Old August 11, 2003, 10:17   #61
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 01:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
(Rags

spot check 7, she appears to be a little farther forward and under a light, you start following this person (Hide/move silently of 17/15) and don't appear to be noticed)

(what I was going to have intially Morganna

spot check of 4, you come out and look arround, she appears to be under a light a short distance ahead (you don't notice Rags arround), you follow her (hide/move silently 6/4), a very short time later you notice that she starts to move faster (Wis check 4) but you keep following her the short time period for her to see a Watch person who she shouts at and runs towards

what occurs
(Morganna

Spot check of 4, somehow you don't see Rags))

(It is summer and a clear night)
Old August 11, 2003, 10:29   #62
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 02:01
I lost Rags?
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old August 11, 2003, 10:31   #63
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Local Time: 07:01
Bandar strolls down to the trade enclave and looks around.
Old August 11, 2003, 10:33   #64
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

(yah, your spot was really low and his hide was really good)
Old August 11, 2003, 10:36   #65
The Mad Monk
Emperor

But he wasn't hiding from me.

If you're including the diguise bonus for alter self, I'm fairly sure he did it under my observation.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old August 11, 2003, 10:37   #66
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 03:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
(yah, your spot was really low and his hide was really good)
[OOC]
Oops, we'll have to come up with something to prevent this next time. Even without Hiding, following an average height halfing in nondescript street clothes is difficult.
[/OOC]
Old August 11, 2003, 10:39   #67
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Oh well...if this decisions holds, I shrug, go back to the room and practice my 'leet ninja quarterstaff moves.
Old August 11, 2003, 10:39   #68
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mad Monk
But he wasn't hiding from me.

If you're including the diguise bonus for alter self, I'm fairly sure he did it under my observation.
Hide doesn't target like that though. Jon didn't mention if I cast Change Self yet (?) - that was only if I couldn't manage to follow normally without being seen.
Old August 11, 2003, 11:51   #69
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

( you haven't cast it, a recap, Rags is following Incana, Ostler is taking his time leaving the tavern, Morganna and Tarna are going to the Inn, and Bandar is going to the trade ward (I don't plan on roleplaying this, tell me what you are looking for and I will take care of it))
Old August 11, 2003, 11:53   #70
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(there was almost some excitement..)
Old August 11, 2003, 12:20   #71
Harry Seldon
King

Bandar doesn't see anything he likes and moves back to the inn to meet the rest of his party. He's a little disappointed in the quality of the donkeys today. While walking, Bandar lets his mind wander and the sounds of humanity wash over him. He listens for any information that may be of use to his party as he moves through the crowds of people.

Last edited by Harry Seldon; August 11, 2003 at 13:01.
Old August 11, 2003, 13:15   #72
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Is it still night?
Old August 11, 2003, 13:15   #73
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

he tries to gather information about the brooch, he gets an 18 (unmodified 20!, -2 from charisma modifier) and overhears some talk about a theives brazaar underneith the city, apparently many items that are stolen here in waterdeep are sold there (the brazaar begans every midnight)

he also hears about a number of items of stolen jewelry being traded arround

(by the way, gather information includes talking as well as listening, I will often make neg modifiers if you hamper a skill (I didn't this time, just a warning))
Old August 11, 2003, 13:19   #74
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

Rags follows Incana into the Northward

she goes into a modest, but wellkept house

(depending on actions it might be morning soon)

Jon Miller
Old August 11, 2003, 13:26   #75
Hot Mustard
King

Rags memorizes the location as best he can and retraces his steps back to the Tavern, looking for Morgana. Once he doesn't find her, he moves on to the Inn for some much needed rest.
Old August 11, 2003, 14:31   #76
Harry Seldon
King

Bandar congratulates himself on his good fortune and moves off towards the inn to tell the party of his findings. His relief is palpable as he is able to contribute positively to the quest.
Old August 11, 2003, 16:23   #77
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(unless Ostler wants to do something that will bring us to morning, the party exchanges stories, it might be a good idea to come up with and implement a plan)
Old August 11, 2003, 16:43   #78
Harry Seldon
King

"I feel our best chance for the brooch is tonight at the thieves' bazaar. If any of ya have nimble fingers we may could take it back afore anyone notices. An if they do, they'll have a taste o my steel!"
Old August 11, 2003, 19:15   #79
Hot Mustard
King

"Morgana - if ever you have to follow me again, I'll be sure to make it easier for you. Perhaps a bright feather on my back or something...anyways, we'll work something out next time."

"Excellent, Bandar!", says Rags, looking curiously, yet appreciatively, at the dwarf.

"A Thieves Bazaar - why that sounds fun to visit even without a task!", Rags continues, "Did you also find out where it is and how to gain entry? Such a place could be a little rough - is everyone capable of looking after themselves?"

[OOC]Our characters should share some basic knowledge of each others' strengths and weaknesses. We can roleplay this, or just assume it here, and each read everyone else's characters sheets.
[/OOC]

* Rags displays his crossbow and mace (both light). He is a decent shot with the crossbow, and prefers to use it rather than the mace, as getting into the thick of a fight is not wise for a spellcasting halfling. He also displays his everburning torch so that the group knows it has at least one light source it can depend on.
Old August 12, 2003, 00:46   #80
The Mad Monk
Emperor

"Hopefully, that won't be necessary -- I had turned around to pass my pack to Tarna, and by the time I turned back, you were gone!

We just have to coordinate a little better, that's all."
Old August 12, 2003, 08:23   #81
Harry Seldon
King

ooc]I think a quick character sheet review would suffice[/ooc]

"I'm not too sure exactly where it is but I think I can get us close."
Old August 12, 2003, 13:17   #82
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(Oslter is from this area, also, you can only 'know' what is on others character sheets if they are ok with it)

It is morning and a beautiful day. Are all you guys going to do is try to go below, or are you going to do some other stuff above first?
Old August 12, 2003, 13:54   #83
Harry Seldon
King

"Maybe we should try taking a glance around Incana's house before we go to the bazaar. I don't trust the wench; she may be settin us up."
Old August 12, 2003, 14:21   #84
The Mad Monk
Emperor

I'm going to spend the morning mingling in the marketplace, seeing if I can find more info on this Bazaar (as in needed passwords, things to avoid, etc).
Old August 12, 2003, 14:24   #85
Harry Seldon
King

I have no theiving skills, unless you count an exceptional climbing and jumping skill. I also have no people skills so I'll have to tag along unless one of you has a job for an ugly dwarf.
Old August 12, 2003, 18:44   #86
Hot Mustard
King

"I appreciate your sense of caution, Bandar, but I can't see any reason why Incana would be "setting us up". We have nothing of substantial value to take, and before last night, we didn't know each other."

"I think a morning trip to the marketplace is a good idea. We may be able to hear more about our destination tonight, and I'll get to see more of what this city has to offer.

Come along Bandar, you can show us where you learned what you did yesterday, and there's likely to be a training ground somewhere near the marketplace - perhaps you can show me some moves with your axe that I might be able to do with my mace, if I ever got into a pinch.

Ostler - do you recall the second tune you were playing when I entered the Tavern the other night? The one with the cheery bit in the middle - could you play that as we walk?

[OOC]
In the marketplace, Rags will keep an eye out for a female dwarf. If he sees one, he'll try to "sweet talk" her into winking in Bandar's direction.

Jon - Let me know if Rags gets a glimpse of Tarna's spellbook, inks, etc. at some point - coming from wizardly Silverymoon, he'll have at least a query or two.
[/OOC]
Old August 13, 2003, 02:20   #87
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

The party heads to the marketplace. It is a very buslting place with peopel shouting out in common in all sorts of wild accents and having all sorts of items to sell. In the trade ward there are a number of different open air markets as well as two enclosed markets besides many man shops. The party goes to the misc. market that Bandar was at the night before.

You get a glance at Tarna's spell book and see that currently it is mostly empty (she is not a wizard yet), but it seems as if she is interested in following the part of the Illusionist. Tarna seems to spend most of her time looking at the different metalwork and lockwork (As well as weapons and armor and blacksmith work) and seems quite interested in what goods come from different areas.

Ostler has told you that Incana is mostly studying right now, but that she could probably be found at the Bard College on Waterdeep Mountain.

In the market there are a number of dwarves including females, but you do not manage to get any to wink at Bandar.

Jon Miller
Old August 13, 2003, 02:31   #88
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

Morganna goes arround to shady characters and asks after a special bazaar, maybe an 'underground' bazaar.

After a number of bad looks and scowls (and being chased away a time or two), she finds some information (gather information of a 10).

What she finds out is that there is a wicked theives city of Skullport underneith the city of Waterdeep. While this city is fairly far down (the Lords of Waterdeep, while allowing it to be, deffinitely keep it far from them) meetings of the shadier people in the city above and those in the city below often take place at a place known as a thieves brazaar between the two. The man was not certain exactly where it was.

(It is lunchtime about)
Old August 13, 2003, 08:31   #89
Harry Seldon
King

I'm starving! Where can a legendary dwarf get somethin to eat around here?
Old August 14, 2003, 03:21   #90
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

There is a young dwarf selling kobobs for 2 coppers a peice (as well as a lot of other food sellers, usually of bad food at higher than it is worth prices).