Old August 10, 2003, 05:59   #31
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Yeah, when one nation invades another nation they have the right to limit the occupies from gaining citizenship

The people of Israel have no short term memory. They remember the Arab invasions of thousands of years ago, yet they dont remember Nazi Germany. And so they are willing to inflict it upon others.

Israel

its a shame that you have no idea whatsoever of reality , ......
Old August 10, 2003, 06:08   #32
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 06:54
Quote:
Originally posted by panag

its a shame that you have no idea whatsoever of reality , ......

The facts speak for themselves Panag. Israel is emulating its former opressors, and for that you should be ashamed.
Heck, even the Israeli people support this That's INCREDIBLY sad
Old August 10, 2003, 06:14   #33
our_man
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 07:54
In general, I don't agree with granting automatic citizenship to a person simply because they marry a citizen of a country. In Ireland you can't get citizenship by simply marrying a person (it hasn't stopped a few of the more enterprising refugees from trying it anyway - just in case ). Marrying an Irish citizen allows you to apply for citizenship, but you can still be rejected.

Despite this, I'm not in favour of what Israel was attempting to do - it's too selective. What Israel should do is enforce this law in all cases i.e. no matter what country someone's from, they can't gain automatic citizenship simply by marrying an Israeli; then they wouldn't leave themselves open to these accusations being aired on CNN.

I'm surprised that Israelis are marrying into Arab terrorist families though. I would have imagined that Israeli's would have been more cautious; i.e. they would perform a quick background check (go and meet the immediate family of the spouse) to see if any of the family were involved with the militant groups. If what I've seen on television is true, Palestinians involved with Hamas and the other terrorist groups aren't exactly shy about admitting it.
Old August 10, 2003, 06:24   #34
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

The facts speak for themselves Panag. Israel is emulating its former opressors, and for that you should be ashamed.
Heck, even the Israeli people support this That's INCREDIBLY sad
the fact is that you have no idea what the facts are , .......

and that you post some BS without having any knowledge or comprehension about what goes on , ....

heck its thanks to people with such views that we have problems , outsiders who see things not the way they are and start to spill out BS on an unprecedented scale , ....... thats a fact !

and for that you should be ashamed , no-one else , ......
Old August 10, 2003, 06:28   #35
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by our_man
In general, I don't agree with granting automatic citizenship to a person simply because they marry a citizen of a country. In Ireland you can't get citizenship by simply marrying a person (it hasn't stopped a few of the more enterprising refugees from trying it anyway - just in case ). Marrying an Irish citizen allows you to apply for citizenship, but you can still be rejected.

Despite this, I'm not in favour of what Israel was attempting to do - it's too selective. What Israel should do is enforce this law in all cases i.e. no matter what country someone's from, they can't gain automatic citizenship simply by marrying an Israeli; then they wouldn't leave themselves open to these accusations being aired on CNN.

I'm surprised that Israelis are marrying into Arab terrorist families though. I would have imagined that Israeli's would have been more cautious; i.e. they would perform a quick background check (go and meet the immediate family of the spouse) to see if any of the family were involved with the militant groups. If what I've seen on television is true, Palestinians involved with Hamas and the other terrorist groups aren't exactly shy about admitting it.
hi ,

actually we are more relaxed when it comes to our laws compared to the countries of the EU or north america in regards of immigration , .......

if we where to act and work like the US ins our people would simply not accept it , .....

yet its accepted in most countries ( simple laws of imm and customs ) if we as the Israeli nation try to implement them we get a crapload of BS trown at our heads , ........ funny world , ....

have a nice day
Old August 10, 2003, 06:31   #36
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

its funny to see how this can be done in the US , but not in Israel , .....

>>> http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...71#post2215671

have a nice day
Old August 10, 2003, 12:59   #37
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Uh how is this not a racist law Siro? You're essentially treating Israeli Arabs as 2nd class citizens.
How the flying f&ck are we treating Israeli arabs as 2nd class citizens with this law?

I promise you that any Jewish person who wants to marry a Palestinian (and yes, there are such marriages. not many, but several every year) will be just as troubled.

Another problem is that using the previous law, the Palestinians got to realize the "Demand for Return": Palestinians would marry Israelis by the dozens (sometimes fictitiously) and immigrate inside Israel.
Old August 11, 2003, 06:50   #38
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

the fact is that you have no idea what the facts are , .......

and that you post some BS without having any knowledge or comprehension about what goes on , ....

heck its thanks to people with such views that we have problems , outsiders who see things not the way they are and start to spill out BS on an unprecedented scale , ....... thats a fact !

and for that you should be ashamed , no-one else , ......
Yes, your right. Israel isn't even IN the West Bank or Gaza! It's simply an anti-sematic conspiracy by everyone else in the world! There is no demolishing of houses or shooting of reporters! No oppression! No curfew!
Thats...um...What the Palestinans are doing to ISRAELIS!!! Palestine has invaded Israel and is forcing all the Israelis into their homes! Theyre putting up settlements in all Israeli territories and demolishing Israeli houses!!! They must be stopped immediately!

Panag, your attempti to shift the blame for your jingoism to me will fail At least I acknowledge my nations problems and wish to solve them. Because if one does not acknowledge the problem exists...It can never be solved.
I do support the Jews and their quest for a homeland. But when they have to opress and kill innocents for that homeland, ESPECIALLY considering the same thing happend to them, it disgusts me. I'm not anti-semetic, however I am extremly disappointed with not only the Israeli government but the Israeli people for allowing this to continue. History has given them a hard lesson, and they would rather push it into the back of their minds instead of embracing it and preventing it from happening again.

Old August 11, 2003, 07:32   #39
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 09:54

You're stupid tassadar, and you don't know nothing about this.

Old August 11, 2003, 10:52   #40
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 02:54
CNN? Pro-Arab bias?

Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old August 11, 2003, 11:11   #41
Al B. Sure!
Emperor

Tassadar:

why would you ever support a jewish homeland? that is an inherently racist idea that a single ethnic group/religion should have a country to itself...
Old August 11, 2003, 12:32   #42
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Albert Speer
Tassadar:

why would you ever support a jewish homeland? that is an inherently racist idea that a single ethnic group/religion should have a country to itself...
You complain about racism while calling yourself after a Nazi minister?
Old August 11, 2003, 12:50   #43
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

Yes, your right. Israel isn't even IN the West Bank or Gaza! It's simply an anti-sematic conspiracy by everyone else in the world! There is no demolishing of houses or shooting of reporters! No oppression! No curfew!
Thats...um...What the Palestinans are doing to ISRAELIS!!! Palestine has invaded Israel and is forcing all the Israelis into their homes! Theyre putting up settlements in all Israeli territories and demolishing Israeli houses!!! They must be stopped immediately!

Panag, your attempti to shift the blame for your jingoism to me will fail At least I acknowledge my nations problems and wish to solve them. Because if one does not acknowledge the problem exists...It can never be solved.
I do support the Jews and their quest for a homeland. But when they have to opress and kill innocents for that homeland, ESPECIALLY considering the same thing happend to them, it disgusts me. I'm not anti-semetic, however I am extremly disappointed with not only the Israeli government but the Israeli people for allowing this to continue. History has given them a hard lesson, and they would rather push it into the back of their minds instead of embracing it and preventing it from happening again.

just a simple Q , if you can post at apolyton , then you must be able to find an internet search machine , right , .......

well ones you have done that , and ones you have seen a bit about facts you share them with us , ........

you dont have a clue what you are talking about or what the facts are , THATS a fact , ......

oh , btw , you are always welcome to come and see for yourself about the facts , ..........

and i dont have to shift any blame what so ever , ....

if there is someone to blame then its people from 10 000 miles away who want to shove us false facts and other BS like yours down our troaths , ......

and the sad thing about it is that we as a people in Israel have to pay for that with the ultimate price , THATS a fact , .....

oh yes , i did not try to " attempti " anything at all , .....

its you who is trying for who knows what reason to spread BS on Israel , its people and its situation , both from the past and today , THATS an other fact , ......

and as for the rest of some people , well if you want a tour you know where to write , then you can come and see for yourself , that is if you have the courage , because in doing so some would have to admit they are wrong , .......
Old August 11, 2003, 13:04   #44
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sirotnikov
Another problem is that using the previous law, the Palestinians got to realize the "Demand for Return": Palestinians would marry Israelis by the dozens (sometimes fictitiously) and immigrate inside Israel.
Heaven forbid that refugees would find a way to get around a racist law and return to their homes.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old August 11, 2003, 18:19   #45
Al'Kimiya
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:54
It's a good law, that all countries should adapt.
Old August 11, 2003, 19:53   #46
Sikander
King

Local Time: 23:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
they couldn't possibly be Palestinian because there is no such country as palestine!

alright let's say an ethnic Japanese person and an ethnic Arab both were balawombangoan... does that mean they are both from the same ethnic group?
Look up the definitions of Nation and State in the dictionary Speer. A state is a single political entity, while a nation is a group of people of the same ethnicity. Thus Cherokee nation, but the State of Oklahoma. Nation States are entities where these distinctions significantly overlap, like France or Spain or Japan.
Old August 11, 2003, 20:50   #47
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Local Time: 01:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel

You're stupid tassadar, and you don't know nothing about this.

Pay him no heed, David. Comrade Tassadar is a Net Rat, a kid pretending to be an married man with kids. Perhaps when he matures some, he will understand how completely inappropriate it is to compare Israel to the Nazis, as no matter what you think of Israel's policies they have done nothing close to wide-scale extermination policies pereprtrated by Nazi Germany.

to Israel for defending itself. Seems like a no brainer- when a populace is engaged in an active campaign to murder your populace, you don't let the populace trying to destroy you gain citizenship in your country.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old August 11, 2003, 21:42   #48
Al B. Sure!
Emperor

yeah great... thats how israelis defeat their political opponents... call them idiots...
Old August 12, 2003, 00:41   #49
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Quote:
Heaven forbid that refugees would find a way to get around a racist law and return to their homes
I see you've grown tired of thinking and returned to silly one liners.

Quote:
yeah great... thats how israelis defeat their political opponents... call them idiots...
only when it fits

Seriously though, you should take Sikander's post into account. It is the basic difference between state and nation and it is one of the basis of modern political science.
Old August 12, 2003, 00:46   #50
Al B. Sure!
Emperor

put Sikander didn't address the fact that israel is still a jewish homeland... am i missing something? would you be all for the creation of a german homeland?
Old August 12, 2003, 00:46   #51
Nubclear

Panag, your diversion attempts are not going to work. I've encountered them enough times to expose them every time they happen.
So, let me get this straight: There is NO occupation of Palestine, there are NO buildings being demolished, the people of Israel PROFOUNDLY support a Palestinian homeland, the people of Israel DO NOT support this law, and the people of Israel PROFOUNDLY support equal rights for Palestine?

Answer each with a yes or no question please. Any other answers will be constituted as a diversion tactic and will be exposed as such.
Old August 12, 2003, 00:49   #52
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 00:54
Tass, you forgot one. There has been no unending war on the state of Israel for the last 55 years (or so) that might give rise to what the Israelis do to preserve themselves.
Old August 12, 2003, 01:49   #53
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Quote:
put Sikander didn't address the fact that israel is still a jewish homeland... am i missing something? would you be all for the creation of a german homeland?
Pssst: There already is one!

And Palestine is about to be yet another homeland for the Palestinian people, when two are already in place (Lebanon and Jordan, all of which were to some extent parts of palestine).