Old July 21, 2003, 20:42   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 00:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Chat 17 report, savs and pics.
Chat to begin at 03:00 GMT.

Will post here....

Past reports:

Chat 16: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=92023
Chat 15: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=92023
Chat 14: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=91672
Chat 13: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=91320

Current sav:
Attached Files:

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 21, 2003, 22:10   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:04
redownloading the save to make sure we are the same.....

hope to see you there.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 21, 2003, 23:17   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

We got CURRENCY!!!!!

from a hut.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 21, 2003, 23:55   #4
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Mini map after MASSIVE trading of maps....

LARGE unclaimed island

It must be one island since Barbs are on the Eastern shore.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	minimap.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	50207  

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 22, 2003, 00:08   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I ordered our survey galley to go there with our spear

(BTW - we got currency with that goodie hut. Good move guys)

--Con
Old July 22, 2003, 00:12   #6
GodKing
Emperor

we got 3 turns done, but then unortho had to go because some idiot... well, I will let him tell you. Crazy term 3 continues. Needless to say, this comming chat will be pivitol as we will be upgrading and then declairing war. This comming weekend chat will be all war.

Hope to see you there.

--Con
Old July 22, 2003, 00:58   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Um....

yeah. We are cursed.

Well ended rather abruptly when some dumb drunk f*ck decided to blow his leg off. I thought it was gunfire, but it turned out to be homemade Fireworks. The 24th is a state holiday celebrated like the 4th here in Utah.

Anyway, I had to go administer First aid, and he likely lost his leg. Most of the lower thigh was gone, and shrapnel was all through it. I had to turnicate it, 5 mins for the paramedics, that generally results in a lost limb.

He and his buddies were burrying them in a field RIGHT outside my house where they just tore down a church, making nice craters. Don't know why or how he was so close when this one blew...I'll try to get a pick of the craters tomorrow...assuming they remove the police tape by then.

Latest save, all is done, just need to end turn:
Attached Files:

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; July 22, 2003 at 01:04.
Old July 22, 2003, 07:20   #8
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:04
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Um....

yeah. We are cursed.

Well ended rather abruptly when some dumb drunk f*ck decided to blow his leg off. I thought it was gunfire, but it turned out to be homemade Fireworks. The 24th is a state holiday celebrated like the 4th here in Utah.

Anyway, I had to go administer First aid, and he likely lost his leg. Most of the lower thigh was gone, and shrapnel was all through it. I had to turnicate it, 5 mins for the paramedics, that generally results in a lost limb.

He and his buddies were burrying them in a field RIGHT outside my house where they just tore down a church, making nice craters. Don't know why or how he was so close when this one blew...I'll try to get a pick of the craters tomorrow...assuming they remove the police tape by then.

Latest save, all is done, just need to end turn:

hi ,

you really ought to teach some people how to play civ , ..........

anyway , the large island , lets hope it like that and not two small islands , .....

currency from a hut , and who was saying again that we would only get dust from huts , .......

have a nice day
Old July 22, 2003, 10:40   #9
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 06:04
Still think we are a long way from Invention MrWIA? This war with the Iroquis will net us at the least Construction, maybe it will get us Engineering (if you can get us const in a trade with some country). Bam! One step away from Invention. Our Archers will not be able to be made soon enough.
Old July 22, 2003, 22:43   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:04
Massive trading of maps?

What does this mean? Did you go ahead with the WM trading idea? Did we make money, lose it?

don - I'll look at that as soon as I can, But remember Invention is two techs into the incredibly expensive Medieval Era, so we would HAVE to get both off of the Iroqs or some other poor bastars (Ottomans anyone? ). There's no way we could research our way there ourselves.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 23, 2003, 01:10   #11
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
LARGE unclaimed island

It must be one island since Barbs are on the Eastern shore.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old July 23, 2003, 09:28   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Sorry WIA.

Im having home comp troubles, and we all know Poly was having a bad day yesterday...

Details on the map trades

We got Currency from the hut. It was decided in chat to trade that around.

Sequence as follows:

Sell TM for 1 gold to all who did NOT need Currency

Sell Currency to all who needed it for ALL THEIR GOLD + WM

Sell WM to richest civs for Gold
Sell WM for poor civs for Gold + WM
RESELL WM to Rich civs for Gold +WM (was getting 50 gold + WM by now, and it was a difference of 1 gold between getting WM's and just more gold. In the end, I got all that back by reselling what they didn't have back to them)
And kept selling till everyone had it and I had all maps (except Germany, obviously)

TOTAL NET INCOME FROM ALL THAT (45 min and 2 notebook pages worth....)

495 Gold + VERY up to date map.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 23, 2003, 09:30   #13
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas

--Togas
What? Does it spell out your name or something?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 24, 2003, 05:03   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:04
Excellent decision and very well done.

It seems not EVERY decision President UnOrthOdOx makes harms the nation.

Togas must doubtless be referring to how that unknown land of course has multiple amounts of every resource, and the sole source of oil, coal, aluminium and uranium.

Or DOES it Togas?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 24, 2003, 10:28   #15
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I have yet to see any of YOUR decisions prove as profitable there MrWIA! Perhaps we should check into exactly WHAT you have been whoring FOR? It certainly isn't gold that amounts to anything.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby