Old July 31, 2003, 01:48   #1
Caligo
Settler

Local Time: 06:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Scoring and ratings...
I'm not sure if these are connected, but I have three simple questions. First off, how do I increase my score? I always seem to start off well but score levels off and I end up in last place for this category. My second question deals with the civ rankings that come up from time to time. What's the trick to it? How do I get a higher rating? And finally the leader rating at the end of a game. Same question, what is it looking for? Thanks.

~GC
Old July 31, 2003, 04:42   #2
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

A lot of excellent info on the scoring system here: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3acad_maxscore.shtml
Old July 31, 2003, 07:08   #3
bobbo008
Prince

Local Time: 00:40
"My second question deals with the civ rankings that come up from time to time"

if you'll notice, they'll be different things such as "the happiest civs", "most powerful civs, "largest civs", and maybe another one, not sure. i've heard they pop up every 1000 years, but havent verified that yet. from looking at them, i'd assume they are simple, such as the happiest civs having the highest approval rating, most powerful with the largest/strongest army, and largest the civs with the most territory.
Old July 31, 2003, 19:44   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:40
Re: Scoring and ratings...
Quote:
Originally posted by Caligo
I'm not sure if these are connected, but I have three simple questions. First off, how do I increase my score? I always seem to start off well but score levels off and I end up in last place for this category. My second question deals with the civ rankings that come up from time to time. What's the trick to it? How do I get a higher rating? And finally the leader rating at the end of a game. Same question, what is it looking for? Thanks.

~GC
To increase your score you could turn off all condition, except conquest. Play the game out to year 2050. This is a milk run. You capture all the land and leave one city standing. Crank up the lux to get max happiness to increase those points. Get all the tech and wonders.
Increase the level of difficulty.
Ignore those post about ranking in the game. They are just an alert. If you will you will be rank number one, so all intermediate score mean noting.
You will need to win with a large margin, have very happy citizens. It is not hard to get Joan the magnificent. In the modern age, get all the lux types and have markets. Build the happy structres (temple, cath etc). Try to get some of the happy wonders. No pop rushing gov after ancient times, or etter yet at all.
Other factors come in, but you get the drift.
The other way is to do about the opposite. Bust the game in a very short time. You can get outrageous score by winning in the first day or as close to as you can. Yes it can be done.
Old August 1, 2003, 11:24   #5
Caligo
Settler

Thanks for the replies. I've suddenly become addicted to this game. vmxa1, when you say win in the first day do you mean on the first turn?
Old August 1, 2003, 11:56   #6
vmxa1
Deity

Yes but it just a trick. You do something like make map with only one tile that can be colonized. You go first and use the settler and the other civs will not be able to have a town. Game over.
On a tiny map you could win very early and get a large score. I forget the high end, but score could go around 30k.
I do not even remember my scores, I tend to click my out of the game once it ends.
I seem to recall about 7k as a decent score. I just peeked at mine and it only has the last game on a std map at emp. It was not a scoring run and was only 4600's.
Old August 1, 2003, 12:34   #7
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Isn't Aeson's record score about 65,000?
Old August 1, 2003, 17:45   #8
vmxa1
Deity

Could be, I only remeber some talk and some scores in the 30's. I do not know if that is the limit or not and it was before PTW, so maps are even bigger now.
Old August 1, 2003, 17:56   #9
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:40
Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
Isn't Aeson's record score about 65,000?

hi ,

some one claimed at cfc he got over 140 000 , ..... two months ago , ......

is this possible , ......

have a nice day
Old August 6, 2003, 03:03   #10
Lord_Davinator
PtWDG Roleplay
Warlord

Local Time: 12:10
vmxa1... that is quite an idea... never thought of it myself... but I don't get how you could get such a high score by winning the game that early....
Old August 6, 2003, 09:53   #11
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:40
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Davinator
vmxa1... that is quite an idea... never thought of it myself... but I don't get how you could get such a high score by winning the game that early....
hi ,

check the GOTM pages at www.civfanatics.com , its surprising to see what scores can be achieved , ......

have a nice day
Old August 6, 2003, 13:04   #12
vmxa1
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Davinator
The bonus for winning fast is very large by winning right away. It takes very little time to make a map with all water, except one small island. The land can be any size, so long as only one tile can be settled.
You cold make it a huge map and lots of civs, if you want.
Old August 7, 2003, 03:06   #13
zorbop
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

the trick is a tiny pangea map with aztecs, egyptians, or iroquois. it is a slaughter... but on higher than regent make sure to not face any militaristic or scientific civs (especialy not scienitific), as they start with free archers/spears instead of warriors.
Old August 7, 2003, 21:05   #14
Bamspeedy
Chieftain

The maximum early win bonus is 2050 minus the year of victory (treat BC years as a negative number) so that is: (2050-(-4000))= 6050* difficulty level (deity=6), so that is 36300, add to that a few more points for your 1 city, and you get 36360, or something like that.

You can score higher than that if you play on a huge map and milk to 2050 AD. Aeson's game had all victory conditions ON (he avoided triggering the victory conditions until the last turn).

I don't believe the 140,000 score, unless they turned off domination and gave themselves a whole bunch of settlers at the start.