Old July 31, 2003, 07:02   #151
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
There have been a couple of replies since.. but I cant be bothered bringing them over

Here was my last post in the thread

Quote:
Originally posted by nbarclay

Still, I get extremely irritated when members of GoW try to portray our honor as worthless. There is a long way between "not quite 100% perfect" and worthless.

Nathan

Nah... I would probably say it is worthless.

GS put themselves on this pedestal as being the most almighty righteousness civ in the game.
The above couple of posts seem to indicate that GS broke the NAP just to “even the score” with GoW. Thats fair enough, we are doing the same to RP.
Don’t start blaming us if we feel we have to point out that your honour code ain’t worth **** anymore.
Old July 31, 2003, 07:24   #152
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 00:36
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
MZ: You are complaining to GS about the "spirit" of a NAP you had with them when you should look at your own actions against RP, a team you had a NAP with, before you complaign any further to GS or the world at large.
umm, just in case you forgot last week's trash-talking sessions...

RP and GoW didn't have a NAP!!!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old July 31, 2003, 07:43   #153
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 06:36
[out of PTWDG voice]

I find it completely facinating that all sides in this debacle are all pointing fingers at each other and accusing each other of the same thing.

At every stage, this game has mimicked the real world. I am now trying to comprehend the implications of this.

We have done an excellent job of everyone trying to win, or....

Our real leaders have actually done a good getting us to this point.

[/out of PTWDG voice]

Donegeal: Mom!!!!! Gathering Storm is Cheating!!!!
Nathan: Oh, man! He's getting his mom! Let's get out of here!
Don's mom: Alright you little twerps! Get back over here and play nice!

Everybody scatters. They forget the GAME and go on to something else. Except Don. Don gets grounded for a week. Thanks guys!
Old July 31, 2003, 07:46   #154
vulture
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 07:36
GAME?? You mean this is a GAME???

Heretic.
Old July 31, 2003, 08:16   #155
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:36
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
umm, just in case you forgot last week's trash-talking sessions...

RP and GoW didn't have a NAP!!!

In Nathan's words: We have an MPP but we don't have a NAP = we have four rocks but we don't have two rocks.

I am willing to accept that other teams may have different ideas of what certain clauses and certain wording implies, but to repeatedly underplay some agreements and overplay other agreements is plain manipulation of words, MZ.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 31, 2003, 09:22   #156
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Am I the only one who really loves these kind of threads, the emotion and desire expressed in these threads is so much more appealing than the usual stuff. Accusations and slander add a whole new dimention to the game and make things alot more interesting and emotional when it comes to crunch time.
Old July 31, 2003, 10:08   #157
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:36
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
Am I the only one who really loves these kind of threads, the emotion and desire expressed in these threads is so much more appealing than the usual stuff. Accusations and slander add a whole new dimention to the game and make things alot more interesting and emotional when it comes to crunch time.
100% agree....
Havent had as much fun since the Vox-GS slagfest
Old July 31, 2003, 10:13   #158
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

100% disagree, obviously.

You guys do whatever makes it more fun for you. If slander, abuse and personal attacks are what keeps your interest in the game then ... so be it, but you're all very weird.
Old July 31, 2003, 10:28   #159
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
In the the 'spirit' of every MPP there's a NAP. And within that 'spirit' is the 'spririt' that you shall not do 'hostile act' towards the team you have that agreement with.

I realize that most of this is open for interpretation. GoW obviously sees it one way and RP sees it another and possibly each team in this game sees it differently than each other one! It's human nature to cast shadows on a subject in a way that shows your actions in the best possible light.

Perhaps we truly need a UN; a body or bodies who can interpret things in-game and out as to it's intended meanings and the 'spirit' of agreements and the game mechanic questions.
Old July 31, 2003, 13:16   #160
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 22:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
Oh yeah, as long as everyone keeps it in perspective and realizes that this is all a game nonetheless (I mean hell, I work with the smelly MZ guy in the ISDG anyway).

Besides, OPD, you're ugly and you stink!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old July 31, 2003, 13:23   #161
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:36
Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
but you're all very weird.
It is the untold criteria to be admitted here.
Old July 31, 2003, 13:26   #162
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:36
I'm fine with trash-talking, it's arguing what the definition of is is that annoys the crap out of me.

Some of you don't seem to understand that you aren't winning any points and certainly aren't winning any supporters by continuing to argue this well past the point of the argument's usefulness.

If you progressed to new topics, that could be interesting (that's what we did in the old SPDG campaign threads ), but simply re-hashing to same jaded arguments over and over and over (both sides...) gets boring.

It seems to me that no one of the set of people you desire to convince is really listening anymore or really cares.

But if you want to continue wasting your time, fine by me.
Old July 31, 2003, 13:38   #163
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 02:36
Thank you Arnelos.

My new topic for discussion is that Roleplay sucks.

Or has that been discussed previously?
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old July 31, 2003, 15:17   #164
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
In the the 'spirit' of every MPP there's a NAP. And within that 'spirit' is the 'spririt' that you shall not do 'hostile act' towards the team you have that agreement with.

BF, I think we already went over this countless times, if RP really though MPP=NAP, then why did you explicitly try to include a NAP during the negotiations for a second treaty?

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old July 31, 2003, 15:18   #165
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
It seems to me that no one of the set of people you desire to convince is really listening anymore or really cares.
Willing to bet on it?

Old July 31, 2003, 15:19   #166
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
Amen to that!!

Old July 31, 2003, 15:39   #167
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:36
Quote:
BF, I think we already went over this countless times, if RP really though MPP=NAP, then why did you explicitly try to include a NAP during the negotiations for a second treaty?

Because they were expecting GoW to creatively reinterpret the MPP agreement, in light of their past?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 31, 2003, 19:13   #168
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
Yup. I agree. Just have to keep it all in perspective.

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet:
"but you're all very weird."

Response by Davout: "It is the untold criteria to be admitted here."
Old July 31, 2003, 19:17   #169
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Re: Re: The Glory of Manifestos
Quote:

Further, while I admit that Gathering Storm took advantage of an agreement between our teams to favor our interests over yours, was not your entire purpose in requesting the agreement in the first place to manipulate us into acceeding to your interests at the clear expense of our own? You and Neu Demogyptica had already decided to divide Bob between yourselves and, further, had essentially decided that there would be no place for any significant Gathering Storm presence there (if any presence at all).
Gee - I sort of remember quoting almost exactly those same words regarding a settlement on Bob some 1000+ years ago.
Old July 31, 2003, 20:09   #170
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

At a risk of beating the tattered skeleton of what was once, in the distant past, a horse, I'd like to counter GoW's analogy with another analogy.

Suppose, when we cut off Vox's iron, they had also been at war with Glory of Pigeons. (Disclaimer: the names used for hypothetical teams are strictly fictional and are not intended to represent any real teams, living or dead.) And suppose, in turn, that a war was in the process of starting between Glory of Pigeons and Gathering Ducks. Gathering Ducks sees that Vox is at war with their near-future enemy, Glory of Pigeons. They want Vox to survive, prosper, and do as much damage to Glory of Pigeons as possible. Therefore, they supply Vox with iron.

In a situation such as that, would supplying Vox with iron have constituted a hostile act by Gathering Ducks against Gathering Storm? No. It would have constituted a hostile act against Glory of Pigeons, and an act of friendship toward a nation that Gathering Ducks had a common enemy with, but the fact that Gathering Storm got hurt would have been a side effect of an action that's real target was someone else entirely. Gathering Storm would still have regarded the matter as anywhere from annoying to a cause for war (assuming we weren't bound by a NAP), depending on how we felt about Gathering Ducks and Glory of Pigeons at the time, but calling it a hostile act against us when the real target was Glory of Pigeons would have been a serious stretch.

Similarly, while our NAP precluded our treating GoW as an enemy, we and RP did have a common enemy nonetheless: Neu Demogyptica. That gave us reasons completely independent of our feelings toward GoW to want RP to be as healthy as possible and as able to put troops on their front lines with ND as possible under the circumstances.

Looking purely through the lenses of how our actions affected GoW, I can see how they could construe our actions as hostile acts against them. That's why GS hasn't tried to start flaming GoW as deal-breakers in this matter. But the reality is that we were pursuing a course that would help GS against ND without causing any genuine harm to GoW (except, of course, to their ambitions for an easy conquest of our ally) along the way.
Old July 31, 2003, 20:24   #171
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
Glory of Pigeons
There is never glory in pigeons

What is the quickest way to make a city look horrible? War or Pigeons?

BTW, thats a good theme for a PTWDG III team.

Although I think most believe war to be much more agreeable then pigeons.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old July 31, 2003, 20:25   #172
Master Zen
Deity

Ah but the difference is that the Glory of Pigeons would know from the start that supplying iron would have ment indirect harm to Gathering Ducks, it is imppossible to deny the hostility of that act towards another team regarldess of being allied with Bux

Thus, impeding the advance of the Glory of Pigeons against Horseplay constituted a hostile act by the Gathering Ducks as well as on the Old Demopigtica front, all at this time when Playmobiland remained idle.

We can also make analogies between the situation which pitted Old Demopigtica and Flux Vulnerablia that that's another story...

Old July 31, 2003, 20:28   #173
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
To set the record straight, if it wasn't me bugging you, you would have never answered me.
Bull hockey! However the fact that you are so arrogant that you feel you can read my mind is fairly amusing.
Old July 31, 2003, 21:43   #174
Master Zen
Deity

I never said I could read your mind, all I said that we felt ignored since we were not given answers on time and your team has admitted there were mistakes in sending PMs.

Diplomatic mistakes happen, sure, but look at the consequences: war.

Old July 31, 2003, 22:18   #175
Panzer32
Emperor

Quote:
Ah but the difference is that the Glory of Pigeons would know from the start that supplying iron would have ment indirect harm to Gathering Ducks, it is imppossible to deny the hostility of that act towards another team regarldess of being allied with Bux

Thus, impeding the advance of the Glory of Pigeons against Horseplay constituted a hostile act by the Gathering Ducks as well as on the Old Demopigtica front, all at this time when Playmobiland remained idle.

We can also make analogies between the situation which pitted Old Demopigtica and Flux Vulnerablia that that's another story...
quit turning my witty proceedings into propaganda
---------
May God Bless.
Old July 31, 2003, 22:54   #176
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
It would seem that in your language, "hostile" means "detrimental," while in ours, it means "for the purpose of causing harm". Would you care to suggest a suitable torture for the incompetent translators responsible for this mess?
Old July 31, 2003, 23:44   #177
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:

It would seem that in your language, "hostile" means "detrimental," while in ours, it means "for the purpose of causing harm". Would you care to suggest a suitable torture for the incompetent translators responsible for this mess?
Yes, forcing that person to play as Korea during the rest of his existance.

Old August 2, 2003, 13:51   #178
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

As I've been away for more than a week because of moving, just coming back and reading this thread has lifted my spirits somewhat. This whole thing is choice....

E_T
Old August 2, 2003, 19:10   #179
nbarclay
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32

There is never glory in pigeons
Right. Glory of Pigeons does not exist. Doesn't that make it a perfect name for a team that does not exist?
Old August 2, 2003, 20:19   #180
Panzer32
Emperor

No it doesn't. It makes me think of the extreme concentrations of uric acid in bird's well... you know
---------
May God Bless.