Old August 7, 2003, 22:21   #31
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I despise and loathe Arnelos, Togas, and E_T for other things.
That's ok, GhengisFarb. I loathe you, too

Old August 7, 2003, 23:55   #32
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 03:01
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
to Panzer32 (alias Crystal Clear).
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old August 7, 2003, 23:59   #33
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 00:01
So the majority of people want to continue?
Old August 8, 2003, 06:57   #34
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Beta

says the Glory Of ... (Wusses?)

So, did you tell your mom about this?
That's it, your going in the Book of Grudges. You just wait till you come out from hiding behind Lego.........
Old August 8, 2003, 08:00   #35
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

That's it, your going in the Book of Grudges. You just wait till you come out from hiding behind Lego.........
We don't hide behind plastic blocks! You want a piece of us? Well come and get it. We'll fix your wagon - just like we did with Gathering Storm...
Old August 8, 2003, 08:22   #36
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
We'll fix your wagon - just like we did with Gathering Storm...
Is that a threat, or an offer of assistance?
Old August 8, 2003, 09:26   #37
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
So the majority of people want to continue?
Old August 8, 2003, 11:19   #38
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 09:01
I do have an strong complain about the game. It is so deep that it is completely necessary to invest a lot of time to know exactly what is happening, and even more to influence it! But that, which is the most important con is also the most important pro, and is also the reason why those games are so interesting. Of course, they (as almost everything) have their bad part, but what should be done is to correct and to improve them, not to simply abandon them.
Old August 8, 2003, 11:41   #39
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:01
I kinda gave up ages ago.

Ironically, the Roleplay team was too much roleplay for me - I found it hard to keep up with what was actually happening in the game.

I shoulda just said nothing when I found that I could access all the teams forums before the start. That might have been more enjoyable.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 8, 2003, 12:02   #40
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Ironically, the Roleplay team was too much roleplay for me - I found it hard to keep up with what was actually happening in the game.

I shoulda just said nothing when I found that I could access all the teams forums before the start. That might have been more enjoyable.
And this made us sad. Unfortunately, I think a few people on RP had the same reaction, like roadcage for example.

I am still having fun. This is a competitive game, and sometimes the fur really flies, but I don't take anything personally.

I am also looking forward to the game post-mortem. Sharing what we all think our teams' strengths and weaknesses were should be very enlightening.
Old August 8, 2003, 13:15   #41
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:

Well MWIA, I'm sure if you signed a pledge not to reveal secrets RP would let you defect to GOW. We don't roleplay we just yell at the real person. You know looking back there should have been an ex-presidents and VP, and probably ministers of the demo game team. That would have been hilarious.
Aggie
Old August 8, 2003, 13:43   #42
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

LOL!!!

"Term III SPDG TEAM!!!!"

We would have been efficient, that's for sure...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 8, 2003, 21:08   #43
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
???? Much Music?
Micro Management.
Old August 8, 2003, 22:40   #44
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep

Micro Management.
Ah - well you see - we don't quite have the same problem at Vox .....
Old August 9, 2003, 02:40   #45
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

@/with Beta
Old August 9, 2003, 02:45   #46
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
LOL!!!

"Term III SPDG TEAM!!!!"

We would have been efficient, that's for sure...
All I have to say about that:

YES!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old August 9, 2003, 09:38   #47
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:01
Hmm... this has promise...

When can we start?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 9, 2003, 13:58   #48
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Well I seen the Pres, VP, SMC and Public Works Minister are all in...

Donal Graeme hasn't been heard of for a while, so Spiffor c ould replace him since he was the deputy Economy Minister...

Apoc for science

Togas for Foreign Relations

Will 5001 was the Imperial Expansion Minister

and GodKing was the City Planner...

Next game!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 9, 2003, 15:10   #49
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 04:01
Pardon me, but what are you gentlemen talking about?
Old August 9, 2003, 17:30   #50
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

We would be having a heck of a lot more fun (in response to the threads' title question) if GS would speed up sending their turns............

Ahhh, the "Office of Imperial Expansion"........ the good old days!
Old August 9, 2003, 21:07   #51
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Sorry for the delay... partially my fault, as I've been absorbed re-playing AU 208 and the team was waiting for me.

In other words, slipped on a banana, and Shiber ate my homework.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Last edited by Theseus; August 10, 2003 at 10:39.
Old August 9, 2003, 22:25   #52
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
originally posted by Theseus:
....and Shiber ate my homework.

btw - didn't work for me in school....

Then again - back then, I didn't know Shiber.
Old August 9, 2003, 22:29   #53
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Still doesn't work. GS gets an I for Incomplete.
Old August 10, 2003, 01:30   #54
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Winter
Pardon me, but what are you gentlemen talking about?
Term III government from the first SP demo game.

We were somewhat revolutionary I would say.

MrWIA was Pres
Me VP
Aggie SMC
WhiteBandit was Public Works (controlled workers)
GodKing was CityPlanner (build ques)
Spiffor took over for Donal Graeme as Economist
Apocolypse was Science Advisor
Will 5001 was Imperial Expansion Minister (city sites)
and Togas was the Foreign Relations Minister

We changed the way nearly everything worked, bent the rules of the constitution at the time, and basically did what we needed to keep the game moving, all else be damned.

That and it was about the best bit of chemistry between us that I have ever seen in a whole set of officials before or since.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 11, 2003, 02:58   #55
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I can take any trash talking you can throw at me. Bring it on!

how about all trash talking from now on be directed at me. This should ease things.
Old August 11, 2003, 08:16   #56
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
I can take any trash talking you can throw at me. Bring it on!

how about all trash talking from now on be directed at me. This should ease things.
Ok - I'll start. Where the h*** you been? Vox needs you and you have been gallywagging around somewhere!
Old August 11, 2003, 10:03   #57
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

...whereas the rest of Vox has been galley-wagging around...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 11, 2003, 10:24   #58
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Good point Panzer.
Old August 11, 2003, 10:40   #59
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:01
Quote:
Hmm... this has promise...

When can we start?
that would be quite cool,

all the different gov's facing each other in a PTWDG,

of course term IV would win, not that we'd be any better or more organized etc, we'd just get lucky all the time, and get a bunch of GL's
Old August 11, 2003, 11:01   #60
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 04:01
I suggest we wait for a C3C Multiplayer, how about it eh?