Old August 12, 2003, 16:36   #31
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Local Time: 01:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Out4Blood
Knowledge is the most critical resource because you cannot get it anywhere else.
That's one of the reasons that I think I'm picking up bad habits because of CtW. Aside from the critical "only 1 age change" aspect, in pre-Modern battles there comes a point when you don't need knowledge any more. The Missile Age then comes as a bit of a shock...
Old August 15, 2003, 06:31   #32
WRangler Rhymer
Warlord

Local Time: 05:57
Quote:
Don't know what you're thinking here, but you should always max out your scholars. Knowledge is the most critical resource because you cannot get it anywhere else.
That is fine but you dont need it for everything. You only need it for tech, missles, and nuclear missles. So I think you put to much stress on knowlegde, try and zip through the ages uh. If you are battling with someone or the comp they can not advance so you knowledge builds up on it own, and the extra points help make many more armies.
WRangler Rhymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2003, 19:03   #33
Out4Blood
Warlord

Local Time: 00:57
Quote:
Originally posted by WRangler Rhymer That is fine but you dont need it for everything. You only need it for tech, missles, and nuclear missles. So I think you put to much stress on knowlegde, try and zip through the ages uh. If you are battling with someone or the comp they can not advance so you knowledge builds up on it own, and the extra points help make many more armies.
I have no clue what you just said because your English is so bad. If you think knowledge is not important, well then you're free to have that opinion. I'll rest a lot easier when we play and ensure you're on the other team, not on mine.
Out4Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2003, 20:05   #34
WRangler Rhymer
Warlord

Quote:
I have no clue what you just said because your English is so bad. If you think knowledge is not important, well then you're free to have that opinion. I'll rest a lot easier when we play and ensure you're on the other team, not on mine.
I did not say knowledge is not important. What the hell is your problem, my english is fine. You dont have to be a jerk, dam this is just strategy talk.
Old August 17, 2003, 02:33   #35
Out4Blood
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by WRangler Rhymer What the hell is your problem, my english is fine
Okay, fine. Then please explain what this is supposed to mean:
Quote:
If you are battling with someone or the comp they can not advance so you knowledge builds up on it own, and the extra points help make many more armies.
And this.
Quote:
...try and zip through the ages uh
I really did not understand your comments.
Old August 17, 2003, 05:06   #36
WRangler Rhymer
Warlord

Knowledge collects when you battle with someone, because they are distracted in defending themselfs, the extra pop point help you build more units, thus more armies. You zip through the tech in the game instead of trying other things. I dont understand what is not understandable. I like to type abreviated as much as possible so people dont have to read a long comment.
Old August 17, 2003, 11:32   #37
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Local Time: 01:57
:dons flame retardent clothing and gets out the popcorn to watch:
Old August 17, 2003, 12:59   #38
Out4Blood
Warlord

Here you are back with the insults:
Quote:
Originally posted by WRangler Rhymer
You zip through the tech in the game instead of trying other things.
How do you know how I play? How do you know what things I have tried? Fact is, you DON'T know. So keep your conjecture about me to yourself. If you want to make a comment about something without making insults, then avoid using "YOU." Particularly since you are wrong beyond belief and don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Quote:
I dont understand what is not understandable.
Your English is very bad. Bad grammar and bad spelling. I don't like to nitpick (although I do sometimes), but your comments are generally incomprehensible. Let me give you an example:
Quote:
If you are battling with someone or the comp they can not advance so you knowledge builds up on it own, and the extra points help make many more armies.
You say "they cannot advance" so "you knowledge builds up." This doesn't make sense. If THEY cannot advance, THEIR knowledge should be building. But since *I* CAN advance, I'll be using mine. Or are you saying *I* cannot advance? And then when you say "you knowledge builds up on it own, and the extra points help make many more armies" but you already mentioned that knowledge is not used for armies, so this doesn't make any sense either. It's fine if you want trade insults. I can just ignore you then. If you want to talk strategy, then you ought to make your posts at least halfway readable.
Old August 17, 2003, 15:26   #39
Drachen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
:dons flame retardent clothing and gets out the popcorn to watch:

Anatole France
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote