Old January 24, 2004, 23:12   #61
Panzeh
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I prefer thinking games. There are a few starcraft maps that do this somewhat well, mostly the civil war maps, which basically consists of using ghosts without special abilities as infantry, vultures without mines as cavalry, and siege tanks as artillery, and making them take an extremely long time to kill each other. This deemphasizes micro and puts more emphasis on thinking about where to place units for the maximum punch.
Panzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2004, 02:29   #62
ShardPhoenix
Settler

Local Time: 07:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Panzeh
I prefer thinking games. There are a few starcraft maps that do this somewhat well, mostly the civil war maps, which basically consists of using ghosts without special abilities as infantry, vultures without mines as cavalry, and siege tanks as artillery, and making them take an extremely long time to kill each other. This deemphasizes micro and puts more emphasis on thinking about where to place units for the maximum punch.
what

Those Civil War maps are pretty mindless compared to the real game, at least as far as I've seen. Unit Placement is only a one aspect of micro (which itself is only part of the game) in the real game, but in Civil War maps it's practically the entire game.
ShardPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote