Old November 15, 1999, 21:44   #1
mrtemba

Local Time: 05:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Squid and others, problems with Trojan War scenario?
Here are some problems that I discovered...I may have the old version but the one I downloaded was the version squid linked me to just awhile ago, so here is what I found...

I - AENEAS'S PALACE SPELLED WRONG IN EVENTS! so Aeneas never comes around

II - never saw Priam unit, not in scenario? Even when playing as Trojans I looked for him on the first turn and he wasn't there!

III - should have spr overrun flagged

and these are just some opinionistic playtesting notes...

IV - way too many spartans and myceneans, maybe change it so once every five turns or so? can this be done?

V - would it be too much to ask for a different ocean grahpic? maybe the original tot one?

VI - should be more barbarian activity to keep things interesting, raiders and bandits and such.

VII - mission for trojans like finding the amazons and ethiopians and begging for thier help?
Old November 16, 1999, 00:10   #2
Aeneas of Ilium

Thanks for some of the only feedback I've gotten. Let me answer the stuff.

-About Priam: Nope, he doesn't appear. I had originally planned for him to be some important unit until I learned he was ~70 years old and couldn't fight a bit. I decided to toss him from the scen, but I kept his graphic, etc.

-As for Aeneas, oops. I guess I was busy with other things when I should have checked that

-I don't know what you mean by SPR overrun.

-I tried to make each turn involve a lot of combat, and the Spartans and Myceneans were a part of this. The catch is that if you lose their leader (Agamemnon or Menelaus) they stop appearing, slowing things down a bit by the end.

-I used the ocean graphic from Artaxerxes, which I REALLY like. I can't stand the original ToT. Too dark, just like everything else.

-Good idea with the mission. Any suggestions?

------------------
Thus spoke Æneas; thus the Trojan crew
With cries and clamor his request renew

Old November 17, 1999, 23:21   #3
mrtemba

Local Time: 05:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
-About Priam: Nope, he doesn't appear. I had originally planned for him to be some important unit until I learned he was ~70 years old and couldn't fight a bit. I decided to toss him from the scen, but I kept his graphic, etc.
ahh...that explains that. okay!

Quote:
-As for Aeneas, oops. I guess I was busy with other things when I should have checked that
well it kind of makes the scenario unbeatable as the trojans (except for killing the horse).

Quote:
-I don't know what you mean by SPR overrun.
do you not have the 1.1 patch? It should have been toggled under scenario parameters or something like that (your modified version of game.txt EXCLUDES IT for some reason so use the normal game.txt).

Quote:
-I tried to make each turn involve a lot of combat, and the Spartans and Myceneans
were a part of this. The catch is that if you lose their leader (Agamemnon or Menelaus)
they stop appearing, slowing things down a bit by the end.
well by the end none of my heros had been scratched and spartans and myceneans were still pumping out at full throttle. maybe one way to change this would be to make the ethiopians and the amazons come earlier.

Quote:
-I used the ocean graphic from Artaxerxes, which I REALLY like. I can't stand the original ToT. Too dark, just like everything else.
the coasts look just fine but the original ocean graphic is still the same one from civ 2 arrggghhh! i'm so sick of that! well don't worry many others aren't

Quote:
-Good idea with the mission. Any suggestions?
glad you asked!

Maybe in the bottom right hand corner of the map there could be some greek unit with a No Disband flag that would be the Ethiopian Ambassador or something like that and when you bribe it you get more ethiopians per turn (in addition to the ones you might get from their king joining).

Also the same kinda thing for the amazons but put thier ambassador in the top right corner.

If you kill the Ambassador instead of bribing it, Barbarian units are generated instead, close to Troy!

Also I seem to remember the Thracians getting mixed up with it too, I think maybe you could put them in as a barbarian tribe that if the Trojans conquer them before the greeks get to them then they get a Thracian unit every turn.

just some ideas....