Old November 7, 1999, 00:49   #1
Tootool2
Settler

Local Time: 05:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I need help on building scenarios
When I use Civ2's map editor to place a civilzation It only allows me to place one city for each Civ I want to make it were you can place like 50 cities for each civ so when you start the scenario you start with a pre-built civilization rather than one city and I want to have the other civs to have many cities too rather than just one. How do I do this please help! If its to long to explain on this forum e-mail me at: Tootool2@cs.com
Old November 7, 1999, 02:01   #2
Dracon

You can't. The place civ command in the map editor doesn't actually place a city, it places a civ starting location (the location where your settler starts off).
You can quickly build additional cities by using the createunit cheat (shift+F1, if my memory serves me well. You must toggle cheatmode first of course.) to create a settler where you want to build your city, then building it.

Old November 7, 1999, 02:19   #3
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 23:49
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Tootool2, you have described the very first problem faced by any scenario builder. Using your cheat mode, go to 'Select Human Player', then pick the civ you want to start with. Using 'Create Unit', place a settler unit where you want your first city, then place one where you want your second city, and so on. When you've placed a settler on each place you want a city, click on one of them and, using the Orders menu, click 'build new city', then move to the next settler and so on. When they're all done, select another civ as human player and repeat the same thing again. And then the next and so on. Check out the tips section on Scenario League site for more information. Good luck!
Old November 7, 1999, 17:21   #4
Tootool2
Settler

Local Time: 05:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thanks a lot for your help folks If I have aany more questions I'll post them here, so if your interested in helping me please check back here dayly thanks.