Old August 11, 2003, 11:35   #61
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 01:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
*cough*

Conquests...

RP team...

The revenge...

(COMING TO YOUR MONITOR THIS FALL)
Old August 11, 2003, 11:56   #62
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

that would be quite cool,

all the different gov's facing each other in a PTWDG,

of course term IV would win, not that we'd be any better or more organized etc, we'd just get lucky all the time, and get a bunch of GL's
There would be a few terms with conflicts, but the general idea does have merit.

And Term IV was only riding on the coat tells of term III's success!

I often found it fitting that Term III's parting act was to build Sun Tzu's.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 11, 2003, 12:17   #63
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:01
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

There would be a few terms with conflicts, but the general idea does have merit.

And Term IV was only riding on the coat tells of term III's success!

I see so much fun... and as I was CP for term 3 & 4....

I must agree, Sun Tzu's was exceptional.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 11, 2003, 12:27   #64
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:01
Quote:
Pfffft within the first week of term IV we built Sistine's and captured the pyramids.

Old August 11, 2003, 12:34   #65
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Ha!

As if it was term IV's skill that placed them in a position of having countless Elites driving towards the Persians.

Face it, you were the clean up team, nothing more.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 11, 2003, 13:05   #66
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

lol

yeah you keep telling yourself that,
term III was only a 1 wonder term, we weren't even the top civ around untill term IV
Old August 11, 2003, 13:26   #67
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Oh no, I don't know that I want to be teamed with OPD, he named a city "whosinchargeofsettermovesanyway" don't you know?

And it was term IV people >ehem< who ramrodded you term III morons into going to war and generating the GL and then ramrodded you into building Sun Tzu which none of you term III morons wanted to do.............

But I love you anyway.

You could always call it "Terms of Endearment" and play two PTW teams, Term III vs Term IV with the people performing the jobs they had during those terms.

Six AI would be Persia, America, France, Germany, Greece and England.
Old August 11, 2003, 14:06   #68
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:01
Can I be SMC for both teams. I just be schitzo for the games. Thats always a good practice technique anyway, playing against ones' self. Of course Togas could double dip too.
Aggie
Old August 11, 2003, 16:10   #69
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Personally, I think Term 6 is my favorite, despite the little MPP incident

Term 6:

President Aggie
VP Togas
FAM Arnelos
DM E_T
SMC Thud

Yeah, that term definately rocked.

I certainly like the term I spent as President, but I honestly think I had the most fun in Term 6 with the group in the cabinet. I'm of the opinion that our group of four (Thud was never around) was just kickass:

Arnelos doing the diplomacy
E_T doing the micromanaging
Aggie doing the warmongering
Togas providing assistance whereever needed.

Yeah, that's probably my favorite term
Old August 11, 2003, 16:40   #70
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Term 6 was the first under the NewCon? Or was that 5?

Admittedly I was not around for much of 5 or 6. Was busy like I am now. I am only vaguely familiar with the MPP that you speak of as well.

I do recall having an issue with your SMC there, though.

Term 3 was a term of change. Despite all the rhetoric that term 4 is throwing out here, Term 3 was one where everything changed. After two terms of infighting and one highly contested election in Term 2, we set out and revolutionized how people saw the game and the government. For the first time there was a united government, and an organized leadership. Not to mention declaring war on France and kicking all 3 civs ass as Germany and Persia signed on. Oh, and the 24 hour presidency was something special. Good luck finding a MINUTE where MrWIA or myself were not watching the forum and responding to inquiries and questions from the public that term.

This left term 4 with nothing but a pathetic resistance in Persia after term 3 had already crushed their offensive move into our territory. Of course we bacame the leaders in Term 4, once they mopped up what little we left them of Persia, it was a given.

I do wish the later terms (after 4) had been a bit more aggressive though. We should have been in a position where any victory was easily possible. Securing Bananaba Major, killing off Greece and England would have certainly made that a reality, but that's what happens when the DIA get's hold of things I suppose...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 11, 2003, 17:31   #71
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

hmm... seems like I joined a bit too late (mid term 4)
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 11, 2003, 18:39   #72
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

We should probably recruit Hall of Fame ministers for the doubled positions. Uber Krux should take over one of the SMC positions.
Old August 11, 2003, 18:50   #73
OPD
King

Quote:
Term 3 was a term of change. Despite all the rhetoric that term 4 is throwing out here, Term 3 was one where everything changed. After two terms of infighting and one highly contested election in Term 2, we set out and revolutionized how people saw the game and the government. For the first time there was a united government, and an organized leadership. Not to mention declaring war on France and kicking all 3 civs ass as Germany and Persia signed on. Oh, and the 24 hour presidency was something special. Good luck finding a MINUTE where MrWIA or myself were not watching the forum and responding to inquiries and questions from the public that term.

This left term 4 with nothing but a pathetic resistance in Persia after term 3 had already crushed their offensive move into our territory. Of course we bacame the leaders in Term 4, once they mopped up what little we left them of Persia, it was a given.
I do agree with UnO on this and have said as much in previous threads, term 3 was the turning point. My evil attempts at rewriting history will be futile as long as UnOs around .
Old August 11, 2003, 19:01   #74
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
But the success of Term III was because you followed the suggestions of the future members of Term IV. Term III would have been more sucessful if you listened more closely, grasshopper. And if MWIA wasn't so fond of the spacebar............

Quote:
I do wish the later terms (after 4) had been a bit more aggressive though. We should have been in a position where any victory was easily possible. Securing Bananaba Major, killing off Greece and England would have certainly made that a reality, but that's what happens when the DIA get's hold of things I suppose...
Yeah, this part's pretty much true.
Old August 11, 2003, 21:07   #75
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb ..... "whosinchargeofsettermovesanyway"
You mean you even had a minister to move the dogs!!! Wow, that was some term...
Old August 11, 2003, 22:05   #76
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Just once, I would like to be on Beta's team. My dream team: UnOrthO, Beta, History Guy, Arnelos, and myself.

We might not win, but the other teams would never be aware of that fact from the way we would distort the results......................
Old August 11, 2003, 22:14   #77
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 00:01
Were you ever apart of the DG GF?
Old August 11, 2003, 23:15   #78
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
Nope. I don't believe in Demogames. I think their a waste of time and nothing but an excuse for spam.
Old August 12, 2003, 06:48   #79
OPD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Oh no, I don't know that I want to be teamed with OPD, he named a city "whosinchargeofsettermovesanyway" don't you know?
I can't believe your still bringing that up.

If you had more concerned about what your actual job was rather than insisting that we move a load of cities 1 tile south or 1 tile north west then I wouldn't have had to ask.

Am the only one dying to be the first member of ND's new private forum?
Old August 12, 2003, 06:52   #80
OPD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
Yeah Mr Farb was minister of imperial expansion in term 4. Not too serious a job you just have to decide where new cities go and give orders to move settlers there.
Old August 12, 2003, 08:18   #81
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

What Mr OPD does not bring up is that I not only gave him TILE BY TILE instructions but ALSO MADE PICTURE AND ARROW IMAGES CAPTURED FROM THE GAME SO THAT EVEN THE MOST ILLITERATE PERSON ON EARTH COULD TELL where they were supposed to go.

Unfortunately, no one informed me OPD was legally blind and I did not have the ability to post my orders in braille on the internet.........................

Besides, Minister of Imperial Expansion is the coolest title ever created for demogames.
Old August 12, 2003, 08:59   #82
OPD
King

Quote:
Besides, Minister of Imperial Expansion is the coolest title ever created for demogames.
very true , unlike the rest of you post

anyway here is the log from the chat mearly as a means to jog Farbs memory as to why the city had to be called that.

OPD> where does this stlr go?
Farb> wait before you do that disband apolyton and build another city 1 tile south.
OPD> WTF I'm not disbanding the capital quit telling me to do that.
Aggie> change all cities production to war chariots please
OPD> I'm not falling for that one again now where does this stlr go?
Farb> I've got an even better idea, disband all our cities and move them all 1 tile west, there well be a whole lot closer to the French and much better able to flip their cities.
OPD> damn it where does this stlr go.
Shiber> change to republic
OPD> no
Shiber> just do it you wuss
Farb> No wait disband all our cities with workers and add them all to our capital to make one super city, then disband that and move it 1 tile north.
OPD> whose in charge of settler moves anyway?
Godking> just build a city with the stlr and call it Shelbyville
OPD> ok but that name sucks
Godking> like you can think of a better one
OPD> I wouldn't have to if I knew who was in charge of settler moves.
Togas> before you do anything else sell WM to all other civs for 1g
Farb> no wait gift 10 workers to the germans then attack them and all the land we capture will be developed then disband all our cities and move them to where the german cities used to be.
OPD> "whosinchargeofsettlermovesanyway" built
Togas> thats a good idea and a nice use of game mechanics to gather information.
Godking> I agree
Shiber> me too, it's not at all an abuse of power to name a city that.
Old August 12, 2003, 09:03   #83
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Just once, I would like to be on Beta's team. My dream team: UnOrthO, Beta, History Guy, Arnelos, and myself.

We might not win, but the other teams would never be aware of that fact from the way we would distort the results......................
Naw, it would be more fun to make a simple PBEM between all of us.

Each would PUBLICLY post disinformation for the public to laugh at. It would be great.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 12, 2003, 09:13   #84
OPD
King

Quote:

Naw, it would be more fun to make a simple PBEM between all of us.

Each would PUBLICLY post disinformation for the public to laugh at. It would be great.
terms 3, 4 and 6 in a pbem agianst each other? maybe even term 1 if Trips up for it?

you can join any team you like if you were around at the time?
Old August 12, 2003, 09:55   #85
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I was talking of the individuals in Ghengis' statement there.

Beta, Arnelos, Ghengis, History Guy and myself making a...'Balderdash' PBEM and publicly post lies. Pure lies. err, Information for everyone to laugh at.

Give awards for things like the Biggest Lie, Best Lie, Most Ridiculous lie, Best use of the Truth. Etc...

But, I wouldn't mind a 'best government' oriented game either. Course Term 3 would win hands down.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 12, 2003, 12:53   #86
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Okay, if I had my wishes:

1) The Propoganda PBEM, with up to eight individuals who all post their view of the game at the end of each turn in a thread similiar to the SPIN threads. Kinda like UnOrthO suggested (wonder where that idea came from....)

2) The Terms of Democracy DemoGame.

Two human teams, BOTH Egypt playing against six AI teams. Term III and Term IV as the team leadership with and all in the open. No private forums. DemoGame members could run for office in either Term's civ and vice versa, we simply start with the original officers from the two terms.

I could easily see the DIA taking over one Term and the Hawks taking the other and a civil war resulting..........
Old August 12, 2003, 15:18   #87
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Okay, if I had my wishes:

1) The Propoganda PBEM, with up to eight individuals who all post their view of the game at the end of each turn in a thread similiar to the SPIN threads. Kinda like UnOrthO suggested (wonder where that idea came from....)
Hey, I reported to you ready to start and never heard from you again on the subject.

What happened? Let's restart it and get some players!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 12, 2003, 15:58   #88
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:01
I don't know what you think but this thread gave me just a whole lot of fun....
Old August 12, 2003, 16:10   #89
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Hey, I reported to you ready to start and never heard from you again on the subject.

What happened? Let's restart it and get some players!
I also told him I'd love to play and never heard back
Old August 12, 2003, 16:19   #90
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Count me in!

Those were the days...