Old July 27, 2003, 20:37   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 01:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
NKVD Maps of inner Germany
Courtesy of the NKVD wonder, we now have detailed maps of the heart of Germany.
Old July 27, 2003, 21:31   #2
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 16:25
And I can "Just" see the feet and noses of my other front commander's troops in the region hehehe

They are catching up quite quickly though
Old July 28, 2003, 03:44   #3
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

I'll have to recommission that Cossack calvary. He might be fairly reluctant.
Old August 1, 2003, 12:04   #4
Bossy20000
Prince

Local Time: 07:25
What have we set as our targets for a victory in this war? Was it just Berlin, or all the key German cities?
Old August 4, 2003, 17:19   #5
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

For Discussion
Starting in the North...

Baltic: Advance on Danzig along with the NorthWest Front, after that head to Rostock, Kiel and Denmark.

NorthWest Front: Advance from Neustralitz after capturing Danzig, taking Wittenberge, Luteburg, Hamburg and Bremen

Belorussian Front: Take Dresden, Leipzig, then head west to Hannover and Munster, at which point it will turn south at Frankfurt.

1st UkranianTake Kirovgrad, then advance over the mountains at Krakow and Lvov to take Brno and Kosice. then taking Vienna, Prague and possibly Budapest. The advance west.

2nd Ukranian Advance down the Black Sea road into Romania then onto Sofia, Belgrade, Sarejevo and Tirana.

Possibly add another front between the 2nd Ukranian and 1st Ukranian, call it the Slovakia Front which would advance from Kishinev to Budapest and then west to Munich alongside the 1st Ukranian Front.

I propose the game be declared over when we have captured Belgrade, Vienna, Hannover, Hamburg, Kiel and the Finnish town of Vaasa.

Other Cities of prominence that can be captured are Tirana, Sarejevo, Prague, Munich, Frankfurt, Whilhelmshaven, Coppenhagen, Kiruna, Bodo and Narrvik. These are not required to finish the game, only bragging rights to the commander.

Discuss
Old August 4, 2003, 17:19   #6
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 23:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
I think our stated goal was to advance at least as far as the Soviet Union did historically by scenario's end.

I think its safe to say, we should be able to accoplish this...

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old August 4, 2003, 18:41   #7
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Maybe we should hold up the drive on Germany until we liberate all of the Soviet Union? It's a shame to leave Soviet citizens under German control while we are marching into their heartland!
Old August 4, 2003, 19:04   #8
H Tower

Already I have directed to the economic minister to devote most of the funding to the 2nd ukranian front area, and the best troops from the urals head in that direction or the 1st ukranian front as well, how much more should we slow up the advance in the north? Plan your advances carefully, do not overreach, or let your forces become strung out on the road, that is best I think. A slow, steady advance of massed firepower will bring us few casulties in the winter I believe since German planes cannot rain death down upon us.
Old August 4, 2003, 19:17   #9
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 06:25
Looks like I am racing Baltic Front to Hamburg (he'll need it to get to Denmark), other than that, I'm fine with the assignement. Wittenberg is where Hamlet studied, right? You've never heard Hamlet until you've heard it in the original Russian.

As for overall goals, I'm content to play until Germany and Norway are completely overrun, but that may be boring for some. I also think some of the Italian cities should be added for bragging rights.

I also don't think a 3rd front is needed, as Belorussian is being encouraged to move south, (and hopefully leave glory in the north for our northern commanders).

I also see that Murmansk front is not listed a route of advance. Are they to concentrate first on Finland, and then Norway? We may want to rethink sending more of an effort into Norway, since the Germans have had luck intercepting some of the convoys, though Norway is hilly.

Also, shouldn't we perhaps some of the fronts? Belorussian sounds especially weird, and the Ukraine fronts will soon be leaving that area as well.
Old August 4, 2003, 19:50   #10
H Tower

Of course names can be changed, I'd love to hear some of the ideas that commanders and workers have.

Murmansk Front could be changed to Finnish Front or the Scandanavian Front.
Baltic should stay the same IMO.
I don't have any ideas on how to rename the NorthWest Front could be renamed.
Belorussian Front could be renamed the Central Germany Front or maybe Bavarian Front.
1st Ukraine could be the Czechloslovakian Front.
2nd Ukranian would be the Balkan Front.

Murmansk Front Plan (possibly) Completely remove Finland from the Earth. I would also like to see Kiruna (swedish city) taken. It would provide a good airbase to help in any Norweigan campaign because German ships cannot bombard it. With Kiruna, Bodo and Narvik would be easy prey for Shturmoviks.

Do my eyes decieve me, or is Trondheim really undefended this turn and within reach of our Cossack cavalry brigade next turn?

Also, after wiping out the Finns, an amphibious landing could be attempted near stockholm from Turku.

CLARIFICATION The units approaching Kaunas from the south (1 Su-122, 2 T34/85s, 1 Kv-1, 1 Partisans and 1 Partisan)and the units approaching Bydgoszoz from the south east(1 t34/85, 1 NKVD and 1 Partisan) now fall under the command of the NorthWest Front.

There are also 2 T34/85s and 1 Siberian Trooper two spaces North of Bialystok, I'm thinking of giving them to the NorthWest Front as well, which despite being paired down quite a bit, is still one of the, if not the strongest fronts still. Thoughts from the 2 commanders in question would be extremely helpful
Old August 4, 2003, 21:13   #11
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

I like the sound of Scandinavian Front. The North-West front could become the Northern German Front.

I'll see what I can do with eliminating the Scandinavian problem with what you suggested
Old August 4, 2003, 21:22   #12
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 06:25
Scandanavian Front is good. NW front into North Germany has a problem, in that Baltic front, once extended, will be operating in Germany proper north of me. I wish I knew German geography better so I could give it a better name, otherwise I'll get stuck with something like 2nd northern front, or the Not Extremely Northern Germany Front.

As for troop movements, no complaints if I get earmarked more troops. It gives me the options to pound the fortified Kaunas, or Danzig for this turn as well. Also, it would take a while for these troops in winter to get into position to support the new Belorussian objectives, so all good with me. For now.
Old August 5, 2003, 00:24   #13
H Tower

Yes, eventually both the Not-so-northern Front and the Baltic Front will be supplied by way of Vilnius through Kaunas. I'm really glad I figured that one out, the nightmare path that they've previously taken through Kholm has made me toss and turn at night when envisioning the advance.
Old August 5, 2003, 03:28   #14
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

The baltic front would be quite content to race the Murmansk/Scandinavian front for Norwegian cities...
And has allready been noted, same for Hamburg and the North Western front (though my danish campaign will probably begin with a naval raid against Copenhagen which as of now is unguarded).
Old August 5, 2003, 03:32   #15
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
Murmansk Front Plan (possibly) Completely remove Finland from the Earth. I would also like to see Kiruna (swedish city) taken. It would provide a good airbase to help in any Norweigan campaign because German ships cannot bombard it. With Kiruna, Bodo and Narvik would be easy prey for Shturmoviks.
Not to mention that Kiruna would be a great place from which to controll the Swedish iron fields production! This is the place where the steel all german Tigers are made of is mined...
Old August 5, 2003, 05:16   #16
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 08:25
But, won't my front be allowed to advance to Italy? that makes it the "Italian Front"!

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old August 5, 2003, 09:40   #17
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by FiGu
But, won't my front be allowed to advance to Italy? that makes it the "Italian Front"!
Isn't it a bit early to talk of Italy when Stalino is still in German hands?
Old August 5, 2003, 13:49   #18
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
The baltic front would be quite content to race the Murmansk/Scandinavian front for Norwegian cities...
And has allready been noted, same for Hamburg and the North Western front (though my danish campaign will probably begin with a naval raid against Copenhagen which as of now is unguarded).
Yes, that seems an excellent suggestion, after all the front is named the Baltic front, and should help conquer all the cities along the Baltic, north as well as south.

All the finnish cities have 88's so this will take some time to crush compared with the more lightly defended swedish and danish cities.
Old August 5, 2003, 14:22   #19
The ANZAC
King

Don't the Swedish cities have bunkers in them?
Old August 5, 2003, 15:23   #20
Bossy20000
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

Isn't it a bit early to talk of Italy when Stalino is still in German hands?
It's never to early to talk about bringing the Italian fascist on their knees. Soon, we will teach Mussolini a lesson he won't forget!!!
Old August 5, 2003, 16:14   #21
Henrik
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
Don't the Swedish cities have bunkers in them?
I thought so too?

Still even bunkers can be brought down.

Here is the ultimate test of our war machine
Old August 5, 2003, 17:42   #22
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik
Here is the ultimate test of our war machine
Not to mention the ultimate test of our engineers who must create roads for our troops where there never was before