Old January 11, 2004, 13:52   #451
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 23:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Guys sorry I won't be able to play until Tuesday. I'm leaving for the Marine base to see Shang off (He's deployed to Iraq).

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 11, 2004, 22:51   #452
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 06:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Best wishes to you both
Old January 11, 2004, 23:53   #453
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 07:48
Yes, best wishes to you both, HongHu!
Old January 12, 2004, 22:39   #454
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

Me too!
Old January 14, 2004, 23:48   #455
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Turn 2203 to Rubin
Old January 15, 2004, 02:29   #456
Rubin
staff

M.Y. 2203 Complete
2204 passed to Lord Chip of the Gaians.
Old January 15, 2004, 13:54   #457
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

It seems I'm pretty good about playing quickly, but less good at remembering to post here. The turn went to HongHu five hours ago.
Old January 17, 2004, 04:13   #458
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Turn sent finally.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 19, 2004, 14:04   #459
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2204 to Rubin
Old January 19, 2004, 17:56   #460
Rubin
staff

M.Y. 2204 Complete
2205 passed to the Gaians.
Old January 20, 2004, 11:43   #461
Snowflake
Princess

Guys I'm sorry to say this again but I will not be able to do the turns very frequently again. I've been busier and cannot afford playing every night now. I can guarantee at least once every week and will try to do more but is this acceptible for everybody?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 21, 2004, 01:09   #462
Rubin
staff

HongHu: While I've enjoyed this game very much and have the deepest respect for the limited time at your disposal I really do not want to continue at 1 turn per 7+ days. This is my first PBEM ever and I've found that continuing delays greatly reduce my interest in the game and the fun provided. Additionally, the turn rate have been very poor for some time now.

To this, I suggest one of the following:

1) HongHu is declared the winner and the game is terminated.
2) I leave the game and the Rubinites get a replacement player.
Old January 21, 2004, 08:59   #463
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

HongHu:

My thoughts are akin to Rubin's. I've played in a couple of PBEMs in which the turn rate slows, and slows, and slows, until everyone loses interest. I think the sensible thing to do is to acknowledge your victory.

Long live the Princess of Love.
Old January 21, 2004, 11:06   #464
Snowflake
Princess

Guys I don't think we need to end the game yet. I have enjoyed this game very much (my first PBEM as well) so I would like to stay but I realize that I have been slowing down the pace of the game. That's why I was asking if you guys would like a quicker game for if so I was planning to ask for a replacement. There's no way that I should ask Rubin to find a replacement since I'm the source of the problem. (I actually played half of the game last night but wasn't able to finish it.)

I will open a thread here to ask for replacement ok? Please let me know if you are against this. Again I'm really sorry about this. It has been an absolutely fun game playing with you guys.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 21, 2004, 16:37   #465
Snowflake
Princess

Somebody has PMed me about the replacement. I will wait until you all see this before I give him the final response.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 22, 2004, 01:09   #466
Snowflake
Princess

Rubin was in favor of terminating the game over replacement. Should we terminate it? I feel very bad that I caused this. Sorry guys.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 22, 2004, 08:10   #467
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

I say continue, purely because i enjoy reading through this game and wishing i was in a pbem with pace and storyline
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Last edited by Lazerus; January 22, 2004 at 10:36.
Old January 22, 2004, 17:50   #468
Rubin
staff

HongHu: Hercules remains silent, you are leaving the game and I think Chip prefers declaring you the winner and thereby avoiding a gradually decreasing turn pace and a 'slow death' of the game. I also opt for declaring you the winner. Maybe the lack of response to the problem suggests that we (the players) are loosing interest in the game--a rather disappointing scenario for any replacement player.

Anyway, that's my humble evaluation of the situation.
Old January 22, 2004, 18:36   #469
Hercules
Deity

I remained silent because for some reason I must have unsubscribed to this thread and therefore missed the poly posting emails

I first became aware of what was happening when I noticed Honghu had posted for a replacement.

I 've just dropped by here accidently.

Seeing that I am here.

Well I always hate to see games end prematurely. All that time and effort. Otoh it is clear who would win .

I think it can be sad when someone who you start out the game with has to leave for whatever reason. A part of the camaraderie seems to go and you were all noobees together. I know I am no substitute for Gufnork but I felt keeping the name was a small gesture.

This game is interesting because of the patch 5. So if Rubin and Chip and Lazerus want to start another afresh I'll play.

Lazerus can maintain a pretty good turn rate and from my perspective it would be interesting seeing him start out a faction as opposed to taking over (mostly) weakened faction in mid to late game.

I'll go with the flow.

If Lazerus is offering himself as a replacement
Old January 23, 2004, 08:27   #470
Lazerus
King

I was late reading it, somebody else got it for this game.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old January 23, 2004, 08:54   #471
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

My own silence can be attributed to my preparation for a boy scout campout this weekend. (The things we do for our children!)

I'm flattered that Hercules and the prolific Lazerus are interested in our game and would be honored to start anew with--and be pummelled by and (I hope) learn from--them. Let me, however, think about it over the weekend. The problem is that Rubin and I are already playing in the "Laptop Game", in which we average just under two complete turns per day. Although I can keep up with the turn play, I'm falling behind in my radio broadcasts. I don't think I can keep the on-air commentary going for two fast-paced games. (It's easy at first, though, because the same things happen in pretty much the same order, which leads to rebroadcasts.)
Old January 23, 2004, 09:36   #472
Lazerus
King

err im hardly prolific, i can still count my pbems on one hand and as for skill nah not really, i can handle military fairly well but tech beelines and stuff pff

i might be interested in playing new one however since currently im in 2 stalled pbems 1 extremely slow moving one and another which has just kicked off.

Last edited by Lazerus; January 23, 2004 at 11:59.
Old January 23, 2004, 11:19   #473
Snowflake
Princess

Well since Lazerus had been following this game so it would be easier for him to get into it. If everybody feels that if Lazerus join in then the game can continue otherwise it should be terminated then I think I can explain to the others and they will understand.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 28, 2004, 23:49   #474
Hercules
Deity

Re Feedback. I wasn't in the game long enough to say anything one way or another. But your gameplaying looked pretty solid and the RP looked very good and sustained.
Old February 2, 2004, 21:35   #475
Rubin
staff

Game Over!
Thanks for the game!

I really enjoyed playing with you all. I've learned many, many things during this game and I think Hercules did a good job continuing the University faction from where Gufnork left it.

Considering this was my very first PBEM I think I've been very fortunate to be participating in this game with all of you.

CEO Rubin signing out...