Old August 2, 2003, 10:40   #31
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 01:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
So, is anyone planning on making a scenario with civ specific tech trees?

Though I guess I can't play it until they give the Americans the patch.

Sell your photos
Old August 2, 2003, 10:46   #32
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:45
With the release of Conquests only 3 months away I suppose that anyone planning to make a big mod or scenario would rather wait until then so they can make use of all the new features. I'm looking forward to seeing that the excellent members of the community come up with then.
Old August 2, 2003, 10:47   #33
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 08:45
i can think of a lot of good ideas... especially governements in world war scenarios (e.g. nationalism, fascism, democracies, pseudo-democracies). it would be nice if you could bind governements to war time production (mobilization)...

but then... i'm not a scenario maker

btw: when is the US/UK patch expected? i can't imagine it will be too long. 2 weeks?
Old August 2, 2003, 10:47   #34
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

the catering for Civ specific tech trees is good for scenario modding. Being able to display the whole map to start with is very useful as well.

It would be nice now to have the civ specific techs in a new era, to come after the Modern era.. it seems this would help users see the special tech trees and maybe allow for another era.

My mod has a total of 8 ages which fit into the eras, though they aren't true ages/eras.. just wait and see.

It would be useful to have Small Wonders which act fully like Normal Wonders, allowing a building in each city and maybe a expiry tech that ends the small wonder effects. This would make my Super Ages Civ mod a lot smaller and easier, i'm having to make a separate 8 wonders for each civ (may have to limit the amount of civs playable).

Sucks the English version is always the last out of the bag, I hope the patch will come soon - before the new XP at least.

What will the AI Patrolling option do? can someone test it who has the patch. It should be useful for my mod, where units mostly have movement of 2, and they always wander aimlessly around the map.. it may speed up the game, but will the AI be at a disadvantage if it can't scout and see units invading?

peter@artpac.demon.co.uk
Admiral PJ
sailing the big C coding plane.

Old August 2, 2003, 11:02   #35
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
* Fixed a bug causing the foreign advisor to display incorrectly in > 8 player Single Player games.
What does it mean ? Will we at last see more then 8 heads now ?
Old August 2, 2003, 11:05   #36
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I don't think so. The limit to 8 heads on the screen was a 'feature' and not a 'bug' ... I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.
Old August 2, 2003, 11:06   #37
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Quote:
* Fixed a bug causing the foreign advisor to display incorrectly in > 8 player Single Player games.
What does it mean ? Will we at last see more then 8 heads now ?
Probably not I didn't even notice anything was wrong with the FA. (need to work on my diplomacy skills)
Old August 2, 2003, 11:18   #38
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

it would be quite nice to have a better way of seeing if the oponent you want to attack has MPPs with someone, without having to scroll through all still living AIs
Old August 2, 2003, 12:07   #39
Swissy
Civilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMRise of Nations MultiplayerIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-League

Hmm, the company promised universal patch releases after Euro 1.21. Again another Firaxis lie.
Old August 2, 2003, 12:27   #40
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

I did check the german version, just to see what changes they had made to the editor, but the editor was still the same

So something is wrong with that patch.
Old August 2, 2003, 12:28   #41
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by Swissy
Hmm, the company promised universal patch releases after Euro 1.21. Again another Firaxis lie.
I'd assume the European companies of Atagreed worked directly on the 1.27, and let the American company work on the universalization of 1.21.
However, you Yanks should not be too eager. The patch may simply be released Monday (maybe they don't do releases on weekends).

I must admit there is some poetic justice to see the Yanks whine because the patch isn't arrived one whole day after the European release
But personally, I'm twice more screwed : I bought the UK version to get patches ahead of other European versions. i'm a sucker
Old August 2, 2003, 14:19   #42
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

I just did a trick with my UK version, and am now running on 1.27f (Well, I still don't have the updated editor, and no rule changes (if any) with 1.27f)

This is what I did:

1. Downloaded the German 1.27f patch
2. Downloaded the German 1.21f patch
3. Installed both the German patches to their own directories (NOT in my Civ3 directory)'
4. Run a filecomparation program over the directories.
5. Backed up labels.txt, script.txt, civiliopedia.txt, CL_Cultb.pcx and Civilization3X.exe from my PTW directory
6. Made changes to my English text files similar to those made between German 1.21f and 1.27f.
7. Copied the Civilization3X.exe file with the german patch into my PTW directory.
8. Run the file, and everything seems alright now.

I didn't do anything with the civ3xid.mb file, as it's different from UK 1.21f to German 1.21f, and I didn't copy the civ3x.bix and civ3xedit.* files, and ignored the changes to readme.txt as they are German.

Note, don't try to do this unless you know what you are doing, and make sure to make backups, or your game might need to be fully reinstalled.

Also this is with the UK version, and the US version is probably NOT compatible with it (for the same reason the UK version can't use the US patch).

Attached is the textfiles as I've modified them. (Use at yuor own risk, and only together with an 1.27f exe)
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 127text.zip (194.2 KB, 5 views)
Old August 2, 2003, 17:06   #43
Turk Man
Chieftain

i what my usa 1.27 now!
Old August 2, 2003, 20:19   #44
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Just dropping a line that C3MT v1.02 is ready with support for BIX v11.19
Old August 2, 2003, 21:58   #45
sabrewolf
Emperor

wow G, you've put in a night session ;-)

what a nice surprise coming back from a great evening

has anything changed in the two BIX-files except the version number?
Old August 2, 2003, 22:48   #46
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos
Man I am sure that is something good and someone did a lot of work, but what does it mean?
I guess C3MT is some kind of tool. Is BIX 11.19 an editor version for BIX files?
Old August 2, 2003, 22:56   #47
sabrewolf
Emperor

C3MT (civ 3 multi tool) is the inofficial civ3 editor created by our great master gramphos!
see here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=71802

BIX 11.19 is the version of the file format for PTW. (BIC is meant for civ3 vanilla)
Old August 3, 2003, 00:19   #48
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:45
Yeah that is what I figured.
Old August 3, 2003, 11:10   #49
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos

hi ,

thanks Gramphos , it works

rumour control on US and UK release , one week from now on friday the latest , ......

have a nice day
Old August 3, 2003, 17:54   #50
WarpStorm
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Swissy
Unless something has changed, Firaxis has little to do with the releases. They finished the US version weeks ago. AFAIK, Atari is in charge of all localizations and releases.

I figure once the guys Atari get in on Monday they'll realize that their European counterparts jumped the gun on them.
Old August 3, 2003, 21:11   #51
arstal
Settler

Was the auto-bombardment forcing breaking of a peace treaty bug fixed? I didn't see it in the fixes.

One possibility is that the Euro patch is incomplete- happened with EUII. Doubtful, but possible.
Old August 3, 2003, 22:06   #52
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 23:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by arstal
Was the auto-bombardment forcing breaking of a peace treaty bug fixed? ...
I experienced that once, with ship-to-shore bombardment. I kept being asked if I wanted to continue, I got tired of the repeated messages* and so accidentally cancelled a just-made peace treaty. I didn't consider that a bug, just a "lesson learned."

That would be a fair-size (but wonderful) hunk of code, to go through each auto-bombarding unit and check to see if it was bombarding a tile within a particular civ's borders or against one of their units, each time a peace treaty was signed. Then decide whether to automatically cancel the bombardments, or ask the player regarding all of the units.

*several battleships auto-bombarding, and they all were blitz-enabled, so 5 bombards each.
Old August 4, 2003, 08:19   #53
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 07:45
It seems to me that the patch addresses MP issues - and that the SP player needn't bother with it.

Is this so?
Old August 4, 2003, 11:35   #54
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 23:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Cort Haus
It seems to me that the patch addresses MP issues - and that the SP player needn't bother with it.

Is this so?
NO.

From what I have noticed, for the single-player gamer there is:

* Updated non-era techs to allow for civ-specific tech trees. If a non-era tech is used as a prerequisite for a regular tech and a particular civ does not have access to the non-era tech, all techs sprouting from the non-era tech will not be visible on the Science Advisor screen and will not be required for advancement to the next era.
* Fixed Civilopedia entry for Coastal Fortress by removing reference to, “50% defense bonus from naval attacks”. There are no direct naval attacks on land units – only bombardment.
* Updated BIC file version to 11.19.
* Updated editor version to 2.57.
* Fixed a bug that caused paratroopers (and possibly helicopters) to disappear after playing the airdrop animation.
* Updated placement of forests and jungles on bonus grassland to leave the bonus shield under the forest/jungle (NOTE: this only applies when placing forest/jungle on bonus grassland tiles).
* Fixed a bug with non-era techs that allowed players to potentially receive them for free from the Great Library (NOTE: this also fixes a similar bug that would allow players to receive techs that they do not have the prerequisites for if the order of the techs in the editor was changed).
* Fixed a bug with air interception at the bottom of the map
* Updated leaderheads\CL_CULTB.pcx to fix transparent color issue.
* X/Y wrapping/boundary issues regarding nukes fixed.
* Fixed an x/y wrapping issue with city name drawing.
* Fixed an exploit allowing one to get extra shields during wartime mobilization.
* Fixed bug which caused walls not to be obsoleted by growing from a town to a city.

... and I left out a few civilopedia, diplomacy text and other items! There's LOTS of stuff.
Old August 4, 2003, 14:14   #55
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

US/UK 1.27f Patch Update
OK, this was posted at CivFanatics by Jeff Foley from Atari...

Quote:
Originally posted at CFC by Jeff_ATARI

Hello folks,

Oh, the conspiracy theories! "They" are paying back the Americans. No, it's a compatability problem... No! It must be because they like to make us squirm! Yes, that's it!

Okay, folks, the truth is, the emails to the US technical team on Friday never made it, because the recently discovered virus W32.Mimail.A@mm (read all about it at http://securityresponse.symantec.com...mail.a@mm.html ) appeared on one of Atari's systems sometime Friday. Our IT dept was on the case, and some emails were queued up while the mailserver was shutdown. A very minor setback, with virtually no effect on our business... except that it caused a gap between the Friday vs. Monday release of the two patches (international tech support is on a different server and was not affected.)

So as soon as we verify everything is a-okay, you'll see that US/UK patch.

Best,
Jeff Foley
Atari
Source: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...9&pagenumber=2

So, the US/UK version should be coming out any time now...
Old August 4, 2003, 14:45   #56
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

US 1.27f Now Available

US 1.27f available from this site:
http://www.atarisupport.com/faq/civ3ptwdownloads_pc.asp

UK 1.27f still hasn't appeared yet... or at least I haven't seen it.
Old August 4, 2003, 15:27   #57
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
US 1.27f Now Available

US 1.27f available from this site:
http://www.atarisupport.com/faq/civ3ptwdownloads_pc.asp

UK 1.27f still hasn't appeared yet... or at least I haven't seen it.

hi ,

here is the place for the uk patch , it should be there before the end of the week , ......

http://www.uk.infogrames.com//?pg=goodies&gcat=patches

new support page >>> http://www.civ3.com/support.cfm

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; August 4, 2003 at 15:36.
Old August 4, 2003, 16:08   #58
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

here is the place for the uk patch , it should be there before the end of the week , ......

http://www.uk.infogrames.com//?pg=goodies&gcat=patches

new support page >>> http://www.civ3.com/support.cfm

have a nice day
The UK page only have 1.21f as of now. (Hope that changes soon. I'm currently using a mix of the German and the US patch, and it works even better (Have the correct editor now ))
Old August 4, 2003, 17:50   #59
sabrewolf
Emperor

edit: removed...
Old August 4, 2003, 18:57   #60
Turk Man
Chieftain

yes it as come.the US 1.27f!