Old August 10, 2003, 12:35   #1
Space05us
King

Local Time: 19:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I had a dream last night
It was in my room. I was looking for a bible to read as I do from time to time because it has some interesting stories in it. I eventualy found one in my closet, it was leather bound like a witches spell book or something, which I thought was odd. I sat down in my chair and opened it to about somewhere in the middle, and got the most horrific feeling I've ever had in my life. I was scared shitless. My hands were burning, my eyes were tearing up, and my ears hurt because of an awful noise that was coming from the bible. I flip through the pages and started crying uncontrolably from fear. I saw shadowy figures moving around in my room and I felt like someone was creeping up behind me with a noose getting ready to kill me. I felt the warmth of blood somewhere on my body, but I couldnt tell where. Then I started begging for forgiveness from god, after a few seconds the bible closed itself, all of my fear left along with everything that was scaring me except the feeling that someone is creeping up behind me. I picked the bible up and looked at it. It had a paper cover now and the outside had a design similar to a renisance painting of a bible scene. I sat back down in the chair and started reading it from the front, and I felt a sense of warth like I was being craddled in someones arms, but I still had the feeling that someone was sneaking up behind me.

After what seemed to be a few seconds of dreaming as clear as I ever have I woke up, jumped out of bed and turned my light on. I still have that feeling that someone is sneaking up on me and earlier today I was giving serious consideration to going down to one of the churches and getting baptised.

anyone care to help me out with this one?
Old August 10, 2003, 12:54   #2
The Andy-Man
Prince

Local Time: 07:09
you didn't get on well with your father as a child, it seems.
Old August 11, 2003, 06:05   #3
geeslaka
Prince

Local Time: 00:09
Clearly, your bible has been replaced with an inferior copy. Had it not been replaced, you would have woken up at the nearest church, hammering on the doors and begging to be baptized.
This dream occurred because You have allowed Satan to trick you into misusing the Holy Bible and The Lord is making you aware of Satan's evil plan to steal your soul. Repent now and be saved.

just kidding

Use it as an excuse to get closer to your gf.
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.
Old August 11, 2003, 06:10   #4
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 09:09
You just had your first vision. You begged God for forgiveness and God gave it to you. It's the Satan that's creeping behind you, but have no fear. Satan can't hurt you anymore, just remember you are with the bigger fellow now. So, was this your first personal contact with God?

- Paul Valery
Old August 11, 2003, 06:18   #5
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 10:09
Yes, have a nice trip to the funny farm!
Just joking..
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old August 11, 2003, 06:22   #6
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 08:09
Dreams revolving around being stalked are not uncommon - the Bible angle is interesting but not especially sinister.

Now, if you had been playing around with a Maleus Maleficarum or similar grimoire, I could understand... I don't think that's quite your style though.

Personally when I have a dream like that, nowadays I try to confront the menace... remember, no rules in the dreamland, you can do what you want.

One tactic I found highly amusing was to image swinging round with a big pole - that one turned an almost nightmare into an ongoing slapstick comedy.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old August 11, 2003, 06:31   #7
geeslaka
Prince

When I was 7 I had a recurring dream where I was captured and put into a suit that constantly stabbed me with pencil-sized needles. The suit was then strapped to the underside of one of the exhaust nozzles on a space shuttle. The dream usually ended with the shuttle taking off. I used Cruddy's idea to break the loop, i.e., I kicked a guy in the nuts. Haven't had the dream since.(though I have had many other equally disturbing dreams)
Follow Cruddy's advice, if/when the dream reoccurs, jump out of the chair and kill what ever is sneaking up on you.
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.
Old August 11, 2003, 06:39   #8
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by geeslaka
When I was 7 I had a recurring dream where I was captured and put into a suit that constantly stabbed me with pencil-sized needles. The suit was then strapped to the underside of one of the exhaust nozzles on a space shuttle.
Thats...interesting.
Old August 11, 2003, 06:48   #9
geeslaka
Prince

Explains a lot, doesn't it?
XGalaga.
Old August 11, 2003, 06:50   #10
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Explains a lot, doesn't it?

I'm gong to go now....kthnxbye
Old August 11, 2003, 07:02   #11
geeslaka
Prince

Hehe, if you put your actual location in your location field, you're less than 200 miles away....
XGalaga.
Old August 11, 2003, 07:03   #12
Nubclear

Quote:
Hehe, if you put your actual location in your location field, you're less than 200 miles away....
Ah, where do you live?
Old August 11, 2003, 07:38   #13
geeslaka
Prince

Five years ago, Logan. Now, Salt Lake City.
XGalaga.
Old August 11, 2003, 08:41   #14
Space05us
King

Quote:
Clearly, your bible has been replaced with an inferior copy. Had it not been replaced, you would have woken up at the nearest church, hammering on the doors and begging to be baptized.
This dream occurred because You have allowed Satan to trick you into misusing the Holy Bible and The Lord is making you aware of Satan's evil plan to steal your soul. Repent now and be saved.
as silly as it sounds, I think you might be right...

Quote:
You just had your first vision. You begged God for forgiveness and God gave it to you. It's the Satan that's creeping behind you, but have no fear. Satan can't hurt you anymore, just remember you are with the bigger fellow now. So, was this your first personal contact with God?
Im not sure if you're being serious or not, but things like this arent aken lightly in my family. Dreams and those "funny feelings" you get when something wrong is about to happen have saved the lives of quite a few of my family, including my mom and of course myself. Im just not inclined to say its the protection of the christian god because of the things people have done in his name. Im so confused...

Quote:
Dreams revolving around being stalked are not uncommon - the Bible angle is interesting but not especially sinister.

Now, if you had been playing around with a Maleus Maleficarum or similar grimoire, I could understand... I don't think that's quite your style though.

Personally when I have a dream like that, nowadays I try to confront the menace... remember, no rules in the dreamland, you can do what you want.

One tactic I found highly amusing was to image swinging round with a big pole - that one turned an almost nightmare into an ongoing slapstick comedy.
Ive had dreams where Ive been out right chased, but never a dream where I only get the feeling that someone is stalking me. And never so strong. Also Ive never had a dream with a bible in it.

I dont know what Maleus Maleficarum is, Id assume its some form of witch craft or something??

I know that confronting the bad thing in your dream is the best way to get rid of it, but I couldnt, you have absolutely no idea how scared I was. I was more scared than either of the two times Ive been threatened by death, I couldnt even think clearly, and the pain I felt was so real for a dream.

a serious question though. If I simply read the bible, and took serious consideration to its teachings but didnt get baptised, that would be enough wouldnt it? I wouldnt have to practice it, like by going to church, would I?
Old August 11, 2003, 08:50   #15
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 09:09
Look, I survived a very, very dangerous car crash earlier this year so I think I owe something to the Guy Above. I mean, by all reasoning I should have died in the crash. Instead I didnt even have any bruises at all. So yes, I was being serious

- Paul Valery
Old August 11, 2003, 08:52   #16
Space05us
King

just making sure you werent a troll, you have to be careful on 'poly. And Im sorry to hear about your accident. Can you asnwer my question though?

Quote:
If I simply read the bible, and took serious consideration to its teachings but didnt get baptised, that would be enough wouldnt it? I wouldnt have to practice it, like by going to church, would I?
or would it be better if I talked to a Priest or something?
Old August 11, 2003, 08:58   #17
CerberusIV
lifer
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Spiritual belief is about how you feel inside. Either you have it or you don't. It isn't the same thing as going to church every Sunday.

If you think the dream really meant something then start living your life in a way that seems appropriate (and do so sincerely).
Old August 11, 2003, 09:08   #18
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
I once had a dream about a poorly staged musical concerning the life of Hercules. The highlight was when Hercules, armed with a spoon, managed to hit all the bad guys right off of the stage (they were attached to ropes and went flying over the crowd). After that, all the extras came on stage and started singing. I actually woke up laughing when they poured all their hearts into singing:

"Hercules! He's like a modern day Jesus!".
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old August 11, 2003, 09:12   #19
geeslaka
Prince

If you feel that reading and understanding the bible will protect you, it will.

That's the way it is when you hide from your dreams, something will only protect you if you believe it will. The only way to be protected from a dream is to find that which you believe will protect you.
XGalaga.
Old August 11, 2003, 10:31   #20
Vandal-1
Call to Power Democracy GameCall to Power MultiplayerCall to Power PBEM
Chieftain

Our sphere of prehension far exceeds our sphere of comprehension in other words you sense a hunter at times but you re not able to consciously identify it.It is in a place between your thoughts,between your breaths and between your heartbeats..an intuition.If you're a agnostic then you can't acknowledge it so in a state of
concealment it grows.IF you can accept it even as it is unproven (like a philosopher) you will find the anxiety generating (actually energy stealing )power that begs to remain camophlaged,But apparrently you are aware and so is a secound spiritually visible power that you need help.In the Dream that help is offered and will be
'till you accept it or the lion has its way.The Lords protection goes far beyound the space and time of any temple wall or rite use it when you confront these theives
Old August 11, 2003, 11:32   #21
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 03:09
I will note that dreams are very rarely literal. The presence of the Bible in the dream doesn't necessarily mean that the dream had anything to with Christianity, God, or Satan. If this dream really disturbs, find someone that is actually qualified to analyze dreams.
Old August 11, 2003, 11:37   #22
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 01:09
It hasn't been mentioned, but it's also somewhat likely that your blanket was just strangling you in your sleep or something. This will happen occasionally, like a small child might dream they're drowning and wake up with their blanket smothering them.

Also, it could have been a subconscious cue that someone really was there. Unlikely, but there are many conspiracy nuts out there that will tell you your subconscious will predict things.

Or, should we enter the realm of religion, it could be said that God was trying to send you a message to give up your sinful ways.

And steer clear of leather-bound bibles for the time being.