Local Time: 08:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
oh god, not this again.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:00   #92
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 02:53
Russia had the largest military on paper, but that hardly made up for training deficiencies and lack of money to cover the costs. The same goes for China. Largest military today on paper but then again suffers from lack of modern equipment.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:02   #93
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 05:53
Numbers do NOT necessarily equal power.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:03   #94
Az
Emperor

no No NO.. This isn't happening, please tell me this isn't happening......
Old July 21, 2003, 03:03   #95
Serb
Emperor

Local Time: 12:53
Too bad I don't have time now. This however I must retaliate:
Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
Right the first time. Without the US and Brits, the Soviets would have lost, hard, but without the Soviets, the US and Brits would still have taken down Germany.
What a piece of pure megabullsh!t.
Churchill was begging for Soviet enterance to war. British embassador was whining everyday in Kremlin "enter the war, we're about to fall. If you don't enter the war, we'll sign a separate peace with hitler and you'll face him alone soon". The day when Germany invaded SU was a holiday for GB.
You would never defeat Germany without SU, NEVER. And you never defeated Germany, it was Russia who defeat it in WW2.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:04   #96
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
no No NO.. This isn't happening, please tell me this isn't happening......
This is not happening, because I log-off for an hour or so.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:04   #97
Giancarlo
King

If it wasn't for the US, serb, Russia would of collapsed.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:05   #98
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 21:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel

Michael, are you AGAIN saying that just because he's a civilian, he has no right to criticize? It's not as if he dodged the draft or something. They chose to be in the military, he chose not to, and as long as he has the choice not to go to the army, he doesn't have to be penalized because of it.

Anyway, he's a Spaniard for crying out loud.
Read what is was that he "criticized." And since he's a pinche spaniard, he should especially shut the **** up about court martialing US soldiers for stating their ****ing opinions.

Let me spell this out - as long as he's a Lima Delta p**** b**** who thinks his precious ass is too sweet to join up, he hasn't earned the ****ing right to criticize those who do serve in Iraq for expressing THEIR opinions of WHAT THEY'RE DOING THERE.

If he ran this little "I'm a strutting wannabe fascist Spaniard dictator and those US soldiers should be court martialed for daring to speak their minds if I don't like what they say" nonsense with me, you'd all wonder how my jumpboots came to be sticking out his nostrils from that angle.

The military has the absolute legal right to courtmartial these guys for making comments to the press, if a convening authority determines that the comments made are either service discrediting, or contrary to good military order and discipline. Whether they should do so is more debateable, or whether it's productive, but little Fezzy-Wezzy hasn't earned the right to slam on anybody who's got his ass in the grass and decides to talk to a reporter in a way the government doesn't like.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:05   #99
Serb
Emperor

Russians stoped Werchmaht near Moscow and counter-attacked in 1941, long before Lend-Lease shipments start to flow. Case is closed.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:06   #100
Giancarlo
King

Okay I am sorry MtG, what do you want to do to me? Cane me on the bottom?
Old July 21, 2003, 03:07   #101
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

BTW, you can end the WW2 and who beat the Nazis BS now, and stick to Iraq and Chechnyz, per the helpful little thread title.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:07   #102
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Serb
Russians stoped Werchmaht near Moscow and counter-attacked in 1941, long before Lend-Lease shipments start to flow. Case is closed.
Actually that isn't true... the Russians were near collapse in 1942/3. Moscow was near surrounded buddy. The tide turned in 1943.

Again you arrogance of what happened is being revealed.

Edit: Sorry MTg, didn't see your post.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:08   #103
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Okay I am sorry MtG, what do you want to do to me? Cane me on the bottom?
My jump boots are size 11-EEE Corcorans. You can read the post about your nostrils.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:09   #104
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

My jump boots are size 11-EEE Corcorans. You can read the post about your nostrils.
Remind me never to meet you while I am in California.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:10   #105
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
BTW, you can end the WW2 and who beat the Nazis BS now, and stick to Iraq and Chechnyz, per the helpful little thread title.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:12   #106
Az
Emperor

thanks, MtG.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:12   #107
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
Let me spell this out - as long as he's a Lima Delta p**** b**** who thinks his precious ass is too sweet to join up, he hasn't earned the ****ing right to criticize those who do serve in Iraq for expressing THEIR opinions of WHAT THEY'RE DOING THERE.
Interesting to see that you seem to think that rights have to be earned. Even more interesting would be your definition of "earned", and who you think decides the definition, and who decides when the definition has been fulfilled
Old July 21, 2003, 03:13   #108
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 15:53
The Russians would undoubtedly have lost the war regardless of Western support if Hitler had not taken personal control of the campaign from 1942 onwards.

There is a nice contrast between Hitler and Stalin on this - in 1941 Stalin interfered and it was a disaster. From 42 onwards he stepped back and let the professionals do the fighting. Hitler went the other way after the winter offensive of 41, which he saw as a great personal victory.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old July 21, 2003, 03:18   #109
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:

Interesting to see that you seem to think that rights have to be earned. Even more interesting would be your definition of "earned", and who you think decides the definition, and who decides when the definition has been fulfilled
Rights are an abstract concept created in the human mind. Remove human beings, and there are no "rights."

If you think there's such a thing as a "natural right," get in a cage with a hungry tiger and explain to it that it doesn't have the "right" to eat you for dinner. I'm sure it'll be interested.

But let's not digress down this threadjack, either.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:20   #110
David Floyd
Emperor

But both threadjacks (WW2 and the theory of rights) are so much more interesting than the semi-trollish original topic
Old July 21, 2003, 03:24   #111
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Read what is was that he "criticized." And since he's a pinche spaniard, he should especially shut the **** up about court martialing US soldiers for stating their ****ing opinions.
that's a different question.

Quote:
complete bullshit. So anyone who hasn't been to the army has no right to criticize soldiers? ok.... This is esp. illogical for a conscript-less country like the US.

Quote:
If he ran this little "I'm a strutting wannabe fascist Spaniard dictator and those US soldiers should be court martialed for daring to speak their minds if I don't like what they say" nonsense with me, you'd all wonder how my jumpboots came to be sticking out his nostrils from that angle.
Attack the opinions, not the poster.

Quote:
The military has the absolute legal right to courtmartial these guys for making comments to the press, if a convening authority determines that the comments made are either service discrediting, or contrary to good military order and discipline. Whether they should do so is more debateable, or whether it's productive, but little Fezzy-Wezzy hasn't earned the right to slam on anybody who's got his ass in the grass and decides to talk to a reporter in a way the government doesn't like.
What if the your "Ass in the grass" guys would've massacred an entire village. Would he have to shut up too?
Old July 21, 2003, 03:27   #112
Giancarlo
King

Personally I think MtG has no idea who I am. And I don't give a rat's behind what he says about me. If he wants to slander me, fine. I know it is false.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:42   #113
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Actually that isn't true... the Russians were near collapse in 1942/3. Moscow was near surrounded buddy.

Quote:
Again you arrogance of what happened is being revealed.

If not MtG and his warrning, I would make a couple of comments about this incredibly stupid BS claim.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:44   #114
David Floyd
Emperor

And I could make comments as well, but if you want to get into it, start a thread, I'll be more than happy to respond there.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:45   #115
Giancarlo
King

Edit: Never mind. Personally, I don't want to discuss any further.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:48   #116
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
And I could make comments as well, but if you want to get into it, start a thread, I'll be more than happy to respond there.
You started this crap, and it is you who should start a new thread. Don't worry, I'll be there with my Red flag pretty soon.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:49   #117
Az
Emperor

Old July 21, 2003, 03:55   #118
Serb
Emperor

And you call yourself a communist?
Old July 21, 2003, 03:58   #119
Az
Emperor

yes. Now let's get back on topic...
Old July 21, 2003, 04:00   #120
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DanS
Aside your troops in Afghanistan today and who hide their asses in Kabul

This is not true. Our boys are fighting in and around Kandahar all the time. Like this...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...ml?nav=hptoc_w

As for controlling the whole country, we have no interest in doing so at this time.
During those ten years Russians build Afghani infrastructure from scratch, their roads, power plants, hospitals, universities, schools, libraries and sh!tloads of other stuff. It was nescessary, because Soviets tried to bring them socialism and it wasn't possible without control over country. So, how much you build there now? Perhaps you can't find builders crazy enough to work there? Perhaps because you control nothing there?