Old July 26, 2003, 11:02   #31
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 06:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
This site might help with some of your questions: http://home.att.net/~sjcfg/main.html

Apolyton-The Book

(Sidgames went defunct sometime in June/Nov 2001, I think)

[It's good that you're interested in apolyton history- It'll soon come around to help you in a very very very good way *note- you'll see just how later today! ]
Old July 26, 2003, 11:10   #32
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 09:11
Apolyton the book still needs an update, DC!
Old July 26, 2003, 11:14   #33
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 07:11
And the new 'Poly 100 list.............what could be a better time than the 5th birthday? Perhaps that is why Darkcloud meant in his enigmatic comment above.
Old July 26, 2003, 11:19   #34
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
And the new 'Poly 100 list.............what could be a better time than the 5th birthday? Perhaps that is why Darkcloud meant in his enigmatic comment above.
... you never know.

[Solver- yes, I remember- I'll try to get to work on that and yes, I still remember your gracious offer...]

-
All of us in the staff room (well at least myself) are/am currently looking forward to the upcoming special feature that Dan is going to post in a few hours/minutes/seconds... hopefully all the 'polyzens will enjoy it
Old July 26, 2003, 11:21   #35
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Quote:
and yes, I still remember your gracious offer...
I don't...
Old July 26, 2003, 11:23   #36
DarkCloud
staff

your offer to write up something that you know about for the history book.
Old July 26, 2003, 11:28   #37
Solver
lifer
Deity

I did? I believe that I submitted Area 19 to you and you included it... is there anything else I know?
Old July 26, 2003, 11:33   #38
DarkCloud
staff

You mentioned it in a thread just last month when we were talking about this... The topped thread, remember?
Old July 26, 2003, 11:43   #39
Solver
lifer
Deity

Absolutely don't remember. What topped thread? What last month? Was I drunk or what?

Link?
Old July 26, 2003, 11:53   #40
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 01:11
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
This site might help with some of your questions: http://home.att.net/~sjcfg/main.html

Apolyton-The Book

(Sidgames went defunct sometime in June/Nov 2001, I think)

[It's good that you're interested in apolyton history- It'll soon come around to help you in a very very very good way *note- you'll see just how later today! ]
Good link...Thanks! The area 19 incident article was great. Thanks Solver.

anxiously awaiting today's addition to poly history!!
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old July 26, 2003, 15:35   #41
DarkCloud
staff

Solver- it's in the staff room. It's the thread by DanQ... Here, I'll PM you more detalis if need be just ask.

-
You are welcome PLATO.
Old July 26, 2003, 15:36   #42
:) Smiley
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 23:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Which cam first, Area 25 or Area 19? And how did one of them manage to survive after the first?
Old July 26, 2003, 15:44   #43
DarkCloud
staff

Area 25 was first.

Area 19 was created sometime later, possibly as an april fools joke, and left open.

area 25 had more posts and more posters banned as a result of it. (some for 2 weeks... and some people got a 50% PCR... I think snapcase might have gotten 50%, I don't know- I know I have a list of the punished on my site somewhere so you can find the details.)
Old July 26, 2003, 16:16   #44
Solver
lifer
Deity

Area 19 was not an April's fool joke.

And DC, I'm looking in the staff room, and see no mention of anything related to the book, PM me then .
Old July 26, 2003, 16:47   #45
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 01:11
This thread will remain locked until AFTER the conclusion of the Veteran Trivia Contest... And if you have to ask why, you aren't thinking

And if you think you know it all... feel free to put your knowledge to the test at...

http://apolyton.net/about/5years/veterans_contest.shtml

Last edited by Ming; July 26, 2003 at 16:52.