Old August 14, 2003, 04:12   #91
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 02:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Morganna studies the urchins for a while, and selects a "likely - looking" one (bright, not too shifty), and flashes a copper at him. When he comes over, she slips him the copper and says, "We're looking for a place to eat -- cheap, but good"
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old August 14, 2003, 11:00   #92
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Local Time: 07:01
Bandar struts over to the young dwarf. "M' boy, give me one o' your kabobs while I tell you about why today's yer lucky day..."

Bandar tosses him two coppers and procedes to explain how he single-handedly saved the dwarven race from destruction on numerous occassions.

"...and so now you can tell all yer friends that you've met Bandar the Dwarf! Good luck t' ya!"

Bandar wanders back to the group with what's left of his kabob.
Old August 14, 2003, 11:14   #93
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 03:01
Rags sidles over to Bandar and makes some small talk. Then he heads over to the young kabob-selling dwarf himself.

"Sir Bandar has sent me to fetch him another kabob. A second one is only 1 copper, right?", says Rags, playing the part of a gopher for a mighty warrior.
Old August 14, 2003, 14:56   #94
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 01:01
(unmodified 14 on the bluff/intimidate) "uh, uh, yah sure," says the Urchin. "Morganna meanwhile finds an out of the way place that serves fried fish. It is delicious and is 2 copper a peice (you get a lot more food than a kabob).

Jon Miller
Old August 14, 2003, 14:58   #95
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

(BTW, Felch is moving so Ostler is elsewhere right now (maybe at the Bard College, maybe chasing his own leads))
Old August 14, 2003, 16:58   #96
Harry Seldon
King

Alright, where should we go next? We need better information than this.
Old August 15, 2003, 18:11   #97
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Morganna treats the urchin to the fish, throws in a couple extra coppers, and gets his name.

[OOC]I'm trying to cultivate an information source / occasional lackey here, perhaps not for this adventure, but over the long term.[/OOC]
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old August 15, 2003, 18:40   #98
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(I would assume that those of you who are good with information (or Felch) would continue to look for some afterlunch)
Old August 15, 2003, 20:26   #99
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

[OOC]I was hoping Bandar might point out someone who gave him some information before, that Rags might question them further.

If not, yes, he'll ask appropriate-looking characters about the underground city and bazaar, trying to get safe and accurate directions and entry instructions.[/OOC]
Old August 16, 2003, 03:38   #100
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
(I would assume that those of you who are good with information (or Felch) would continue to look for some afterlunch)
Yes.

I don't just ask people. If I notice 'shady' people talking and am in a spot where they won't notice me easily, I use "read lips" on them. I use "sense intent" as a gut reaction on truthfulness on those I do speak with, though I don't discount any of it.

Since I'm new around here and still feeling out the social structure, I try not to intimidate anyone.
Old August 16, 2003, 15:11   #101
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I will take it that yuo are both using all your skills to gather information

Moganna gets a 12 (11+1)
Rags gets a 19 (14+5)

Rags finds a shady character who is willing to sell a map of a way to skullport for 3 sp

apparently (this is sometihng both of you have heard) the way is dangerous and there are many traps set by thieves (As well as the theives themselves)

both of you also hear of entrances, there is one at the "Red Inn" in the basement (there are also others, that you heard rumors about, just both of you heard about this one)

Jon Miller
Old August 18, 2003, 16:47   #102
Hot Mustard
King

Rags shows everyone the map and shares his information.

"Should we scout the layout of the Red Inn today, or just show up tonight?", Rags asks everyone.

[OOC]
Sorry for the brief absence - (house-sitting last week and the power outage). Internet connection is a bit intermittent still, but should be okay.
[/OOC]
Old August 18, 2003, 17:37   #103
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(I assume that you decreased your sp to cover the cost than? I want youguys to take care of that

also, you can do your own rolls for the most part, try http://javascript.internet.com/games/dice-roller.html

and put down the roll plus your rank and attribute (And feat) modifiers (I will handle the rest)

also yuo can speak for minor NPCs so as to speed play and roleplaying)

Tarna who had been asking arround (6) shows up, " I haven't heard anything at all, except that the olives see, to be particularly good this year. Oh, a map huh? does it show where the Theives Brazaar is or only how to get to Skullport?"
Old August 19, 2003, 16:15   #104
Hot Mustard
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
(I assume that you decreased your sp to cover the cost than? I want youguys to take care of that

also, you can do your own rolls for the most part, try http://javascript.internet.com/games/dice-roller.html

and put down the roll plus your rank and attribute (And feat) modifiers (I will handle the rest)

also yuo can speak for minor NPCs so as to speed play and roleplaying)

Tarna who had been asking arround (6) shows up, " I haven't heard anything at all, except that the olives see, to be particularly good this year. Oh, a map huh? does it show where the Theives Brazaar is or only how to get to Skullport?"
[OOC]
RE: Silver, rolls, and NPCs - noted. Just go back and edit our character sheet posts then?
[/OOC]

"Olives? Yum. Just how to get there, but then we should be able to ask around for the Bazaar, or it might be very obvious once we get there.

I am going to head over to the Red Inn now - might as well make ourselves part of the scenery earlier rather than later. Then we might not arouse suspicion when we start looking for the entrance. Who's up for a drink?"
Old August 21, 2003, 03:33   #105
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

Tarna motions that she is up for one.

(there was the shole issue with the server and I think that maybe the others lost this thread, I will try PMing them)
Old August 26, 2003, 18:22   #106
The Mad Monk
Emperor

I go to the inn, purchase a flagon of mead, and find a place with my back to the wall and a good view of the room.
Old August 26, 2003, 20:17   #107
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

I'm up for a drink.

(Sorry, I've been having internet difficulties since moving.)
Old August 27, 2003, 10:29   #108
Harry Seldon
King

[ooc]At least I'm not the only one having problems getting online [/ooc]

Bandar will tag along but stay out of the way of people with better information gathering skills.
Old August 27, 2003, 18:58   #109
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(I have the biggest test of my life thursday and friday so I will not be on here continually (and if I am it will be a sign that I gave up))

The party reaches the Red Inn, which is an Inn and Tavern like you suspected, where they take a table along one wall. Tarna sits with her back to the rest of the room as does Bandar (so Ostler and Rags and Morganna are against the wall). A flagon of Mead is 4 cp (please spend from your CS). Right now the inn seems to be mostly empty. When questioned the manager relates that it is mostly busy in the evening. Right now all that is at the Inn is the day manager (a tired woman of about 50 with worn clothes and a foreign but hard to place accent) and yourselves. Occasionally very late risers come out of the only other doors to the place (which are in the back).

(BTW, more people are welcome to join if your are unsure, we will try to get moving again)
Old August 27, 2003, 22:54   #110
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

The people who are leaving late seem to be a rougher bunch. Ostler notes some who are known to be adventurers on the edge of the law.
Old August 28, 2003, 01:04   #111
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(the person noted by Ostler is the well known adventurer Rothgoten who is rumored to do any deed if you pay enough money)

Last edited by Jon Miller; August 28, 2003 at 07:25.
Old August 28, 2003, 10:51   #112
Harry Seldon
King

What do you suppose is back there? Maybe someone should take a look...
Old September 9, 2003, 14:38   #113
Harry Seldon
King

Bandar wanders around in circles waiting for order to return to the universe.
Old September 9, 2003, 16:39   #114
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

(I guess I should post, I have checked this daily (my test got over last week)

I am waiting for players to come back, basically)
Old September 10, 2003, 01:21   #115
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Morganna attempts to read lips on the rough characters.
Old September 11, 2003, 11:34   #116
Harry Seldon
King

Bandar begins poking party members in an effort to provoke a response.
Old September 11, 2003, 13:33   #117
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Morganna's response to poking is a quick staff to the shins.
Old September 11, 2003, 13:38   #118
Harry Seldon
King

Bandar cries out in suprise. "Looks like it's just me an you fer now, lass. Maybe we should see what information we can get on our own while we wait for the rest of our companions."
Old September 11, 2003, 18:30   #119
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

For some odd reason the party felt fairly lethargic and took a nap until evening. Morganna and Bandar (and Tarna) awaken to sounds of merryment and a fairly full tavern of seedy looking individuals.

Jon Miller
Old September 12, 2003, 04:00   #120
Hot Mustard
King

Rags emerges from his coma...

Rags attempts to overhear conversations on the way to and from the bar, stopping to ask anyone who looks like they belong to the 'not-so-swift' family about the "way down".