Old July 18, 2003, 07:38   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
OPD legitimately and unanimous elected Glorious Leader of the MAST!
Mr. Al-Sahaf: Thank you for coming. It is with great pride that the Iraqi Government announces that the handsome and most intelligent OPD has been legitimately and unanimously elected as Glorious Leader, Supreme Overlord, Evil Dictator, Crusher of Souls of the Iraqi Government.

The vote was conducted in complete fairness! Our great and glorious leader merely called for a referendum to confirm himself as supreme leader of the people and the people UNANIMOUSLY agreed!

This makes the Iraqi Government a DEMOCRACY!

It is unfortunate that other governments are not so democratic! Their people are divided! They vote for different candidates other than the leader! But in the Iraqi Government, there is the leader, and everyone votes for him! No-one is threatened or coerced, they do so of their own free will!

As stated by our most illustrious Minister of Peace, Love, and Understanding, the Most Handsome and Intelligent bongo concerning OPD's fair and honorable conduct in the race, "Even better, you didn't threaten anyone with guns!"

A true statement by bongo himself! Indeed, OPD never threatened anyone with guns during the ENTIRE campaign! Indeed, he threatened no-one with any weapon of ANY KIND!

This free and fair election proves that the Iraqi Government is both fully democratic AND that OPD is indeed the chosen of the ENTIRE people, not just some miniscule portion of the people as in other civilizations!

Given the enormous success of this first election, the reaction of President OPD was:

Quote:
Originally posted by His Royal Highness, Supreme Overlord, Evil Dictator, Crusher of Souls, King of the Desert, Most Handsome and Intelligent OPD

100% thats equal to Saddam right?

I can see alot of medals being awarded over this.
So you can see that not only do the people love OPD, but OPD LOVES THE PEOPLE!

After his confirmation as the Supreme Leader of the Iraqi Government, OPD named several other members of the MAST to positions within his cabinet. Together, they shall plan how the Iraqi Government and its people will cause their enemies to caugh up obscene amounts of blood and suffer from acute abdominal pain!

Now, I am read for your questions!

Yes, you.

Reporter: Sir, how many people voted?

Mr. Al-Sahaf: All the people! All the people who had it in their hearts to vote for OPD because they loved OPD then... voted for OPD!!! Which happened to be... EVERYONE!

Now, you over there, what is it?

Reporter: Sir, what other candidates were on the ballot?

Mr. Al-Sahaf: Other candidates?! I already TOLD YOU! OPD simply announced that he was running and begun a referendum on his leadership. The matter was settled when EVERYONE voted in favor! What point would there be to someone else announcing their candidacy when the current candidate has 100% of the vote?

You.

Reporter: Was there an arrangement ahead of time to ensure that Mr. OPD received 100% of the vote?

Mr. Al-Sahaf: So you're asking whether the vote was rigged? IT WAS NOT RIGGED! REALLY! OPD HONESTLY GOT EVERY SINGLE VOTE CAST! There was NO arrangement ahead of time, OPD had not even informed but one other person he was running and then he simply started the referendum! And, as I've already told you, EVERYONE voted for him! Now stop asking me stupid questions! You are asking me these types of questions on behalf of the evil mercenaries who plan to attack us, perhaps? If so, you are worse than CNN and will no longer be safe here!

Now, that will be all for the question segment.

(a bunch of guys in uniforms come into the room carrying clubs - they begin dancing and waving their clubs about over their heads...)

The people for OPD! OPD for the people! The people for OPD! OPD for the people! The people for OPD! OPD for the people! Everyone loves OPD! OPD loves everyone! Everyone loves OPD! OPD loves everyone!

(somewhat distracted reporters file out as the singing and dancing continue)
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2003, 08:44   #2
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 07:52
hi ,

, looks like arnelos starts to fight back , ........

so , whats the program of your new political party , .......

have a nice day
Panag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2003, 03:48   #3
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010

Very excellent post!

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2003, 23:08   #4
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 23:52

OPD will be a very good Supreme Overlord, I'm sure.
Old July 20, 2003, 08:31   #5
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:52
I think the key word here is Legitimately that and Unanimous.

Also from now on in any reference to myself we must be called "His Royal Highness, Supreme Overlord, Evil Dictator, Crusher of Souls, King of the Desert, Most Handsome and Intelligent OPD"

note the use of the royal we
Old July 21, 2003, 09:52   #6
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 01:52
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
HRHSOEDCoSKotDMHaIOPD, would you prefer Cake or Death?
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2003, 12:15   #7
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

What kind of cake?
Old July 21, 2003, 13:50   #8
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

I'm not sure it matters. We always seem to run out of cake...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2003, 14:48   #9
OPD
King

I guess I'll have the chicken then
OPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2003, 16:38   #10
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Would you like some white wine with that, sir?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2003, 01:50   #11
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 23:52
great post Arnelos

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote