View Poll Results: Which icon should we have as our new AU civgroup icon?
Red 'A' with horseshoe 'U' 1 3.13%
'AU' with graduation hat 1 3.13%
'AU' with no graduation hat 0 0%
'AU' on blue shield (this option was originally posted with many different colors) 15 46.88%
'U' over 'A' with transparent background 1 3.13%
'U' over 'A' with black background 0 0%
'U' over 'A' with black background and scrunched 5 15.63%
Triangle and 'U' with blue background 1 3.13%
'AU' with blue background 6 18.75%
'AU' with transparent background 1 3.13%
I abstain 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 18, 2003, 18:53   #31
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Me either.
Old September 18, 2003, 19:12   #32
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 22:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm inclined to just continue to make AU the best it can be over the next few months. When Dan and Mark revisit our requests then they will see that Apolyton University is a serious tool for learning and teaching the game of Civ3.
Old September 18, 2003, 21:12   #33
vmxa1
Deity

Well we don't really have any choice.
Old September 18, 2003, 23:57   #34
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Well, I think sabrewolf is entirely on target.

Although I think it must throw the fear of god into GoW (an Apolyton team, as opposed to ND) to see that beautiful GS shield as vxma1's sole icon!!

Seriously, should we do a petition thread or something?
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 19, 2003, 00:05   #35
Tassadar500
Emperor

Theseus I am starting to think about this. Signing a petition I think would only aggrivate Dan and Mark. At this time it is best to participate as much as you can in ALL AU projects. I will bring it up to Dan and Mark again early October with a detailed letter and such.
Old September 19, 2003, 00:07   #36
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
Theseus I am starting to think about this. Signing a petition I think would only aggrivate Dan and Mark. At this time it is best to participate as much as you can in ALL AU projects. I will bring it up to Dan and Mark again early October with a detailed letter and such.
I agree. That is the best thing we can do right now and my reason for saying we should concentrate on making Apolyton University the best that it can be.
Old September 19, 2003, 00:38   #37
vmxa1
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
Well, I think sabrewolf is entirely on target.

Although I think it must throw the fear of god into GoW (an Apolyton team, as opposed to ND) to see that beautiful GS shield as vxma1's sole icon!!

Seriously, should we do a petition thread or something?
Funny thing about that is I never was approved for the team, so I have no idea why I have that icon. Oh, well I got plenty to do, not to mention I have to take my PC back to the vendor tomorrow. Wonder how long it will be before I see it again.
That will chew up most of my day and I will have to move my backup PC to the front now.
Old September 22, 2003, 16:50   #38
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 07:58
hi ,

, since Dan has loads of work on his plate , you must give him some time , .....

have a nice day
Old September 22, 2003, 16:55   #39
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

And we will be. That's why, like Nuclear Master's asked for above, we should try to participate in all the Apolyton University projects like the current AUSG101.

I'm now retrying AU209 and when I get a little farther into the game I will be posting new DARs in those threads.
Old September 22, 2003, 16:56   #40
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1

Funny thing about that is I never was approved for the team, so I have no idea why I have that icon. Oh, well I got plenty to do, not to mention I have to take my PC back to the vendor tomorrow. Wonder how long it will be before I see it again.
That will chew up most of my day and I will have to move my backup PC to the front now.
Did you want to join, or was it a mistaken click or something? I don't remember a membership poll or anything like that...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old September 22, 2003, 17:38   #41
vmxa1
Deity

What happened was, I finally noticed I had a PM. It was about joining the game. I responded, with some questions, but never heard anything. I went to the forum and saw a message saying approval pending. After 2 weeks of that, I figured it was a dead horse.
So that is cool. It was hard to follow what was going on in most of the threads anyway.
Old September 22, 2003, 19:32   #42
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Sorry about that vxma1... I figured you'd been approved, since I could see the GS icon next to your avatar, and that you'd get the answers to your questions in the private forum.

I'll inform nye.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old December 10, 2003, 09:44   #43
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

(bump)

now AU has it's own forum, it should get it's own icon - as promised
Old December 10, 2003, 17:51   #44
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

It would be nice (bump again).

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 11, 2003, 12:30   #45
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Yep it would be nice, Im trying to pump up my ICON count so I can give MWIA a run for his money!
Old January 10, 2004, 16:28   #46
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

sorry that i'm bumping this thread again.

but where is the civgroup icon???? :fistthump:

there can always be a revote for a different icon, but at least there should be one!
Old January 10, 2004, 16:43   #47
Tassadar500
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf
sorry that i'm bumping this thread again.

but where is the civgroup icon???? :fistthump:

there can always be a revote for a different icon, but at least there should be one!

I had a feeling this would be bumped again soon. If MarkG is back by the time we are in the middle of the AU Conquests Course then I will propose it again. I will only do this, however, if the Conquests course goes very well with a lot of participants.
Old May 15, 2004, 12:32   #48
sabrewolf
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
I had a feeling this would be bumped again soon. If MarkG is back by the time we are in the middle of the AU Conquests Course then I will propose it again. I will only do this, however, if the Conquests course goes very well with a lot of participants.
well, here i am, 4 months later, bumping this thread again

come on... 15 icons for each DG and not a single one for the whole AU forum???
Old May 15, 2004, 16:01   #49
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

I concur, the Dean needs to discuss this with management.

Wait he's disappearred.!!!!!

Who is the new Dean BTW?

Because we want a CIVGROUP ICON

Old May 15, 2004, 17:36   #50
Tassadar500
Emperor

As do I I am no longer "Nuclear Master the Grey!" I am now "Nuclear Master the White".
Old May 16, 2004, 11:17   #51
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Nuke where the heck you been, we have missed you
Old May 16, 2004, 15:02   #52
Tassadar500
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Nuke where the heck you been, we have missed you
As I said in my other thread, I was in the bathroom
Old May 16, 2004, 16:11   #53
sabrewolf
Emperor

so NM, now that you're back from the bathroom, are you going to ask markos about the civgroup or should/will someone else do it?
Old May 16, 2004, 16:14   #54
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

Local Time: 06:58
just a thought, but will it be open to the public, like C3MP, C3PBEM etc, so no one knows who the reliable, and main players are? Personally, I think there is no other way than that (unless we let the AU panel "authorise" people, which is kind of elitist)
Old May 16, 2004, 16:22   #55
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Krill
just a thought, but will it be open to the public, like C3MP, C3PBEM etc, so no one knows who the reliable, and main players are? Personally, I think there is no other way than that (unless we let the AU panel "authorise" people, which is kind of elitist)
It probably should be open to the public. keeping track of who should be authorized and reauthorizing people who accidently leave the group would get to be a job in itself.

Nuke is the Dean, now that he is back he ought to work on this.
Old May 16, 2004, 16:25   #56
sabrewolf
Emperor

well, 1st... the more people have this civgroup icon, the better (advertisement)

imho, there should be a seperate icon for the ones who deserve it. maybe a "licensed AU tutor"
Old May 16, 2004, 16:30   #57
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Lets get a regular ICON first. Then we can try and get fancy.

A regular icon is not a big deal for the admins.

An Icon that needs authorization is.
Old May 16, 2004, 17:18   #58
Tassadar500
Emperor

We can't get too ambitious in the beginning, sabrewolf I'll bring it up soon. Right now, I'm mustering up a "publicity stunt" at the moment.
Old May 16, 2004, 17:31   #59
sabrewolf
Emperor

i'm not very good in explaining myself
in my last post i really meant:
FIRST... the general one, THEN possibly another one
Old May 16, 2004, 17:38   #60
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf
i'm not very good in explaining myself
in my last post i really meant:
FIRST... the general one, THEN possibly another one