Old July 24, 2003, 10:28   #31
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
1 captured Lux worker (Trip) & a few barbarians is all I recall.
Old July 24, 2003, 10:40   #32
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 00:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
a few barbarians
Right, those Luxians.
Old July 25, 2003, 11:08   #33
Louis XV.
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Settler

Local Time: 06:05
Quote:
Originally posted by OliverFA
You didn't behave honourly with us, so don't ask us to do the same.
Could you please tell me where ND didn't behaved "honourly" with your team, before starting building up legends? I am really sorry, but I don't see any move where we betrayed the glorious team of RP.

Quote:
Do you want us to surrender right now and give the control of all Spain to you? (It is a rethoric question, I know that the answer is "yes" )
"yes"

Quote:
Honestly I didn't believe you were fool enough to attack them, but I secretly wanted that you did
Well, I am very pleased that we satisfied your wishes. It is always good when both sides are happy...
Old July 25, 2003, 11:25   #34
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis XV.
Could you please tell me where ND didn't behaved "honourly" with your team, before starting building up legends? I am really sorry, but I don't see any move where we betrayed the glorious team of RP.
Don't hold your breath, they've making these unsubstantiated claims even BEFORE we declared war.
Old July 25, 2003, 11:42   #35
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:05
To all those gentlemen fighting for honor, whereas we Spaniards recognize honestly that we fight for gold and power, I just say that all of us fight for what we are lacking most.
Old July 25, 2003, 11:52   #36
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

The Methods to fight for gold and Power make me curious.
It must be a realy mislead therory if you think you gain Power and gold by abandoning citys to a third party.
Old July 25, 2003, 11:56   #37
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVOUT
To all those gentlemen fighting for honor, whereas we Spaniards recognize honestly that we fight for gold and power, I just say that all of us fight for what we are lacking most.
Then my friend, I do believe should reverse your post as it you Spaniards who horde the gold and the Luxury supply of the known worlde.
Old July 25, 2003, 12:30   #38
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill
The Methods to fight for gold and Power make me curious.
It must be a realy mislead therory if you think you gain Power and gold by abandoning citys to a third party.
Never heard of strategical withdrawal ? (Sun Zu and al. chap. 72 Verse 168) :
Old July 25, 2003, 12:34   #39
DAVOUT
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Then my friend, I do believe should reverse your post as it you Spaniards who horde the gold and the Luxury supply of the known worlde.
Better to be envied than pitied ... but it sometimes results in gross exaggeration !
Old July 25, 2003, 12:52   #40
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:05
Davout, what do you mean chapter 72? There are only 13 chapters. Unless you hold the other, missing 59 chapters (in which case, can I have a peek? )
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 25, 2003, 12:55   #41
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

The Spanish stole them! They are preventing the world from viewing literary masterpieces! This is a crime against humanity!
Old July 25, 2003, 13:06   #42
DAVOUT
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Davout, what do you mean chapter 72? There are only 13 chapters. Unless you hold the other, missing 59 chapters (in which case, can I have a peek? )
Chapters 14 through 79 are in the sequel *Sun Zu in Spain* which describe many aspects of war that you are apparently (and unfortunately) ignoring.
Old July 25, 2003, 13:10   #43
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:

Chapters 14 through 79 are in the sequel *Sun Zu in Spain* which describe many aspects of war that you are apparently (and unfortunately) ignoring.
Like how to give your cities away as rapidly as possible?

/me tries to remember how many Luxians joined the Roleplay team.....
Old July 25, 2003, 13:26   #44
DAVOUT
King

Quote:

Like how to give your cities away as rapidly as possible?
That is the general idea :

Chapter 36

Indigestion

When your enemy is on the offence, give them more than they can hold, more that they can drink, more than they can eat, more that they can f**k, more than they can occupy, more than they can enjoy

And when they are exhausted, overweight, immobile

Then put an end to their sufferings.
Old July 25, 2003, 14:56   #45
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Oh, so GS is your enemy then?

They are the ones you are giving these things to...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 25, 2003, 15:07   #46
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Oh, so GS is your enemy then?

They are the ones you are giving these things to...
No one has ever hidden the Grand Alliance of ND, GS, and GoW against Roleplay.

GS has been by far the most successful of the three allies at conquering Roleplay.
Old July 25, 2003, 15:28   #47
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I have to ask though.

Bilbao was lost, I can see that.

YOU GUYS HAD A NICE BIG STACK IN TOLEDO.

What gives?

/me thinks the Roleplay team should have perhaps chosen to play France...

/me dodges the rotten squid flung in his direction

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 25, 2003, 15:30   #48
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
YOU GUYS HAD A NICE BIG STACK IN TOLEDO.
That's assuming they moved that Huge Stack of Pikemen into Toledo, I could've been wrong and they moved it back to Pamplona or New Madrid (which they finally moved to where it should have been founded the first time).
Old July 25, 2003, 15:35   #49
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

There was no road on the grass. It had to go into Toledo this turn. Could have moved on from there.

Perhaps they needed that stack to Pamplona sooner though...

Still, a size six productive city with walls, a river limiting access, and well defended with pikes and MI...why give that up?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 25, 2003, 15:43   #50
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

True, but it could be out of our view range. Then again with the city gifting tactics they may have disbanded the whole stack. It's gotta be very expensive to support that huge military when your giving away your largest cities every turn.....
Old July 25, 2003, 15:54   #51
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

True.

Perhaps they have a RoP with GS, temporary or otherwise, and it is sitting there atop a mountain waiting to block our next moves.

I saw the logic in Bilbao. This confuses me, though. Their best defense was that accursed jungle that ate up all movement points. Now their giving away all their cities along that natural defense....

And after all the big talk of surprises and death traps, I was hoping for something more than the latest modification to Lux's age old strategy of burn everything in sight. But apparantly Spains army is full of as much hot air as it's diplomacy.

It will be fun to see just how much they will gift away before HAVING to fight. I say we leave Pamplona. An eternal testiment to the folly of gifting all else away. With no resources or trade routes. A worhtless city, and a more humiliating fate than death. They would have less influence than even Vox. At least Vox has a chance to grow again...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 25, 2003, 16:54   #52
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:05
Do you guys always think out loud in the public forum?
Old July 25, 2003, 17:07   #53
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Do you guys always think out loud in the public forum?
How did Arnelos get into the GoW Forum?

What the? This is the public forum, UnOrthO!

We better watch what we say!
Old July 25, 2003, 17:08   #54
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 02:05
Old July 25, 2003, 17:10   #55
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 23:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:

How did Arnelos get into the GoW Forum?

What the? This is the public forum, UnOrthO!

We better watch what we say!
Apparently the public forum IS the GoW forum lately.
Old July 26, 2003, 09:48   #56
Louis XV.
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Settler

Local Time: 06:05
Quote:
Sorry? Where did I say that we fight FOR honour? I only said that we respect the principe of honour and didn't betray the Spanish team.

Actually we fight for Squid (what we are lacking most...)

Old July 26, 2003, 10:10   #57
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 02:05
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Mmm, squid.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old July 26, 2003, 14:07   #58
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
True, but it could be out of our view range. Then again with the city gifting tactics they may have disbanded the whole stack. It's gotta be very expensive to support that huge military when your giving away your largest cities every turn.....
Unless ciertain other teams are financing them perhaps??...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old July 26, 2003, 14:25   #59
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen

Unless ciertain other teams are financing them perhaps??...
ND isn't supporting them, Roleplay has declared a Crusade to the Death against GoW and GS, I don't think Vox has too much spare change, and Lego appears to have washed its hands of this whole conflict.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; July 26, 2003 at 21:40.
Old July 26, 2003, 21:25   #60
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

ND is crusading to our death?

Damn, I've been away too long, what the hell did we do now?

Well, I guess that would be one hell of a pincer move we could pull then...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby