Old July 25, 2003, 10:00   #31
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 06:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ummm.....Real Life(as in the thread below(or above) somewhere)
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old July 25, 2003, 10:02   #32
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 02:03
Why particularly do I have to be on a deserted Island? Couldn't I just be, say, in a Turkish prison with only one game?

But probably Morrowind.
Old July 25, 2003, 10:29   #33
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Either FFVII or Morrowind.
Old July 25, 2003, 12:00   #34
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 00:03
Ha! You fools! You would need a PC to play most of your choices and your stuck on a deserted island without electicity.

Axis & Allies.
Old July 25, 2003, 12:12   #35
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Seldon
FFVII
That would be top on the list of games I wouldn't want to be left with.

Do It Ourselves
Old July 25, 2003, 12:18   #36
Kropotkin
Emperor

Local Time: 08:03
Championship Manager, without a doubt. That games series is addicitive as hell. Could have me going 12 hours a day or so. But maybe some books would be nice, books about football that is.
Old July 25, 2003, 12:30   #37
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

MOO1 as I have been playing it for so long and I know I will never tire of it.
CivIII would have been my choice, but I do have to put it aside from time to time.
Old July 25, 2003, 14:10   #38
Harry Seldon
King

Quote:
That would be top on the list of games I wouldn't want to be left with
That's alright. Not everyone can have exceptional taste or Brittany Spears would be an overweight single mother of four kids singing in a church choir.
Old July 25, 2003, 14:49   #39
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:

That's alright. Not everyone can have exceptional taste or Brittany Spears would be an overweight single mother of four kids singing in a church choir.
Oarrgh!
Must....
get ....
image....
out....
of ....
my....
head.....
Old July 26, 2003, 04:26   #40
Space05us
King

Local Time: 18:03
Fools! all FOOLS!

I wouldnt be sitting at a computer all day playing games, I would be busy building a really cool tree fort and training ostriches to let me ride them!! For amusement I would hunt small game. I would take up many crafts and create everything I need for myself.

edit: what the hell is wrong with my smily?
Old July 26, 2003, 08:31   #41
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:

Taste? It's common sense. There are few games with as little replay value as final fantasy games.

Now, as for taste... I'm not the one who went with FF7. You could atleast of gone with one of the good ones, like 3 (6).

Do It Ourselves
Old July 26, 2003, 10:09   #42
Footie Mad
Prince

Local Time: 07:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Kropotkin
Championship Manager, without a doubt. That games series is addicitive as hell. Could have me going 12 hours a day or so. But maybe some books would be nice, books about football that is.
It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars
Old July 26, 2003, 11:25   #43
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us
Fools! all FOOLS!

I wouldnt be sitting at a computer all day playing games, I would be busy building a really cool tree fort and training ostriches to let me ride them!!
Where did the Ostriches come from?

Is there some sort of game you can use the Ostriches for?
Old July 26, 2003, 11:36   #44
da_hal
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Where did the Ostriches come from?

Is there some sort of game you can use the Ostriches for?
Joust, of course.
Old July 26, 2003, 19:16   #45
Standup
Prince

Local Time: 07:03
Probably Championship Manager if i'm going to be on this on island for a while.

Close second would be defender - not great replay value but i'm just so bad at it that there's probably a greater replay value as i try to get a not quite so low a score.
Old July 26, 2003, 21:48   #46
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 01:03
Whatever the latest version of Civ3 is.
Old July 27, 2003, 08:03   #47
CapTVK
Civilization II MultiplayerPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
King

Personal preferences I would probably go Freeciv (as long as i got internet access for MP and to update it to a new version).

Common sense dictates a good chess program like Fritz for longevity. Chess programs are impossible to beat these days for anyone except maybe a chess grandmaster. By the time I get rescued I stil won't have been able to beat it.
Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer
Old July 27, 2003, 17:56   #48
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I was stuck in a small flat with only Civ1 for 6 months. I played the arse off that game, and I imagine I could do the same on a desert island.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old July 28, 2003, 05:39   #49
Carolus Rex
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Emperor

If we're talking no electricity, then chess.

Carolus
Old July 28, 2003, 05:40   #50
Carolus Rex
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Emperor

But then again, who'd I play?

Carolus
Old July 28, 2003, 05:43   #51
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Super Mario Bros. 3

Best game ever.
Old July 28, 2003, 08:32   #52
Harry Seldon
King

Quote:
Now, as for taste... I'm not the one who went with FF7. You could atleast of gone with one of the good ones, like 3 (6).
Very good but no materia. Besides, what other FF could you play and and participate in a two guy dating sequence and race chocobos?

Quote:
Super Mario Bros. 3

Best game ever.
But could you refrain from using the whistles to jump boards and play straight through?
Old July 28, 2003, 17:29   #53
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:

right and you do realize that just because you say britney spears isnt what you would say for someone w/ exceptional taste means that it is so.

Not that I am saying I think Britney spears is for people with high taste...

Quote:
Very good but no materia. Besides, what other FF could you play and and participate in a two guy dating sequence and race chocobos?
I dont want to play a dating sim and a racing game on a RPG. Thats my opinion on that.
Old July 28, 2003, 17:43   #54
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Okay guys let me make things clear.

-There is electricity
-There is no internet (Well actually there is but its down more so than poly and it equals to virtually no internet anyways so lets keep it as no)
-There is about 12-20 computers available for LAN if you wish
-There are Xbox,PS2 and Gamecube systems loitering around in this island

By island, Im referring to my uni. Im not exactly on a stranded island but my Univ is so deserted during the summer that its practically an island cut off socially from rest of the world. And our only source of video game entertainment (soul calibur II) is no more cause my modchip blew up. So I need to find a game I could play with hallmates to kill time.

Its mostly card games now. Rest of the game sux and gets repetitive for us.

damn my hallmates for playing my PS2 for 48hrs straight and blowing off my modchip. ALthough that probably wasnt the reason why it died.
Old July 28, 2003, 19:14   #55
Tuberski

Nethack.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old July 28, 2003, 19:32   #56
vee4473
King

The choice of game is irrelevant unless you were allowed to be stranded with a computer to play it.

Otherwise all you would have is a disc to look at, which would shift the question to which disc has the art that you like the most....so that you could enjoy looking at it for so long...

just being a ball buster
Old July 28, 2003, 19:36   #57
vee4473
King

nevermind, i posted this after reading that you have allowed 12-20 pooters
Old July 29, 2003, 03:31   #58
geeslaka
Prince

Local Time: 23:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
But could you refrain from using the whistles to jump boards and play straight through?
I almost did that once. I got tired of it at the beginning of world 7 and I haven't played that game since.

As for the game I would choose....ToT sci-fi style(one of the mods installed by my ToT CD so I assume it's allowed) (unless I stop being lazy and implement multi-layer maps and topology for Freeciv)
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.
Old July 29, 2003, 05:06   #59
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 17:03
Quote:
-There is electricity
-There is no internet (Well actually there is but its down more so than poly and it equals to virtually no internet anyways so lets keep it as no)
-There is about 12-20 computers available for LAN if you wish
-There are Xbox,PS2 and Gamecube systems loitering around in this island

By island, Im referring to my uni. Im not exactly on a stranded island but my Univ is so deserted during the summer that its practically an island cut off socially from rest of the world. And our only source of video game entertainment (soul calibur II) is no more cause my modchip blew up. So I need to find a game I could play with hallmates to kill time.
If that is the case, why only one game?
Old July 29, 2003, 05:08   #60
geeslaka
Prince

Local Time: 23:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Because you spent so much money on comps/consoles that you only have enough money for 1 game.
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.