Old September 18, 2003, 11:34   #31
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 07:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Flubber I wonder would the PUT accept a trade a few years from now for the reasons you gave about mimimising our tech costs (of course they could say we could senf flex right away and then we ask when we are ready).

I wonder could be delay flex until MY 2140 at least.

A lot depends on whether Cycon acquire Doc: Flex from the AI' or not next turn.

(As you can see I am inclined to call the Borg bluff) Next turn we will know if the Borg have been successful or not. If they are successful that make us speed up our delivery date to the Cycon.
Old September 19, 2003, 21:18   #32
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 01:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
(As you can see I am inclined to call the Borg bluff) Next turn we will know if the Borg have been successful or not. If they are successful that make us speed up our delivery date to the Cycon.
Do you mean delivery date to the PUT, Hive or Drones, or do you really mean Cycon (after all, Cycon=Borg)?

BTW, I am already indifferent to whether or not we make any more deals with the Borg, as their negotiating style is too much of a PIA - especially if they continue being a second rate research power.
Old September 19, 2003, 23:08   #33
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 07:08
Thankfully they were not successful. Yes I meant delivery to the other factions.

Meanwhile look at mid turn 2136 for next considerations
Old September 21, 2003, 13:27   #34
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 00:08
Latest from the PUT

-----------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Trade negotiations
Honored Ambassador Flubber,

I would like to inform you that the Faculty is willing to make the Secrets of the Human Brain available for exchange. As such, I have been instructed to offer to trade our Secrets of the Human Brain for your Doctrine: Flexibility.

Regards,

Ambassador Sunrise

Old September 21, 2003, 13:29   #35
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 00:08
Quote:
Originally posted by johndmuller

BTW, I am already indifferent to whether or not we make any more deals with the Borg, as their negotiating style is too much of a PIA - especially if they continue being a second rate research power.
I tend to agree but I would like to keep them friendly and get something for our doc flex and then trade it widely