08:45
Quote:
"Iran's President Mohammad Khatami ordered four ministers to investigate the death of the freelance photographer. "

This is enough, stop with the "they're threatening the US and the free world" BS

Ok, it seems that westerners won't be hurt anymore. Let the opression of everyone who is not straight, male, and muslim in that country continue.
Old July 16, 2003, 06:52   #41
laurentius
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

You try to defend something that should not be defended.
Says you! First off I havent defended terrorism here. What do you think they would do with the nukes? Attack USA or Israel? Gimme a break nobodys that crazy. they have everyright ot build nukes, just as israel, india and china has...

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 06:52   #42
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I protest.
Old July 16, 2003, 06:54   #43
Az
Emperor

Quote:

Says you! First off I havent defended terrorism here. What do you think they would do with the nukes? Attack USA or Israel? Gimme a break nobodys that crazy. they have everyright ot build nukes, just as israel, india and china has...

a related question:
Does Bin-laden has the right to build nukes?
Old July 16, 2003, 06:58   #44
laurentius
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel

Ok, it seems that westerners won't be hurt anymore. Let the opression of everyone who is not straight, male, and muslim in that country continue.
Well, frankly those things have nothing to do with threatening the us...
And they are not casus bellii or justifications for unlegal espionage activity. Anyhow as far as I know women are not that opressed anymore. Someone might ask you about palestenians and their oppression, but lets not start that.
Iran has improved enormously during the last decade...

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 06:59   #45
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Says you! First off I havent defended terrorism here.
Yes you have.

Quote:
What do you think they would do with the nukes? Attack USA or Israel?
If they were desperate enough and saw the end of the their regime, yes.

Quote:
Gimme a break nobodys that crazy. they have everyright ot build nukes, just as israel, india and china has...
No they don't have that right. India should lay down their nukes as should China. India, China and Pakistan are just too dangerous to have them. Just imagine if they launched them at each other. Millions could die.

Your logic is flawed.
Old July 16, 2003, 06:59   #46
laurentius
King

Um az, dont be an ass. Are you seriously comparing OBL and Iranian government?

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 07:00   #47
laurentius
King

So tell me dear fez, who has the right to build nukes?

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 07:02   #48
laurentius
King

And how have I defended terrorism here?

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 07:03   #49
Az
Emperor

Quote:

Well, frankly those things have nothing to do with threatening the us...
And they are not casus bellii or justifications for unlegal espionage activity. Anyhow as far as I know women are not that opressed anymore.

Quote:
Someone might ask you about palestenians and their oppression, but lets not start that.
there's a war going on with the palestinians. Sure they will be opressed.
Quote:
Iran has improved enormously during the last decade...
And NOT thanks to the government.

Quote:
Um az, dont be an ass. Are you seriously comparing OBL and Iranian government?
If OBL was a Shiite, and whould establish a government, the Islamic Republic would be the way it would look. The Iranian government is plain, and simple, evil. Just the same way we don't want DRPK to have nukes, we don't want Iran to have nukes.
Old July 16, 2003, 07:04   #50
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
So tell me dear fez, who has the right to build nukes?
Developed countries who are responsible.

India, Pakistan and China are just big IFs... it is far too dangerous for these countries to possess these weapons.
Old July 16, 2003, 07:09   #51
laurentius
King

Az, do you really see things so black and white? All the sudden you have became an expert in Iranian government and OBL teachings.
"NOT thanks to the government"? Huh? Should we thank the mullahs instead

you cant possibly know what OBL would do and saying that Iran is just a shiite alternative to OBL is just plain ridiculous.

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 07:11   #52
laurentius
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Developed countries who are responsible.

India, Pakistan and China are just big IFs... it is far too dangerous for these countries to possess these weapons.
I think it's far more dangerous if anyone possess Nukes. Complete disarmament is what I want!

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 07:12   #53
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Az, do you really see things so black and white? All the sudden you have became an expert in Iranian government and OBL teachings.
There could be governments worse than the Iranian government. But that doesn't say much does it.
Quote:
"NOT thanks to the government"? Huh? Should we thank the mullahs instead
The "mullahs" ARE the government.
Old July 16, 2003, 07:13   #54
laurentius
King

Aha? So are all the mps and ministers mullahs too?
Geez, I didnt have a clue...

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 07:14   #55
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

I think it's far more dangerous if anyone possess Nukes. Complete disarmament is what I want!
Ronald Reagan wanted the same believe it or not. (At least that is what he said in his autobiography, An American Life)

And I do too. I want all nuclear weapons eliminated.

But when it came to the cold war, deterrance was necessary.
Old July 16, 2003, 07:17   #56
laurentius
King

So we agree on this.

In the mean time, I still don't see any reason why iran shouldnt have nukes..

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 07:18   #57
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
So we agree on this.

In the mean time, I still don't see any reason why iran shouldnt have nukes..
You are contradicting yourself. You say there shouldn't be any nukes, yet Iran should have them?
Old July 16, 2003, 07:22   #58
laurentius
King

Yeah youre right,I said that because we dont live in the nuke-free world yet. But you know what. You just said that you want a complete disarmament but few replies ago you said that developed nations could build nukes.
So you're as guilty as me. Maybe you should be more careful with your accusations, so next time you wouldnt shoot yourself...

- Paul Valery
Old July 16, 2003, 07:24   #59
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Yeah youre right,I said that because we dont live in the nuke-free world yet. But you know what. You just said that you want a complete disarmament but few replies ago you said that developed nations could build nukes.
So you're as guilty as me. Maybe you should be more careful with your accusations, so next time you wouldnt shoot yourself...
When there is a dangerous like North Korea or Iran acquring nuclear weapons, developed countries must have a deterrance against this.

So you are the guilty one around here. idiot.
Old July 16, 2003, 07:25   #60
laurentius
King

I won!

Did I just pissed you off?

- Paul Valery