Old July 28, 2003, 16:52   #31
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 00:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I don't think the Civ3 game itself is to blame (though it does take some of it - I know it would take a while to load using the heap of junk my computer is. The site's other DGs have ciphered away participation as well, making this almost a sideshow.

However, I think everyone remembers the game's heyday. That was when the political game was more exciting than the Civ3 stuff. I think that if we can find ways to revive political parties, cause competition for positions, etc, we can really get this thing moving again. A new system of government would have to used (see Aidun's old calls for a monarchy), but it's possibile.
Old July 28, 2003, 16:53   #32
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 01:16
Perhaps we could vote for succession or council as opponents to presidential candidates, with a runoff between the top 2... Random thought for future games someone might like.
Old July 28, 2003, 17:16   #33
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 00:16
With the $MiniGame system we're proposing, there should be political alliances, greed, and backstabbing generated by the workings of the game.
Old July 28, 2003, 17:47   #34
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:16
I've been thinking about this for a while now, the world has changed, no longer are people satisfied with the limitations of single player the human interaction is what makes this game interesting. I like Rhoth's points but doubt that carrying on in succession style would provide enough excitement for me to visit here. A simple restart would be pretty much the same as the vital human element would be lacking.

If this game is to be interesting other than a few people in a chat room it needs to have a huge human interaction aspect, changing or sexing up the actual game will not alter much.

Perhaps a massive role-playing aspect or maybe some political parties thing or something like that....... More joking more fun.....

Other than that in terms of the actual game I think a restart with diff level chieftan - prince would be best. Thus allowing things to go beyond the game.

Last time concerns about the game came up someone made a comment along the lines of; how can we have fun or act Viking and say.. attack the Zulus, this is Deity and we'd lose.