View Poll Results: Emergency DM election
Panag 4 18.18%
Donegeal 17 77.27%
Banana 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 20, 2003, 11:46   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Emergency DM election
By Presidential decree seen here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...50#post2191850

There is to be an emergency election for DM office.

Candidates are donegeal and panag.

Open for three days.

In the mean time Panag is acting DM.

Contentions with this decision can be PM'd to myself directly, or posted in a no-con vote on myself.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 20, 2003, 13:07   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I support both candidates, but donegeal has too much info with which he can blackmail me with so I had better vote for him.
Old July 20, 2003, 15:33   #3
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 06:00
Old July 20, 2003, 19:36   #4
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Fellow GoWers vote for fellow GoWers

donegeal

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old July 20, 2003, 19:40   #5
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen

donegeal
Occassionally, even non-GoWers do...
Old July 21, 2003, 03:40   #6
Moonbars
Apolyton UniversityCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Desolation RowC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Panag is always posting, I don't think I have seen a post on this forum from the other guy before, so I am going reward Panag for being active and vote for him.
Old July 21, 2003, 05:53   #7
Donegeal
Emperor

Sure you have! I'm the guy who keeps screaming for more Archers!

Also, in this DG, I was the one who came up with our early city placement strat that was so vitial to our survival. However, if you look up my post history, you will see that I am not only active, but pro-active in the original SPDG. I have also had a big hand in setting up the PTW DG's (ok, the PTWDG and the ISDG, but not the PTWDGII).

Trust me, as a DM in this game, I will be very active (and probably be a big sore in the side of Unorthodox with build queues!).
Old July 21, 2003, 06:03   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:00
Quote:
[SIZE]Originally posted by donegeal[/SIZE]
Trust me, as a DM in this game, I will be very active (and probably be a big sore in the side of Unorthodox with build queues!).
Alright! After that statement of course I was going to vote for you! Not so much the active thing (although that's nice too!), but the sore in the side part!

Watch out Mr President...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 21, 2003, 10:17   #9
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:00
Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
Sure you have! I'm the guy who keeps screaming for more Archers!

Also, in this DG, I was the one who came up with our early city placement strat that was so vitial to our survival. However, if you look up my post history, you will see that I am not only active, but pro-active in the original SPDG. I have also had a big hand in setting up the PTW DG's (ok, the PTWDG and the ISDG, but not the PTWDGII).

hi ,

A dm shount not screem for more archers , thats the min of def job , a dm should scream for money so he can build the cities , so that they can build more and faster archers , ...... and those archers need protection from spearman , .....

have a nice day
Old July 21, 2003, 13:14   #10
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 23:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
If you can be a big sore in the side of not only UnO but ALL the ministers you have my vote.
Old July 21, 2003, 13:29   #11
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
If you can be a big sore in the side of not only UnO but ALL the ministers you have my vote.
Considering how much donegeal pestered the DM when E_T had that post long ago, I think he can probably handle that.

The question is whether E_T, now that donegeal might be the DM, will want to take up donegeal's old role and pester the DM
Old July 21, 2003, 14:06   #12
Donegeal
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
A dm shount not screem for more archers , thats the min of def job , a dm should scream for money so he can build the cities , so that they can build more and faster archers , ...... and those archers need protection from spearman , .....
Sorry, Panag. A DM (or any minister for that matter) should be screaming for what it is they think will help win this game and not trying to via for power with the other ministers. A government works best when its departments are working together rather than butting heads.

If I do win this election, I will be pushing for a mix of infrastructure and military. The infrastructure I will be pushing will be for a Temple (to me), Barracks and Marketplace in every city that are to be kept (to be referred to as "Castles" (ie: Castle Asgard)) and only a Barracks in cities that are to be moved later in the game (to be referred to as "Forts" (ie: Fort Bergen).

Forts will build their barracks first, pump out an Archer followed by a worker to keep their populations down to 4 to prevent disorder. While the food is going back up, it will pump out either another Archer or Spearmen (Which ever the SMC wants....cough, Archer, cough ), maybe both but when the fort's population gets to the point of getting to big, it will push out another worker.

Castles will work differently. The Barracks, although important, are not my highest priority. I will want Temples built first in all Castles so they may grow to higher populations. Marketplaces would be my next priority as we will need to finance our Army and Empire (Plus for the eventual Lux bonus they provide ). Now if I were to build a Temple then Marketplace in our cities one after another, our Military would suffer so I want to throw in an Archer/Spearman in between builds. Buy the time both improvements are built, each Castle should be at it optimal production level and building a Barracks will not be difficult.

OPL (Optimal Pruduction Level) of any city (Castle or Fort) will be determined by its suroundings and happiness. At this stage of the game, we have a production goal. That goal is 20 shields. 20 shields will net us an Archer, Spearman or a Barracks. With a 20 shield goal, we can break down our cities to reach that goal as quickly as possible with the lowest possible wast of shields (ie, shields over twenty). The best possible OPL would of course be 20 shields per turn. That is just not going to happen with the happiness constraints at Diety. So lets go to 10 shields per turn. Now this is possible (however, very difficult). 20 shields in 2 turns with no shield loss. Are next best OPL is 7 shields per turn (21 shields in 3 turns with 1 shield lost). If we have a city that can build 9 shields a turn, what is the point? It will still take 3 turns to reach 20 shields and then it would have wasted 7 shields! In a city like this, shoot for lower production and higher commerce tiles until an equalibrium can be reach to get as close to the OPL and have maximum commerce while limiting food gathering to prevent unhappiness. After 7 shields comes 5 (20 shields in 4 turns with no loss). Again, there is not point in tweaking the WF to give a city 6 shield production if it cost commerce to do it. 6 shields per turn will still only net 20 shields in 4 turns. The last OPL would be 4 (20 shields in 5 turns). Anything under that and we would need to look more closely at the city to determine what the best course of action would be.

Ok, I've rambled quiet enough....
Old July 21, 2003, 14:09   #13
Donegeal
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Considering how much donegeal pestered the DM when E_T had that post long ago, I think he can probably handle that.

The question is whether E_T, now that donegeal might be the DM, will want to take up donegeal's old role and pester the DM
Shhhhh!!!!

I'm hoping he's not paying attention!!!!
Old July 21, 2003, 14:39   #14
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

Sorry, Panag. A DM (or any minister for that matter) should be screaming for what it is they think will help win this game and not trying to via for power with the other ministers. A government works best when its departments are working together rather than butting heads.

If I do win this election, I will be pushing for a mix of infrastructure and military. The infrastructure I will be pushing will be for a Temple (to me), Barracks and Marketplace in every city that are to be kept (to be referred to as "Castles" (ie: Castle Asgard)) and only a Barracks in cities that are to be moved later in the game (to be referred to as "Forts" (ie: Fort Bergen).

Forts will build their barracks first, pump out an Archer followed by a worker to keep their populations down to 4 to prevent disorder. While the food is going back up, it will pump out either another Archer or Spearmen (Which ever the SMC wants....cough, Archer, cough ), maybe both but when the fort's population gets to the point of getting to big, it will push out another worker.

Castles will work differently. The Barracks, although important, are not my highest priority. I will want Temples built first in all Castles so they may grow to higher populations. Marketplaces would be my next priority as we will need to finance our Army and Empire (Plus for the eventual Lux bonus they provide ). Now if I were to build a Temple then Marketplace in our cities one after another, our Military would suffer so I want to throw in an Archer/Spearman in between builds. Buy the time both improvements are built, each Castle should be at it optimal production level and building a Barracks will not be difficult.

OPL (Optimal Pruduction Level) of any city (Castle or Fort) will be determined by its suroundings and happiness. At this stage of the game, we have a production goal. That goal is 20 shields. 20 shields will net us an Archer, Spearman or a Barracks. With a 20 shield goal, we can break down our cities to reach that goal as quickly as possible with the lowest possible wast of shields (ie, shields over twenty). The best possible OPL would of course be 20 shields per turn. That is just not going to happen with the happiness constraints at Diety. So lets go to 10 shields per turn. Now this is possible (however, very difficult). 20 shields in 2 turns with no shield loss. Are next best OPL is 7 shields per turn (21 shields in 3 turns with 1 shield lost). If we have a city that can build 9 shields a turn, what is the point? It will still take 3 turns to reach 20 shields and then it would have wasted 7 shields! In a city like this, shoot for lower production and higher commerce tiles until an equalibrium can be reach to get as close to the OPL and have maximum commerce while limiting food gathering to prevent unhappiness. After 7 shields comes 5 (20 shields in 4 turns with no loss). Again, there is not point in tweaking the WF to give a city 6 shield production if it cost commerce to do it. 6 shields per turn will still only net 20 shields in 4 turns. The last OPL would be 4 (20 shields in 5 turns). Anything under that and we would need to look more closely at the city to determine what the best course of action would be.

Ok, I've rambled quiet enough....
hi ,

looks like we both have the same goals , .....

have a nice day
Old July 22, 2003, 10:41   #15
Donegeal
Emperor

I guess its about time I voted....

Hmmmm.... I wonder who...
Old July 23, 2003, 10:50   #16
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Apparantly I am the only one left who values the Banana's advice.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 23, 2003, 11:03   #17
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen

donegeal
What PTWDG1 Team is panag on?
Old July 23, 2003, 12:02   #18
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Poll closed, it is now official:

donegeal is our new DM.

Congratulations donegeal, now get to work!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 23, 2003, 15:28   #19
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Great, the site is too busy to log in for several days, and when I can get in the poll is already closed.
Old July 23, 2003, 22:15   #20
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

To my knowledge, panag is not on any team.
Old July 24, 2003, 17:28   #21
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

hi ,

none , why

have a nice day