Old October 30, 1999, 16:16   #1
MarkG

**Apolyton Vote - Nominate Candidates Now!**
This is the "Apolytoner of the season" election - also referred to as the Apolyton Hall of Fame. An initiative from Lancer, we are inviting the members of all the Apolyton forums to nominate candidates who will then "compete" for the "Apolytoner of the Season" award, separated in the following categories: Civ2, Civ3, CtP, SMAC, S&D, Other(containing the hosted sites forums and the "other" forums except from the OT and S&D) and Off-Topic(well, that means everyone)

In this thread you will be able to nominate a candidate for the final round, which will take place in the Apolyton forum. In that final round, you will be able to read about the different candidates (hopefully 6 in total) and cast your final vote.

Nominating starts today, and will last for 1-2 weeks, depending on the amount of replies we're getting.

The rules for nominating:
-You may not nominate yourself
-You may only nominate a person once (i.e. don't nominate in 2 different categories)
-The candidate of your choice must currently be involved with the forum you're nominating him/her for.
OT rule:
-OT and S&D only candidates are not allowed (must post in at least 1 other forum)

That's all folks - now start nominating!

The final winner of the contest will be honored with a (temporary) title, lots of attention and a permanent notation in the Age FAQ, soon to be upgraded to the Apolytoner FAQ.

If you have any questions regarding this election, please feel free to ask them to Narck(the host of the contest) in this thread.

------------------
Markos, Apolyton Civilization Site
[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited October 31, 1999).]

Old October 30, 1999, 16:50   #2
Narck
Emperor

Local Time: 00:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
One addition to this post:

When you nominate, please also give a short reason as to why you think that person should be a candidate.

Thanks
Old October 30, 1999, 17:32   #3
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 21:49
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Ooops! This is an off topic thread. It was nothing to do with civilization scenarios. I'm sorry MarkG but rules are rules. Close this thread.
Old October 30, 1999, 18:15   #4
mrtemba

Local Time: 05:49
no kidding! get this crap out of here!
Old October 30, 1999, 18:28   #5
MarkG

the contest is also about this forum, thus the thread is on-topic

dont tell me there isn't someone that you feel he has contributed a lot in this and the other forums under the hosted and other categories, and that you wouldnt want to honor him....
[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited October 30, 1999).]

Old October 30, 1999, 19:02   #6
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Who makes the best scn's? Who is the most helpful to others? Who do you want to say thanks to?

That's all this is. It's meant to be a nice thing. I hope you all can enjoy it, it's been some work putting it together and like one of your imaginitive scn's it's made to be shared.
Old October 30, 1999, 20:08   #7
Narck
Emperor

Excluded from this contest:

MarkG
DanQ
Narck
Lancer
Old October 30, 1999, 21:10   #8
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Tough as it is to choose you can only nominate one person per forum. So,maybe you can nominate one of them in another forum? Beats losing your nomination. BTW,ck nominated you in OT Boshko.
Old October 30, 1999, 22:23   #9
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 01:49
I nominate for this forum:
Kull - A knowledgeable and tinkering person as far as I know.
JPetroski - Years (Or is that one year?:-) of valuable input and innovation in the name of Civ.
Stefan Hartel - The de facto standard in Achaemenid Persian scenarios. He works hard and posts hard.:-)

------------------
St. Leo
http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
Old October 30, 1999, 22:37   #10
Dracon

I nominate Giant Squid and St Leo, and they'd better nominate me

Old October 30, 1999, 23:18   #11
Lancer
Deity

GUYS, HELLO
JUST PICK ONE NOMINATION PER FORUM,THANKS
Old October 31, 1999, 00:15   #12
NickC
Prince

I nominate Captain Nemo for his effort in all of his scenarios and his daily posting in these forums. I salut the captain and request permission aboard the Nautilus, sir! Seriously, I nominate Captain Nemo.

------------------
Nick Crown (Greek.)
Yasou!

Old October 31, 1999, 00:41   #13
mrtemba

this is all ON TOPIC is it? no, its not!

I nominate Blackclove. Who else? He's the only founding member of the sleague still around! Hes done a great job reinventing the sleague! who else would deserve this in the sleague forum?

BLACKCLOVE - all the way!
Old October 31, 1999, 01:04   #14
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

This thread here is a perfect example of why Apolyton doesn't deserve to host the SLeague. All the off topic trash come here now, bringing with them the off topic.

As for mark g, it's so relieving that the master of apolyton cares more for his website than about the civ community.

Quote:
Michael, if you continue to act like an idiot in the OT(like you did last time), you may very well be permanently banned for these forums, thus losing the ability to do what you came here for initially: talk about civ. You use your head

-MarkG
I see, I get cut out of the civ2 community for bashing the off topic forum, which has nothing to do with the civ2 community. Oh what a devouted member MarkG is to the community! Seriously, I question what he cares about more. Either the actual game civ2, or his precious website that gives him so much encouraging email...
Old October 31, 1999, 06:35   #15
Narck
Emperor

MJ,

Quote:
All the off topic trash come here now, bringing with them the off topic.
Yes, coming from the same OT where you were once active, piling up over 2000 posts!

Furthermore, the off topic ppl will generally stay in the OT, as there is a similar thread over there, meant for OT.
So you don't have to worry too much.

Thanks, carry on with nominating please, and remember only one nomination per section...

------------------
Narck,
puppetmaster of the "Apolytoner of the Season" contest
[This message has been edited by Narck (edited October 31, 1999).]
Old October 31, 1999, 07:22   #16
MarkG

temba, the sdc was an SL-hac contest(and the threads about were on-topic, right?). well, this is a contest for all the forum members, including the SL, so????

other than that, I agree! blackclove(narck can I vote? ) has been the man that kept SL together in the worst...

MJ, I will reply to your off-topic for this thread post by mail...

Old October 31, 1999, 11:22   #17
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Oh boy Narck, now people enjoy my spamming? Make up your minds please. And look, I post in this forum about scenarios, because this is what its about. Not because of these off topic popularity contests. And now I see many people who have never posted in SLeague nominate people who aren't even involved in these forums! Like bcr3, Boshko, Lancer, and Lordstone1. I'm just sick of having to deal with all of this on apolyton, thats why I don't even so much as click on the link to the off topic anymore.
Old October 31, 1999, 11:35   #18
mrtemba

markos mj has summed up my dissent nicely.

Quote:
And now I see many people who have never posted in SLeague nominate people who aren't even involved in these forums! Like bcr3, Boshko, Lancer, and Lordstone1. I'm just sick of having to deal with all of this on apolyton
I wouldn't mind if this was a by the sleague for the sleague type deal. that would be cute and non threatening in a wierd sort of way. but when people from other forums come in and nominate people from other forums it does get off topic and rather tedious. they should nominate people in the subject like this on the forum they want to nominate the person and avoid other forums that have nothing to do with thier nomination. wouldn't you agree?
Old October 31, 1999, 12:06   #19
Narck
Emperor

MJ,

Don't get me wrong, please, I never enjoyed any of your spamming

Those ppl that you mentioned nominated ppl for S&D as there was no S&D section initially. Seeing that there is one now, you probably won't be seeing so many new faces in this thread anymore. Happy?

Lancer, btw, is the initiator of this contest, so it makes sense that he drops by as well to promote this thing, don't you think.

Lastly if you're so sick of it, then there are 2 possibilities: 1. leave apolyton 2.don't open this thread (I hope you realize that it is ONLY 1 thread in this forum that's offending you so greatly)

Hey, you're the one who's pointing his mouse button to this thread all the time, so just quit doing that and: problem solved.

Anyway: This thread is still officially labelled "other" which now means that you can expect nominations from the other hosted sites (for example, Clash) as well. That should be ok, I hope.

[This message has been edited by Narck (edited October 31, 1999).]
Old October 31, 1999, 12:50   #20
Lancer
Deity

I'm not the "OT trash" that's nominating here, I'm the OT trash that thought this up.

Glad there are ppl that are enjoying this contest in this forum and appreciate the effort that went into it, this is for you.
Old November 1, 1999, 02:06   #21
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Boohoo Narck. Quit wasting my time and leave already, you civ2 scenario maker hater! BE GONE!

Oh well. I guess I nominate/vote/whatever blackclove.
Old November 1, 1999, 03:42   #22
Narck
Emperor

Alright MJ, thanks for participating - what about the rest?
Old November 1, 1999, 03:59   #23
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 22:49
[This message has been edited by Makeo (edited November 01, 1999).]
Old November 1, 1999, 04:47   #24
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 23:49
What is the point of competing amoungst ourselves in this way? This is the type of make-work project that Off-topic thrives on. Here at SL we are much more serious about how to waste time! Moderator! Moderator!
Old November 1, 1999, 11:40   #25
Narck
Emperor

"What is the point of competing amoungst ourselves in this way? This is the type of make-work project that Off-topic thrives on. Here at SL we are much more serious about how to waste time! "

What is the point? simple, fun. We think it can be a lot of fun to have this contest and see who did the most for the community, according to other posters...
Obviously, if you don't like it, you don't have to participate.

"Moderator! Moderator!"

You did notice that the person who started this thread was one of the administrators of this site, I hope.

To the rest of you: carry on please
Old November 1, 1999, 16:46   #26
mrtemba

okay, see we all vote for blackclove. now go away! i don't come to the sleague to be social goddamnit!
Old November 1, 1999, 18:26   #27
Jim Winchell
Chieftain

I nominate Mr. Jeszenka because, according to Narck, he has posted over 2000 times in just one forum. Doesn't that merit the "Apolytoner of the season"?
Old November 1, 1999, 18:44   #28
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 06:49
I was wondering, Temba, how many of these horses do you have there?
I, as usual, revealed the map to inspect the cities placement, and found only one!
Please remember that I DON'T play games in cheat mode! I only checked the cities and wanted to look for horses and whales (BTW, this idea originated from "Slash and Burn", thus you should credit the author for it. I forwareded this idea to Allard Höfelt for "homer v3").
Old November 1, 1999, 20:00   #29
MarkG

I guess temba that you will agree that hac should be closed, since all it just do is organize awards(a dispicable social event). I think you will also agree that there shouldnt be another sdc(a contest? blah! why should we compete? just to get a silly award graphic??)

Old November 1, 1999, 20:43   #30
Cam
King

Local Time: 15:19
Personally I don't know why an off-topic award has made it onto this forum either - 'we' have (as Mark points out) several awards already. If there's a vote, I'll vote for Blackclove too!
[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited November 02, 1999).]