Old August 6, 2003, 21:52   #61
tandeetaylor
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
When I can. If my husband's not home, my son crawls to the bathroom door and pounds on it, crying and screaming. If my husband is home, my son crawls to the bathroom door and pounds on it, crying and screaming.
Old August 6, 2003, 21:55   #62
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:59
I've never heard of anyone buttoning their shirt from the bottom up...
Old August 6, 2003, 21:59   #63
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 09:59
Local Date: November 2, 2010
wittlich, I've seen weirdos buttoning their shirts starting from the bottom! many times! Naturally if you're putting on a suit and dressing nicely, you leave the first two or three buttons alone in top and start from there going down.. and then you want button the last ones only when you are doing your tie. Everyone who does it in other order/way are weirdos. Just like evening showering people.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old August 6, 2003, 21:59   #64
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
It's like people who button their shirts from down to top..
We should act now to stop such freaks from corrupting our children.
Old August 6, 2003, 22:00   #65
Pekka
Emperor

Boris, I agree. We should also stop other weird individuals who even think about zipping their pants before buttoning it. You first button your pants, then you pull the zipper up.
Old August 6, 2003, 22:01   #66
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Old August 6, 2003, 22:02   #67
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Where do you come across these abominations?!

*casts wary eye towards Finland*
Old August 6, 2003, 22:03   #68
Pekka
Emperor

You think this is rare? I thought everyone did it the right way, but I've since noticed there are loads of people doing it wrong. Just like this showering question.
Old August 6, 2003, 22:04   #69
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Sounds like a Finnish trend of abnormality.

@ Finland
Old August 6, 2003, 22:05   #70
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

So Pekka...I guess you like going to bed sweaty/dirty then?
Old August 6, 2003, 22:06   #71
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
So Pekka...I guess you like going to bed sweaty/dirty then?
Don't get too excited there, man.
Old August 6, 2003, 22:07   #72
Pekka
Emperor

You really think so? It could be..
You learn many things in swimming halls about other people. I wouldn't trust these people.

Then there are many people, who first put their underwear (boxers etc), and then pants, and then shirt. Nothing weird yet.. but then they tuck the shirt in the pants! If you're putting on a suit, you first put on the shirt, not the pants. I'm dead serious these people are everywhere. They are like dressing challenged.
Old August 6, 2003, 22:09   #73
Pekka
Emperor

Dirty? Either you people have weird skin disorders or very high metabolism, or working in construction sites.
If I'm dirty, I'll shower, but usually I'm good to go even without shower in the evening. I have took couple quick showers since it has been a hot summer, but those were only like 2 minute quickies without using shampoos and stuff. Just to cool down.
Old August 6, 2003, 22:12   #74
Soul Survivor
Settler

Local Time: 06:59
During the winter once a day.

During the summer usually twice a day.

Usually I don't like showering after 8 or 9 PM because it wakes me up and I have a hard time getting to sleep. But I also don't like getting up early to shower, although recently I've just decided its better to be late for everything than tired. So it depends, but when I work out I'm basically forced to shower.
Old August 6, 2003, 22:14   #75
Pekka
Emperor

Also, not talking about showering but being challenged with dressing, why do I see wrinkled suits all the time?
I know the answer to that, every time I see these guys sitting in car etc, they don't take their jackets off. What's with that? It's like they want to be wrinkled! Idiots!
Is it so hard to take it off? Why do you even wear a suit if you don't want to look nice? It's a lot about the suit, but it's also about how you carry it. Have some respect for it! Or obviously then you have such a dirt cheap suit it's a crime already and should have put on jogging suit.
Because it's not hard, it's not difficult, and it doesn't take any extra efforts to do it correctly. And what's with the people who button all the buttons in there suits? WRONG! Man, if you have a suit, wear it correctly, the etiquette is not THAT long. But if you come across with that wrinkled cheap suit with all buttons buttoned.. I don't think very highly of you .

and it's not that horrible, but when the majority of folks do this.. it's horrible. What's the point anymore? I don't wear suits often, but when I do, I'd like to think I look nice and smart, not someone who just wrestled in the streets, or had a 3 day drinking bindge. By smart I meant SHARP. Nice, fresh and sharp. That's the 3 word combination.
Old August 6, 2003, 22:25   #76
Pekka
Emperor

And don't even get me started on people wearing them suits in wrong sizes! Most of the times here it's too small. It's not the 70s! Time to get a new suit buddy, especially if you have started packing some extra pounds. It's not nice when it looks like it's going to rip..
Hulk pulls it off, you don't!

And if you're not sure what colour it should be, just go for the ever lasting and stylish black. Get it the right size, and it'll look good. Everytime I see govs gatherings in tv when they have important things to handle.. it makes me want to cry. 100 guys with wrinkled suits that are too small. And half of them have different colour pants and jackets, and they don't match! And what's with the ties? They always go wrong with them...

Also, if you have been sweating a bit and have your jacket off.. you don't necessarily have to put your hands behind your head so that everyone can see the sweaty armpits. That's definitely not cool!
Old August 6, 2003, 22:48   #77
reds4ever
Prince

Local Time: 07:59
Quote:
Dirty? Either you people have weird skin disorders or very high metabolism, or working in construction sites.
If I'm dirty, I'll shower, but usually I'm good to go even without shower in the evening. I have took couple quick showers since it has been a hot summer, but those were only like 2 minute quickies without using shampoos and stuff. Just to cool down.
Pekka, if you're a soap-dodger just admit it
Old August 6, 2003, 22:50   #78
Pekka
Emperor

No I'm not a soap dodger.. I think the most important time to be fresh is at work or what ever you have to do, and that would be from the morning throughout the day. After that.. if I start feeling dirty it's not that bad, but sure if I truely feel dirty then I need a shower. Or if I'm going out for something special, sure I'll shower just to be sure.

I'm very proud that this thread is still going strong. I mean, it's about when you shower. And I have my ear wax thread too, so I'm thinking of doing a thread about nail clipping, which one you use, the nail clipper or nail scissors? I think it will be an instant hit!
Old August 6, 2003, 22:58   #79
reds4ever
Prince

Quote:
I'm thinking of doing a thread about nail clipping, which one you use, the nail clipper or nail scissors? I think it will be an instant hit!
Its got to clippers? I lose too much flesh with scissors!
Old August 6, 2003, 23:02   #80
Pekka
Emperor

reds4ever, well I was thinking about doing another particular thread for it.. but then again it was a joke.

I use clippers too though. I recently lost my clippers and had to go with nail scissors, made for you know clipping nails, but it wasn't me. I'm definitely clipper guy.
Old August 6, 2003, 23:02   #81
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:59
I've noticed that many of the guys down at the YMCA have wrinkled scrotums. I've often wondered if this has something to do with too much showering.
Old August 6, 2003, 23:04   #82
Pekka
Emperor

Dr Strangelove, now.. how would you notice such thing?
Old August 6, 2003, 23:06   #83
reds4ever
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
I've noticed that many of the guys down at the YMCA have wrinkled scrotums..
I've seen your type hanging around public lavatories...
Old August 6, 2003, 23:08   #84
Pekka
Emperor

Ah now I know what that means. I thought first it was the bit of flesh between you know whats. I don't want this thread to be closed, so I have to be a bit secretive So I was wondering how would you see that part often. Ok then.. I don't think it's because of showering though. Don't have any facts, you're the doc!
Old August 6, 2003, 23:08   #85
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
I don't understand how you people who shower in the morning can stand sleeping in their own filth.
Look in your intestines after you shower- will be just as clean as the rest of our's.
Old August 6, 2003, 23:25   #86
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Dr Strangelove, now.. how would you notice such thing?
In the locker room men I don't even know take their clothes off in front of me. Why do they always showeer after working out when it only makes the wrinking problem worse?
Old August 7, 2003, 00:18   #87
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:59
I shower once a day, except for the days I spend wholly alone on the computer. I generally shower in the "morning" after my Morning Apolyton Browsing. When I'm with my girlfriend, however, I often take a shower in the evening though. I don't mind being sweaty when I'm alone, but I hate sharing my filth.

These days, since it's very hot, I often shower twice a day.
Old August 7, 2003, 00:32   #88
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Sounds like a Finnish trend of abnormality.

@ Finland
Erm, I've always done it this way. My zipper consistently goes down by itself if I don't close the button first.
Old August 7, 2003, 02:15   #89
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I shower in the morning too.

yeah it's kind of disgusting sleeping after sweating all day (I'm constantly out and about in 100 F + weather), but I just wash my sheets more often.

I like to shower in the morning so my hair ****ed up looking. well it still looks bad, but not as bad as it is when I sleep on it.
Old August 7, 2003, 02:29   #90
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

I agree with Pekka about the whole suits whine.

Why do fat people think they look good in small suits with small sweaty shirts sticking out of their pants, cause their stomach is huge?

Why does their new expensive suit looks as if a hobo slept in it and peed on it?