Old July 21, 2003, 08:38   #1
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 07:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Private forum for ND
Neu Demogyptica has it's roots in the german Webring Forum. This is our hombase and we don't want to abandon our home.

But since we noticed that every Forum has the tendency to crash sometimes our people wants to have a second base where we can communicate and plan things if our first base the Webring forum should fail.

That is the reason we want to have a private Forum for ND here at Apolyton. Our members are registered here. We are part of this demogame. We were asked in the beginning if we want a private forum. The answer was no at that time but that has changed. We want a forum now.
The person to whom we have to go to seems to be MarkG but he did not read my PM concerning our Civgroupicon so I fear he would ignor my plea for a privat forum too.

So my question is: What can we do to make this happen?
Next question: will we be forced to use english in our private forum or do you think we can use german too?
Old July 21, 2003, 09:08   #2
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:02
MarkG is serving with the Greek army at the moment, so it's not surprising he didn't reply to your request.

The person you would need to contact is DanQ, the other site administrator.

Quote:
will we be forced to use english in our private forum or do you think we can use german too?
Again, ask Dan. The use of languages other than English is not really allowed outside the Spanish forum and the Suomithreadi, but I'm guessing that in a private forum it would be OK. Don't take my word for it, though.
Old July 21, 2003, 09:09   #3
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:02
Another option would be to ask Master Zen if you could have a private forum on MZO (his site).
Old July 21, 2003, 09:17   #4
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 08:02
Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
Again, ask Dan. The use of languages other than English is not really allowed outside the Spanish forum and the Suomithreadi, but I'm guessing that in a private forum it would be OK. Don't take my word for it, though.
If he would respond negatively to that, we should start a petition. A German private forum should be allowed if it can bring another group into our midst.

DeepO
Old July 21, 2003, 09:26   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 00:02
I would pm your request to DanQ and Ming. Ming can get a lot done if he's aware something needs to be addressed.

I don't see there being a problem with them allowing you to use German in your private forum. I expect the Latin Lovers team in the PTW Demo Game 2 uses Spanish. You could clairfy with them to make sure though.
Old July 21, 2003, 09:51   #6
Darekill
Prince

Thank you for you help. I will address DanQ and Ming with our demand. I think this could be a good way to ensure that some more people from our forum find the way over here more frequently.
Old July 21, 2003, 10:45   #7
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 02:02
Quote:
I expect the Latin Lovers team in the PTW Demo Game 2 uses Spanish. You could clairfy with them to make sure though.
yeah. You should be fine using German. The reason I guess that they want it in English is so that everybody on the site can read it... but since everybody on the site cannot go into the private forums then I guess its ok.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old July 21, 2003, 13:00   #8
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Uh...have you even been checking Apolyton in the past few weeks....

If you're looking for reliability, you might not find it

I don't see why he wouldn't let you use German; the Spanish site uses Spanish, the Suomithreadi uses Finnish; occasionally a few A/C or OT threads degrade into Greek ...
Old July 21, 2003, 14:23   #9
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 02:02
I'd suggest asking Master Zen for a backup private forum at his site too, considering how spotty Apolyton has been recently.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old July 22, 2003, 01:09   #10
Darekill
Prince

Master Zen already told us about that. the point here is that some people from ND including myself are not overly eager to join another Forum. It's got nothing to do wit Master Zen and mybe we will take his offer anyway but first we want to be represented here.
Old July 22, 2003, 02:46   #11
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

/me thinks it has to do with the civicons

anyway, if you want a forum at my site just ask. Every other PTWDG and PTWDG II team has private backup-forums there too.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old July 22, 2003, 04:06   #12
Darekill
Prince

I grant you that it has to do with the Civicons of course.
But it has to do with the migration of the member also. most of them are members here but not members of your forum and it will be some work to convince them to go there.
Old July 22, 2003, 04:10   #13
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

A private forum for ND here at apolyton can be considered a colony Or a hangout for those ND member that also are 'poly members.

The people that will benefit most from a ND forum here is people like myself. I'm originally a 'poly member and joined webring forum for the sake of joining ND. I will visit webring forum on a regular basis but apolyton will remain my 'primary' civ-site.

As for the language...a private forum with mostly german-speaking(or reading) users should really be allowed to speak german. Hey, they allow me to use english at THEIR site
Old July 22, 2003, 22:29   #14
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Gah! They're not only invading Roleplay, they're invading the whole of Apolyton!

Old July 23, 2003, 03:06   #15
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

we use spanish 100% in our private forum for the PTWDG II (Team Latin Lover). I see no reason for not allowing ND to use german.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old July 23, 2003, 03:52   #16
Darekill
Prince

The invasion continiues. Pretty soon a new civgroup for the PTWDG I will exist.
I hope....
Old July 23, 2003, 07:17   #17
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill
The invasion continiues. Pretty soon a new civgroup for the PTWDG I will exist.
I hope....
Don't jinx it.