Old July 31, 2003, 21:29   #1
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 02:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Why was Ghengis banned?
Can someone please explain to me why Ghengis was banned? If in fact he is.

And did he delete all his posts himself, or were they done by someone else?

And if by someone else - presumably the mod for this forum - can someone tell me who that is please.

Many thanks!
Old July 31, 2003, 21:35   #2
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:43
He has imposed a self ban and deleted his own posts.

The GoW hope he returns soon.
Old July 31, 2003, 22:01   #3
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Ah - OK. Do we know why?
Old July 31, 2003, 22:07   #4
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

apparently we were ridiculing him
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old July 31, 2003, 23:54   #5
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yep. Actually, this the second time (that I know of) that he's done this - I believe the last time was when he first left GoW. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old August 1, 2003, 00:06   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

What a cry baby. You'd think someone in the Armed Forces would be a little more mature and not quit games, re-join, quit again....

The guy sure likes to dish it out, but he can't take it.
Old August 1, 2003, 00:13   #7
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 00:43
A tad bit extremist as usual. What can I say...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old August 1, 2003, 04:24   #8
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:43
There's a little bit of Ghengis in all of us. It'd be a shame if he never came back.
Old August 1, 2003, 08:01   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I am not currently banned. The first time I deleted my post was when Team Sunshine was trying to get me permanently banned from Apolyton and several members reported that my posts were offensive and not appropriate for Apolyton.

This is the second time I deleted my posts. This time it was because a petition was started about my posts for members to sign their agreement for them to stop. Once again the initiator of the previous attempt to get me banned tried to start another drive to get me banned. The deleting of my posts wasn't done from spite or my embarassment of my posts. My posts were deleted by me to protect the PC people who cannot survive in world that consists of anything other than pretty flowers and perfumed breezes.

Therefore, once again I am refraining from posting sarcastic comments and/or team related views in this forum so that everyone can coexist in harmony without my "offensively evil" posts.

The mods haven't done anything to me, if anything they have been extrememly supportive and constuctive in their communication with me, especially Ming.

Personally, I think of lot of the issues members have with the mods comes from their unwillingness to admit they made a mistake. When I screw up, I admit and do whatever is necessary to make things right. If that means I am banned from the PTW DemoGame II because one team demanded it, so be it. If it means I can no longer post in the PTWDG Main Forum because other team members are offended by me, so be it.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; August 1, 2003 at 10:19.
Old August 1, 2003, 08:19   #10
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 08:43
You can't be serious, Ghengis. You're not talking about Shiber's thread, are you? Don't be so childish, that petition was not against you. I signed it, and surely I don't want you banned. I don't think your posts are "offensively evil" and I surely like your "mean" humour. Come to your senses, man.
--Woody Allen
Old August 1, 2003, 08:30   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

If it was only the petition, then no I wouldn't take it seriously, but there have been several messages and such behind the scenes (not on the forums) and some people view that petition more seriously than other.

I find it extremely irrating that there are people that have to attack others in a real life life and do all sorts of underhanded things to get them banned and kicked off of Apolyton and DemoGames just because they don't get along with them.

Especially ones, that request a person do something, then attack them on the public forums for doing exactly what they requested (two members of the PTW DemoGame come to mind).

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; August 1, 2003 at 08:51.
Old August 1, 2003, 08:40   #12
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Ghengis has taken the "crazy guy" act to a whole new level.

He cannot possibly be serious.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old August 1, 2003, 10:23   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arrian
Ghengis has taken the "crazy guy" act to a whole new level.

He cannot possibly be serious.

-Arrian
Can't we all get along?

From here on out I am going to Mr. Nice, poster child of the politically correct movement. This is so the opposite of my personality. If you can't beat them, join them.

I love everyone, I may not approve of slightly mean actions (afterall no one is completely mean) but the people themselves are wonderful!

Arrian may hate me on the outside, but his inner WarChicken views me as his friend.
Old August 1, 2003, 10:54   #14
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

deleted (it must be contagious )

dp
--Woody Allen
Old August 1, 2003, 10:54   #15
Tiberius
Emperor

Ghengis, if you are going to be Mr. Nice, I will lobby to get you banned from Apolyton I don't want a nice Ghengis, I want the original GhengisFarb, not some copycat!
--Woody Allen
Old August 1, 2003, 11:10   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiberius
Ghengis, if you are going to be Mr. Nice, I will lobby to get you banned from Apolyton I don't want a nice Ghengis, I want the original GhengisFarb, not some copycat!
You say that with your mouth, but your heart feels differently. The old Ghengis was a mean negative person, and needed to be sent to a very long time out.
(Seriously, I'm only going to be "nice" here as I haven't gotten reported by anyone elsewhere.)
Old August 1, 2003, 11:14   #17
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:43
Anyone who has been reporting your posts to a moderator is a total a**hole.
Old August 1, 2003, 12:46   #18
Tiberius
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
Anyone who has been reporting your posts to a moderator is a total a**hole.
I concur.
--Woody Allen
Old August 1, 2003, 13:38   #19
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

It is a childish act for people to report your posts GF. I may not like you, but you don't have to change the way you post for anyone. Some of your posts may have been borderline, but they were within acceptable Poly limits. Screw the ones that are sending you those messages that tell you otherwise. I would rather see you be able to express yourself freely than to have your freedoms stomped on by someone(s).
Old August 1, 2003, 13:55   #20
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

If anyone is so upset with Ghengis's posting habits that he would go as far as to report or threaten to report him, he should just put him on his ignore list and be done with it.
Whether a certain member should be banned is a decision reserved to the mods' discretion.
Now please don't force me to start another petition, this time entitled 'Bring Old Ghingy Back'.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 1, 2003, 14:36   #21
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

First I want to make clear that I am speaking in my name, and not on behalf of RP.

GF's comment didn't hurt me. If I had to name someone that hurt me (and I'm saying IF) I would choose other people before than him. It is clear that his comments are clearly funny.

One thing is true, and is that the first time I saw a GF's post when I first arrived at Apolyton I got a bad impression, but I only needed to stay a bit of time at Poly to apreciate him as one of the most funny members here. I really enjoy most of his posts.

And about Shiber's thread. Again no offense intended, but I didn't sign it because I don't think that we need it at the present moment. Maybe we will need it later, and definitely for the next PTW game it would be really useful some sort of UN and some preset rules (by the way, I remind you that RP sugested an UN-like organization long time ago) but what we are supposed to do (specially in times of war) is to attack each other verbaly, and it is really funny as long as it is done without losing the sense of humour.
Old August 1, 2003, 15:10   #22
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

What? GF banned? Nonsense. GF is one of the best players in the game. At the least, I always read threads with his replies first if for their mere humour value.

GF reported? I can't think of any Ghengis posts I've seen that have been deserving of reporting. They're all excellent. Anyone who reports them, is, by official proclomation of mrmitchell, a whiner.

I didn't see how Shiber's thread in any way was an anti-member or anti-team thing. I try to avoid the obvious flameathons, though, so I can't fully say what any anti-allegations would be based on.

Ghengis
Whiners
Anyone who continues on endlessly about it instead of playing the game
Old August 1, 2003, 16:03   #23
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I agree with virtually everything everyone has said, and would really like to see this thread die (I don't like seeing my name as the topic of a thread, unless its something stupid I started).

I do wish people who find me offensive would use the ignore list. I tried it with BigFree, but had to stop cause I got tired of clicking the "read this post" button.

Anyway, I love all of you friendly, happy people! BigFree (I know you like me deep, down inside. Okay, a little deeper. Deeper than that...), Beta(you silly little kidder), Hot_Enamel, Panzer32, Wittlich, Master Zen, FrustratedPoet, Tiberius, Arrian, Shiber (I even named a city after you, you cute little puppy you), OliverFA, and the wonderful mrmitchell.

And WhiteBandit, I love you to.
Old August 1, 2003, 16:24   #24
BigFree
Deity

I love you too man!
Old August 1, 2003, 16:38   #25
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

*Sniff*...isn't it just so great to see these two make up. It just...warms my heart.

Now how long will it be before one of them wants the other one's beer?
Old August 1, 2003, 16:42   #26
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
/me feels very lonely.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old August 1, 2003, 16:48   #27
Tiberius
Emperor

We love you too, Theseus
But we love also Ghengis

PS Bleah, so much love, I should join Sunshine team
--Woody Allen
Old August 1, 2003, 17:18   #28
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I love you too, Rhothaerill and Theseus.

I urge all teams in this game to gift their cities to one another and lets all merge into one common civ. Come on, we can do it!
Old August 1, 2003, 17:26   #29
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
You start. We have been known to accept a city here or there.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old August 1, 2003, 17:31   #30
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

I'm sure I speak for the rest of Vox that we'd be most happy to accept all of GoW's cities.

We'd even accept half of Roleplay's cities for our effort in averting the GoW half of the Bobian war.