Old August 8, 2003, 14:05   #31
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 01:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
"I know it was quite foolish, just please how me repair this before I face any consequenses."

"I probably could get you in for a quick search, it is just that I would rather not let it out what I am searching for, and I don't trust Panath to keep a thing like that quiet."
Old August 8, 2003, 14:19   #32
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 03:01
"Hmm. We could easily pretend you misplaced something else, but that would only excuse yourself, and perhaps one friend, in to search. More eyes are always better. Does Panath regularly host such parties? Has he ever, or might he consider, hosting one for money? We could weave a tale about being interested in holding a party there, but would like to inspect the premises to see if they are suitable. If he's interested, he might let then let us all in, including our structural appraiser here.", says Rags as he nods towards Bandar.

"In the meantime, if the broach is noticed as missing, you can simply say that you noticed it was a little dull, and sent it to a jewelry shop for cleaning."
Old August 8, 2003, 14:36   #33
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

"I had thought of that actually. Ostler and myself have searched there. Panath occasionally hosts parties, but he usually needs a reason, and I doubt that money would do."

"Actually, I was not suppose to have the Broach in the first place. If it was noticed missing, I would deny any knowledge of it and it would probably be brought in front of the watch. In fact it might already have been." she says worriedly.

Last edited by Jon Miller; August 8, 2003 at 15:08.
Old August 8, 2003, 14:44   #34
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

"The Watch? Who is your father, Incana?"
Old August 8, 2003, 15:09   #35
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

"Of couse the watch. When you have something valuable stolen you go to the Watch. Do you do things differently in Silverymoon?"
Old August 8, 2003, 15:13   #36
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Local Time: 07:01
"In the shield dwarf region, I'd just attack them to reclaim m' property."
Old August 8, 2003, 15:15   #37
Hot Mustard
King

"I see. I was underestimating the value of this item."

"Have you any jealous friends who were at the party? Or anyone would showed a particular interest in the broach?"

"Ostler, were you at the party? Did you notice anyone behaving oddly around Incana?"
Old August 8, 2003, 15:18   #38
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(that is a strange way of saying it btw, your race is acting like your region, there is no shield dwarf region)

She turns to look at Bandar, "Yes, but a key point is that I don't have a clue where it is at, no one is really even sure who all the participants were, it was somewhat of an open party."
Old August 8, 2003, 15:22   #39
Hot Mustard
King

"Would there by chance be any more such open parties coming up? Perhaps we could attend and scope about, both for someone wearing their new trophy, and for suspicious characters looking to make off with discarded baubles."
Old August 8, 2003, 15:23   #40
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

"I am sorry, I don't actually remember much of the party, and what I do remember is a blur. I think though that I get along with all of my freinds though."

Tarna than asks, "Why did you decide to take the broach from your father for this particular party? Is that standard practice for you? If it is, maybe your father knows that you are the person at fault for it missing."
Old August 8, 2003, 15:24   #41
Harry Seldon
King

[OOC] Not sure what the region name is but I figured other characters would know. :shrugs: [/OOC]

"M' axe is the best interrogator I know." After a dramatic pause, Bandar again laughs. It is difficult to tell if he's kidding.
Old August 8, 2003, 15:26   #42
Hot Mustard
King

"That's great, Bandar, but I think we want to avoid any unfortunate AXEcidents." says Rags with wry grin.
Old August 8, 2003, 15:32   #43
Harry Seldon
King

"But it wouldn't be an accident." Bandar looks confused. "Tis hard to accidentally interrogate someone, plus I've a good success rate; only lose 30%. If your not interested, we'll do it your way." Bandar appears to lose interest again.
Old August 8, 2003, 16:17   #44
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

"There was suppose to be a dreamy elf, by the name of Suthic Coreen, there and I was hoping to catch his eye." she says, in reply to Tarna.

Incana than begins to relate the directions to get to Panath's house. Since this is late, while you were eating the other patrons have mostly left and there are not many people left there. One of the older maids who has just hustled a very drunk party of dwarfs out of the tavern now starts in your direction. Incana looks arround and says "Oh, it is midnight and I need to get back. Maybe you can look at some of the shadier areas and see if someone is trying to fence it." She turns to Ostler, "Meet tomorrow at the same time and place? Oh, about an award, I will give you anything I have, well anything but my Lona." "My lute", she says with a grin.

With that she gets up and leaves, with a sort of rush.

Tarna turns to Ostler "I am not sure if I would be any help in your party, but maybe I could be some help. I really liked the song you played earlier", she says with a smile.

Last edited by Jon Miller; August 8, 2003 at 19:00.
Old August 8, 2003, 18:46   #45
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Well, as my pappy always said, "The more the merrier, so long as they're not the city watch."
Old August 8, 2003, 19:34   #46
Felch
Emperor

I'm going to ee what sort of information I can dredge up tonight, and I'll get back to you all.

(OOC: How are we going to handle this?)
Old August 8, 2003, 19:38   #47
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(yah, the party needs to figure out what they want to do, and yah Felch, you have more information (and more speicific) that you can ask me)
Old August 9, 2003, 00:59   #48
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 02:01
While the conversation has been going on, I "casually" look around from where I sit, and see if anyone is taking special notice of Incana.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old August 9, 2003, 01:13   #49
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

You take a look arround and notice the people leaving. You don't really notice anyone watching you (Spot 15).

Jon Miller
Old August 9, 2003, 07:13   #50
Hot Mustard
King

* Rags looks as though he was going to ask Incana another question, but shrugs and polishes off his ale

"Well, we don't have a lot to go on right now, do we? I suggest we see if Miss Incana can unwittingly provide any more information or leads. I am going to follow her home - anyone care to tag along?", says Rags as he stands up.
Old August 9, 2003, 15:03   #51
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Sure, why not?
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old August 9, 2003, 23:26   #52
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

On Waterdeep

Waterdeep is an area on the Sword Coast dominated by the City of Waterdeep (metropolis pop 132,661). The area is fairly populated with 1,347,840 people (mostly human but lots of dwarves, elves, halflings, and half-elves). The area is run by the Lords of Waterdeep, most of whom are unkown. Major relgions are Deneir, Mystra, and Oghma. Imports are Grain, livestock, leather, ore, timber, and exotic goods. Exports are ale, arms, cloth, furnishings, leather goods, pottery, refined metals, and other goods.

Waterdeep is the major cosmopolitan power of FR. It is a major seaport, is known as tolerant, and has a powerful magic tradition. The Cities nickname is the City of Splendors. It is a major city of trade and change and in it are many guilds, nobles, trading costers, mercenary bands, and other organizations.

Major organizations include City Watch (serves as poplice force), city guard (defense of city), guilds, (merchants and crafts golk), Lord's Alliance, Lords of Waterdeep (right now the open lord is Piergeiron the Paladinson), Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors (must join to practice magic asa sorcerer or wizard in Waterdeep).

Major areas of the City is Castle Ward *center of the city, includes Mount WAterdeep, the castle and the richest people), Dock Ward (dirty and dangerous), North Ward (home of middle class, lesser nobles, and merchants), Sea Ward (where all the wealthiest live, has the expensive shops and arena), Southern Ward (also called caravan city, is hwere newcomers come for lodging, informatino, food, and entertainment), and Trades Ward (always open commercial section, major guilds are based here).

Last edited by Jon Miller; August 10, 2003 at 16:05.
Old August 9, 2003, 23:33   #53
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

Tarna looks at the rest, "Well, if your plan takes much more time tonight count me out, I am going to rest first, I am [yawn] tired. I think that I will purchase a room at the Stubborn Donkey Inn."

(sorry, I left for gettysburg at 7 this morning)

(do you all need a description of waterdeep?)

(edit: to change name of inn)
Old August 10, 2003, 16:15   #54
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

Rags and Morganna get up to leave, after depositing a couple silvers a peice on the table.

Tarna says "Why don't we use the Stubborn Donkey as a base, do you guys want me to get a room or two for you also?"

(I can go back and change things later)
Old August 10, 2003, 18:49   #55
Felch
Emperor

(Okay, so to recap folks, we've got a missing brooch that we need to find. Me and the elf babe met a midget sorcerer named Rags, he was cool with the whole search. Then a chick with green hair named Tarna was down with it, and then another short smelly guy named Bandar showed up. Once everybody is chilling and eating, Incana starts telling about the brooch.

She lost it at a party and needs it found quick and on the down low. She was at a party at the house of Panath, in North Ward, while she was hanging out. People who saw the emerald brooch liked it, but she doesn't know who could have taken it.

A woman named Morganna showed up at this point and joined the party. Further questions led to the conclusion that searching at Pernath's is not a viable option, and we need to poke around to find the brooch. We split up and will meet the same place the next evening at seven.

Is that all the important stuff or did I miss anything?)
Old August 11, 2003, 08:44   #56
Harry Seldon
King

Bandar drops a couple of coppers on the table to pay for his ale. "Aye, I'll need a room. M' information gatherin skills leave a bit to be desired unless I can use m' axe."
Old August 11, 2003, 08:53   #57
Harry Seldon
King

"Actually, I've changed m' mind. I may be needin some new weapons in the future so I may just wander on down to shops and see if anybody's open and dealin."
Old August 11, 2003, 09:37   #58
Hot Mustard
King

[OOC]
Upon exiting the tavern, if Rags can still see Incana walking away, then he'll start to follow her from a distance. If it is not possible to follow safely (without being seen or too obvious to passers-by), then he may cast Change Self.

If she is already lost from sight, then he'll go to the Stubborn Donkey with Tarna and get a room for the night.
[/OOC]
Old August 11, 2003, 10:00   #59
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(Tarna have copper hair

Bandar heads towards the trade ward)
Old August 11, 2003, 10:09   #60
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Morganna asks Tarna to take her backpack, then follows Rags out, trailing by some fifty feet; she trys to be as unremarkable as possible.