Old August 12, 2003, 18:45   #91
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Good job OPD, that was an excellent fabricated chat log!

Kudos to your creativity!

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Hey, I reported to you ready to start and never heard from you again on the subject.

What happened? Let's restart it and get some players!
Everyone else was too keen on the idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
I also told him I'd love to play and never heard back
You said you were busy.

I see how it is.

Balderdash PBEM (I like UnOrthO's title better than mine.)
1) GhengisFarb
2) UnOrthOdOx
3) Arnelos

RULES: You must post at the end of each turn a piece of propoganda supporting or denouncing something.
Old August 13, 2003, 09:55   #92
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 03:01
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

1) GhengisFarb
2) UnOrthOdOx
3) Arnelos

RULES: You must post at the end of each turn a piece of propoganda supporting or denouncing something.
4) Beta. I denounce the arbitrary ranking of the teams. GF #1. Er - I think not.

(translation - I'm in. )
Old August 13, 2003, 13:51   #93
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

1) GhengisFarb
2) UnOrthOdOx
3) Arnelos
4) Beta

Old August 13, 2003, 13:56   #94
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:01
If you wouldn't mind I could act as the bad german.
But only if you are willing to accept me....
Old August 13, 2003, 14:04   #95
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill
If you wouldn't mind I could act as the bad german.
But only if you are willing to accept me....
Can you distort the truth and wallow around in your own twisted yet amusing view of reality? That is the question.........
Old August 13, 2003, 14:09   #96
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Cool let's get this running then!

5 players, small map, move quick.

Biggest lie wins?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 13, 2003, 14:21   #97
Darekill
Prince

@ Ghengis I could never do this!
I could never ever spread a lie.
You should know this since I've been here at Apolyton from it's very beginning in 1918!
I never lie.
Well, at least not always
Old August 13, 2003, 14:54   #98
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Good Enough, still haven't heard from History Guy or any other journalists.......

Balderdash PBEM
1) GhengisFarb
2) UnOrthOdOx
3) Arnelos
4) Beta
5) Darekill

As to the current PTWDG game..........
Are we having fun? No, and you know who I blame? These politically correct liberals thats who. Pacifist32 and his Spanishhugging Blockheads have destroyed the Glory of War. More like the Glory of Wusses nowadays if you ask me. "We don't want to take Spanish cities," they say. "The Spanish are our friends," they say. Bullcrud!

In my day, back when I was Emperor, we'd chase down them Luxians for days before we finally got to enjoy murderin one of those screamin brats. But, oh no! These is the age of enlightment! These is the days of the "kinder, gentler Warmonger"...............

Give me a good donkey and a large stick and I'll take the Spanish capital! Heck, I'll take em all! I don't need no stinkin Riders! Give me a donkey that can swim and I'll take that Eye of the Storm Chickens single handed!

Will they? You bet your left ear muffin they won't. Keep me chained to Sir UnOrthOdOx cause I'm "uncivilized". Hrmpf! One of these days that Sir UnOrthO is going to weaken his grip on that chain and off I go.................
Old August 13, 2003, 15:05   #99
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

don't worry Ghengis look at the election results so far...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 13, 2003, 15:09   #100
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Hey - if I ever get my phone working again - I would love to be a part of balderdash.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 13, 2003, 15:51   #101
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

I'd be interested, too. But if you want to keep it to a small game, I understand. There's only so much untruth you can fit in one game
Old August 13, 2003, 15:53   #102
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

They're comming out of the woodwork now! Look at all the aspiring liars!

We're at seven...do I hear 8?

I still say a small map...make it crowded. maybe Pangea max water even...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 13, 2003, 16:54   #103
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

It could always be a tournament...
Old August 13, 2003, 17:00   #104
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

A champion from each team?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 13, 2003, 17:05   #105
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:01
I'll join if you need 8, but as the Prophet of the great Banana I always tell the truth(whose version is another story).
Aggie
Old August 13, 2003, 17:07   #106
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

There's 8.

Any more will have to start their own I say.

All random settings, small map, 4 saves and we each vote for our favorite then play the 'best' one?

/me wonders who will truly vote their best game as #1 given this crowd...

Any of the 'new' victories?

Im a fan of Mass Regicide myself but don't need it.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 13, 2003, 17:16   #107
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Ghengis, as far as the current PTW game, I have instructed my riders to surround the palace and instruct Panzer of his options. Hopefully it won't come to bloodshed and panzer will see things the correct(read my) way. Though once I am...... Silly me, did I say I, I meant a duly elected general, is in charge we might cut those chains Ghengis. Just promise not to drool too much and only on our enemies.
Aggie
Old August 13, 2003, 17:27   #108
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Last I remember I was holding those chains. Besides. We are a LONG way from the capitol, and many things can happen to those you send with 'orders' be they from Panzer or Aggie, you will find I will do as I see fit in my pursuit of MrWIA.

Besides. I have a special assignment in mind for Ghengis. One that requires his...expertise.

Im almost done with the next section that will explain all. My writting time was cut dramatically this week, due to troubles at home I am sure you are all aware of by now.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 13, 2003, 19:14   #109
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

CrazyGhengis stops gnawing at his chains when he realizes UnOrthO is looking at him.

Balderdash PBEM
1) GhengisFarb - posts in gibberish
2) UnOrthOdOx
3) Arnelos
4) Beta
5) Darekill - posts in German
6) GodKing - doesn't post until 6 months after the game starts because that the soonest they can hook up his phone line
7) ZargonX
8) Aggie

All random settings, small map, 4 saves and we each vote for our favorite then play the 'best' one. Mass Regicide.

CrazyGhengis starts gnawing at his chains as everyone starts discussing the game options.

Almost there.....
Old August 13, 2003, 23:44   #110
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

This sounds like a bunch of old geezers remembering "the good ol' days"

ok, I'm just jealous because I wasn't in the first SPDG only in the last weeks of the final term (yes, I was in the victory chat )

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old August 14, 2003, 02:06   #111
Darekill
Prince

You don't want me to post my statements in german, do you?
I could do this but you would maybe loose the sense of them sometimes.
Maybe I should post bilangual. Would shorten my psots a bit because I'd have to translate them everytime
Old August 14, 2003, 08:55   #112
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

German is fine with me.

I took a few years and understand the speaking fine. Writting it is a different thing all together...I could never write properly...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 15, 2003, 16:06   #113
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 09:01
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
German is fine with me.

I took a few years and understand the speaking fine. Writting it is a different thing all together...I could never write properly...

hi ,

well if you need someone to do that , .......

auf wiedersehen
Old August 17, 2003, 10:22   #114
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Balderdash PBEM
Quote:
You don't want me to post my statements in german, do you?
I could do this but you would maybe loose the sense of them sometimes.
Maybe I should post bilangual. Would shorten my psots a bit because I'd have to translate them everytime
I think German and English would be nice.

Unless someone gives objects I am starting this PBEM today with settings listed below in THIS THREAD.

Balderdash PBEM
1) GhengisFarb - posts in gibberish
2) UnOrthOdOx
3) Arnelos
4) Beta
5) Darekill - posts in German
6) GodKing - doesn't post until 6 months after the game starts because that the soonest they can hook up his phone line
7) ZargonX
8) Aggie

All random settings, small map, 4 saves and we each vote for our favorite then play the 'best' one. Mass Regicide.

If you want to play a specific civ let me know TODAY or you will be given a random civ. I do think we should have one or two Hidden Nationality units.

Say, no one plays the Russians or Carthage and we make Cossacks and Numidian Mercenaries Hidden Nationality.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; August 17, 2003 at 10:29.
Old August 17, 2003, 14:38   #115
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

1. I'd rather not have Cossacks and Numidian Mercenaries as hidden nationality units. I'm sure there's plenty to write balderdash about when you know everyone's nationality and everyone knows yours. Besides, if both sides are writing balderdash and everyone reading is aware that anything written could be fake, they ALREADY have no idea of knowing if both or either side is telling the truth when relating the identity of their attacker

2. Civ Choices (in order of preference):
- Japan
- Germany
- America
- Greece
- Rome
- Russia
Old August 17, 2003, 15:27   #116
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

But it would be funny, because you don't know who attacked you with the Hidden Nationality units, you would have to guess and probably guess wrong, causing even more diplomatic dialogue.

Then you have people pointing fingers at each other all the while the actual culprit hides in the corner. In this game everything is in the open for people to see, so it helps to add a little bit of sneakiness to the game.
Old August 17, 2003, 16:13   #117
Darekill
Prince

My civ's of choice in the given ranking are:

Egypt
China
Persia
Arabia
Iroquis
Germans

Hidden Nationality units should be UU's of not chosen Civs'
Best we have one from each army -> kosaks navy -> Man O' Wars and Airforce -> F16.

I would not use them
Old August 17, 2003, 16:17   #118
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I would be willing to include the Man O Wars if noone chooses England.

Seriously, a few HU units are very fun, they breed distrust and underhandedness. Which is exactly what we want in this PBEM.

SO Arnelos of the Japanese and Darekill of the Egyptians? You don't want to get creative with your names?

Aggies playing the Ottomans, and Beta is playing as Atlantis (Greeks) while I am Ghengis of the Ghauls (Germany).
Old August 17, 2003, 22:53   #119
Darekill
Prince

Let me be Darekill of the Peoples Repuplic of Demogyptica.
I have a consttution already!
It beginns with: "I the People..."

Lasst mich Darekill aus der Volksrepublik Demogyptica sein.
Ich habe sogar schon eine Verfassung.
Sie beginnt mit: "Ich das Volk...."
Old August 17, 2003, 23:05   #120
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
It begins with: "I the People..."